Taking A Stand.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Taking A Stand.

Post Count

Taking A Stand.

Since the introduction of the streak/win goals, all of those who participate in this forum have seen an abundant of threads concerning the numerous issues and general displeasure that this aspect of the game has caused. While it appears to have been a windfall for many of the top factions, if what I have read here is true, it seems to have provided more of a negative experience for the majority of the remaining factions.

I recognized early that streaks/wins were not going to be beneficial for my faction, one that is in and out of the top 250, for a couple of reasons. First, I was concerned about the burnout effect, a very real consequence of Gree throwing event after event at us, consuming more and more of our time. So they introduce a twist to the battles that requires a faction's attention 24/7 for three days? Not good. Secondly, when the upper tier factions quickly figured the benefit of what I call "super minis" it didn't take long to realize the the streak/win goals were unattainable for us. As a result, we went back to scoring points, the side benefit being we were forced other factions to fight and not sandbag.

Still though, as I stayed in touch here with what was happening regarding the battle weekends I found myself getting frustrated with the lack of action by those who were posting their displeasure over this aspect of the game. As a result, I've decided to take a stand this event.

The 48th TFW will not "declare war" one time this upcoming event. It's a small gesture, I know, and one that will draw ridicule from some, but I'm Ok with that. At least we will have acted on our displeasure over a poorly thought out, poorly executed aspect of the WD events which use to be enjoyable.

Best of luck this weekend to all involved. Remember this though, if you find yourself getting angry or upset over the poor matchups you encounter, or for having your streak mysteriously thwarted time and again by super minis, you will only have yourself to blame, not Gree.

Archer
    MW: 723 733 538 / 766 013 376 / 837 581 025
    MW: Faction 48th TFW 326 189 720[/SIZE][/FONT

Maxed bonuses: Output, building defense, health regen, all defense, Infantry, Ground Attack, Air Attack and Sea Attack.

Try Empires and Allies...you actually get to control attacks and need to use strategy!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer59 View Post
    Since the introduction of the streak/win goals, all of those who participate in this forum have seen an abundant of threads concerning the numerous issues and general displeasure that this aspect of the game has caused. While it appears to have been a windfall for many of the top factions, if what I have read here is true, it seems to have provided more of a negative experience for the majority of the remaining factions.

The 48th TFW will not "declare war" one time this upcoming event. It's a small gesture, I know, and one that will draw ridicule from some, ....

Archer
    Archer, firstly those that ridicule have trouble articulating there view and resort to the base level. What is right for you is right. It may not be for others.

I do sense a change is finally coming and without much notice, if any. It will align outcomes closer to the original intention. Some will get caught out and will express their concerns. The wheel turns Archer.

Perhaps not this war though.
    Last edited by Ysae Kaeps ASU; 02-04-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre
    Godzilla Crosses the Pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU
    I'll take a picnic basket and a bottle of good red and join Robespierre and Agent Orange sitting high on Palatine Hill to watch Rome burn

Post Count
    Thanks CJ for reopening this thread. Much appreciated.

Maxed bonuses: Output, building defense, health regen, all defense, Infantry, Ground Attack, Air Attack and Sea Attack.

Try Empires and Allies...you actually get to control attacks and need to use strategy!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Good luck to you Archer. We will be going to war, and simply hoping for the best. GREE's best, which is a very low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer59 View Post
    Thanks CJ for reopening this thread. Much appreciated.
    He closed this thread?

Best.
    Forum.
    Mod.
    Ever.

(That's sarcasm, btw)

Edit: Just saw the mod post elsewhere (not here of course) explaining that he reopened it for "discussion purposes". I'm just not sure what to think about that. So much in inconsistency everywhere you go in these forums.
    Last edited by warrends; 02-05-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Archer, I agree with you completely. For many factions, the wars are a waste of time because they will never finish in the top 1000 and therefore the money spent on walls at the expense of bonuses is also wasted. I have suggested in the past that we sit out the wars and concentrate on building our stats through bonuses instead, but strangely the people who had most to gain by doing that were the most opposed to it. As a recovering gold addict, I'm frustrated that even throwing gold at wars doesn't significantly improve your chances of placing higher, because - unlike the other uses of gold - the enemy can simply throw gold back at you and neutralise your effort. War tends to be the part of the cycle when I smile politely and roll my eyes. I know a lot of players must do well out of it, but I'm not one of them.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Archer, you can still go for rank even if you cannot complete streaks. I was in a top 75 faction and the last 2 wars i was that team, we did old style wars. We did not worry about streaks and wins only points. Most of the people thought it was more fun then sandbagging and trying to get wins. You can still get rewards for rank. If you run into a streak team, dont worry about the win, just get as many points as you can even if it is from the cc. you can also run a no gold war, if you dont want to give it to Gree. Being in a streak team myself, i can tell you that it is much harder than a 50+ team. you have to be there all the time. But, you dont have to put up with the faction drama bs.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mw Adam View Post
    Archer, you can still go for rank even if you cannot complete streaks. I was in a top 75 faction and the last 2 wars i was that team, we did old style wars. We did not worry about streaks and wins only points. Most of the people thought it was more fun then sandbagging and trying to get wins. You can still get rewards for rank. If you run into a streak team, dont worry about the win, just get as many points as you can even if it is from the cc. you can also run a no gold war, if you dont want to give it to Gree. Being in a streak team myself, i can tell you that it is much harder than a 50+ team. you have to be there all the time. But, you dont have to put up with the faction drama bs.

Did you get your streak, it must be getting harder now as there are so many streak teams and there will be allot more this time.

We have always gone for points as we have more fun win or loose, but since the streak teams the fun is long gone, we will continue to battle but use no gold as it's pointless, we have been pushed out to 750 from 200 because of the streak teams.

As each war goes but it gets harder to justify the hours put in for notting in return, especially the best part fun,

Post Count
    I think folks in general are burning out. A simple fix would be to presort rival factions by number of members eg 1, 2-5, 4-10, 8-15, 13-20 etc. Then match by total stats.

Folks will complain about two things the longer matching times if they have built a lopsided streak team and the fact they are getting matched with more equal rivals.

Then the biggest variable would be participation of faction members.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    I would love to see a balanced matching system as you suggest. All things being equal, participation would be the key, also as you pointed out. At that point, teams would only be as successful as the amount of effort they put into the fight. What a novel idea....lol.

Lurker
    Post Count

I like streaking

Now that I have your attention, let me say that for me, the faction win goals and the streaks were the best thing to happen to WD. I have never been on a top 100 or better team. However, the streak/faction win goals have given my faction an opportunity to be successful and get the top prize without being SUP. We know that finishing in the top 50 is impossible for us. We have not been playing MW since the beginning and we don't have tons of cash. But we can achieve something meaningful together because of the streak/faction win goals. Achieving wins/streak goals comes at a price; our rank goals are now lower now that our strategy is wins/streaks.

Please do not envy our wins/streaks. We will not envy your higher rank.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by coachsmart View Post
    Now that I have your attention, let me say that for me, the faction win goals and the streaks were the best thing to happen to WD. I have never been on a top 100 or better team. However, the streak/faction win goals have given my faction an opportunity to be successful and get the top prize without being SUP. We know that finishing in the top 50 is impossible for us. We have not been playing MW since the beginning and we don't have tons of cash. But we can achieve something meaningful together because of the streak/faction win goals. Achieving wins/streak goals comes at a price; our rank goals are now lower now that our strategy is wins/streaks.

Please do not envy our wins/streaks. We will not envy your higher rank.
    Have you come up against a bigger streak team than yours, if not you soon will, there will be more and bigger streak teams this WD. Only a matter of time before a 10 man 15mil team come up against a 6 man 20 mil team, and then the steak is over for one team.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by free play View Post
    Have you come up against a bigger streak team than yours, if not you soon will, there will be more and bigger streak teams this WD. Only a matter of time before a 10 man 15mil team come up against a 6 man 20 mil team, and then the steak is over for one team.
    Many times. We have even beaten more powerful teams by just attacking the CC. It can be done, but it takes coordination, patience, and a total team effort. This is a social game and my faction has grown closer together by going for streaks.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    On all levels of the game it is possible to establish a streak team. No need to create envy there indeed. Play with friends, do not spend gold or keep it to a minimum, that is the best challenge. There is no single legit person that can become the strongest hence do not chase that goal at all. There is hardly any need for continuous discussions on the various topics presented as if they were legitimate topics to be addressed. Fake topics and fake solutions just to distract players from what really happens. I wish i could use a magic wand to inprint this insight into the addictive brains of ligitimate gold spenders.
    Have fun in turkey, the lost legends wont fight
    Yours,
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    On all levels of the game it is possible to establish a streak team. No need to create envy there indeed. Play with friends, do not spend gold or keep it to a minimum, that is the best challenge. There is no single legit person that can become the strongest hence do not chase that goal at all. There is hardly any need for continuous discussions on the various topics presented as if they were legitimate topics to be addressed. Fake topics and fake solutions just to distract players from what really happens. I wish i could use a magic wand to inprint this insight into the addictive brains of ligitimate gold spenders.
    Have fun in turkey, the lost legends wont fight
    Yours,
    Written like the sage that you are.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Impressive that you have a collective willing to sit out in mass. Very little stat gain during wd these days unless you are streaking so it really is just 3 days gained. Congrats.
    Texicans. Top 50, 75, 100, 150. We have been it all.

We use dockbot, if your faction wants a demo pm me. I will even give you a free WD usage if it is your first time to use.