We're having a meeting this week, voice your concerns here! - Page 21

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: We're having a meeting this week, voice your concerns here!

Lurker
    Post Count

Second in command asst leader

Quote Originally Posted by 600fonz View Post
    More ranking within faction so others can purchase bonuses, walls, kick players etc apart from the leader.
    Need a second as leader is not on 24 7 need one or two generals with power to take out buy walls and bonus etc, they should be able to take out all but leader

Consistent Contributor SHANESTER's Avatar
    Post Count
    A big THANK YOU for fixing android's contributors list! makes a huge difference

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xJames View Post
    Just a suggestion: in place of using average stats where you run the risk of teams adding in a bunch of level 1 players to lower their average, why not use total stats + faction size (maybe +/- 5 faction members). This would have a similar effect to average in controlling the mega minis steak factions, but prevent diluting. I'm sure there is a way to game this too, but almost any set up will have some counter strategy.
    After seeing the last WD yes there should be some way to control the use of ringers to drop faction stats. Granted then the issue becomes long wait times for matching. So I wonder what the parameters should be.

#1 DL stats vs DL stats perhaps? At least for the initial sort. This could perhaps eliminate these situations where you hit a DL that is impossible to beat.
    #2 Then sort by total number of faction members. This would put you into a ball park where you had similar number of members. Also tier the number of members with 1 tier being only 1 member in a faction so you group all the guys going alone into 1 grouping. Then go from there 2-5, 4-10 etc.
    #3 Then sort by total attack stats. I would have said average stats however that idea got circumvented in the last WD by factions dropping in L1 players to knock down the average.
    #4 Have a withdraw button, if it's taking more than 10-15 minutes for a match give the faction a chance to withdraw from a fight. May seem like a dumb idea but the odds of hitting a monster faction seem to increase with elapsed time as the game tries dropping parameters in order to finally get you a rival faction.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    General thoughts.

The infirmary and defence buildings are now useless for most high level players. I think perhaps build in a new multiplier based on Level so the higher you get level wise the higher the multiplier and the more useful these buildings become. FYI, I no longer even bother buying Defence or the Infirmary for my LLPs.

Granted the infirmary is pretty much useless when all of us have indestructible armies so instead of using it to reduce unit losses use it to decrease the health regeneration times.

Defence buildings, could also be tied to def skill points. Yeah I know that nobody really knows how def skill points work but it would make sense that they are used as some form of multiplier in conjunction with defence buildings. Otherwise it really is useless to have these things given the stats of some players.

Plus it could help with the complaints regarding being raided by someone with much lower stats than you which is a real issue with some players and I have seen it as well.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    And posted to another thread but relevant here.

Yes this is the problem with this game, you are tricked into levelling up but as a result if you have poor strategy or shallow pockets you are ultimately screwed.

MW is the first of this type of game that I have ever played and it never occurred to me in the very beginning that spending insane amounts of real money was the strategy to use to become the strongest. Silly me, thought that having a good strategy would be better and for maybe the first month it was. But now strategy is replaced with heavy spending and that really takes a lot of the strategy part of the game out of the equation.

Now I'm not saying to radically change the game at this stage because that would be totally unfair to those who have spent copious amounts of cash on it. But as with WD I think tiers need to be looked at in some depth.

#1 we should have had bonus units for hitting certain levels say every 50 as that would give incentive to the eager beavers who levelled up dramatically. I think having time limited awards for levelling up though a nice way to pick players pockets was a mistake.

#2 increase the maximum number of levels. If we are at 300 then bump it to 1000 or not have a maximum at all. That should give those guys something to look forward to and also spread out the players a lot more. Mainly so that L300 monsters can't get down to much lower level weaker players.

As I mentioned in another post I think WD should actually be full time, factions that want to fight can and those that aren't that interested don't have to. This bi weekly WD schedule is just brutal and is the main reason why I left my faction. I do not want to be a slave to this game any more.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    General thoughts.

The infirmary and defence buildings are now useless for most high level players. I think perhaps build in a new multiplier based on Level so the higher you get level wise the higher the multiplier and the more useful these buildings become. FYI, I no longer even bother buying Defence or the Infirmary for my LLPs.

Granted the infirmary is pretty much useless when all of us have indestructible armies so instead of using it to reduce unit losses use it to decrease the health regeneration times.

Defence buildings, could also be tied to def skill points. Yeah I know that nobody really knows how def skill points work but it would make sense that they are used as some form of multiplier in conjunction with defence buildings. Otherwise it really is useless to have these things given the stats of some players.

Plus it could help with the complaints regarding being raided by someone with much lower stats than you which is a real issue with some players and I have seen it as well.
    Def buildsare still good to block those boosts which is what i use mine for..nothing better then haveing a unraidable base it controls the ones that gets anal bc they dont collect on time and cant circle back to knock out boosts for their own mistake
    Retired to free playing

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I like this ideal it would make things very interesting on when and where to use it. More strategy is good but the risk of gree to be able to do this without a glitch or having it hacked is probably very low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck O View Post
    This is a war game and strategy should count for something. So how about giving us a nuclear option. Something that is not unlimited maybe 2 per war, not battle. What I would think would be great is if faction had a nuclear option they could launch their strike or missile at other faction. The nuke strike would then render a number of other factions members unable to score for 5 to 10 mins and only a portion of other faction is affected from 10 to 25 members and some of them may not have been online anyway. It may have knocked out only 5 active players or 20. Team that launched nuke strike is allowed to continue racking up points while other team has to wait or scramble to get their offline members on due to strike. Some of the attacked team will still be able to continue to score just not the whole team.

Would probably change some aspects and strategies of the game. If you only have 2 per war you have to use them wisely.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    What's funny is the players who have skill points in energy want to move it into attack/defense and the players with skill points in attack/defense want to move it out. Grass is always greener?
    Sorry Oracle, I'm not buying this. I haven't seen any threads asking GREE to let people take away their energy total to put it into the absolutely worthless Attack/Defensive skill points.

We were talking yesterday in another thread with CJ regarding all this, but I'm not sure if he read the suggestions he asked for. One point that needs to be made is that in some of your games, it is possible to redo your skill points (see: Legends of War, formerly Dragon Realms). In that game for the equivalent of 50 gold you can switch them...so why not here?
    Once upon a time led a Top 25 Faction, now...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ChangeMW View Post
    Actually listen to us. Instead of pretending you are.
    Well said and be fair to everyone instead of favoring the top faction !!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaebee View Post
    Sorry Oracle, I'm not buying this. I haven't seen any threads asking GREE to let people take away their energy total to put it into the absolutely worthless Attack/Defensive skill points.

We were talking yesterday in another thread with CJ regarding all this, but I'm not sure if he read the suggestions he asked for. One point that needs to be made is that in some of your games, it is possible to redo your skill points (see: Legends of War, formerly Dragon Realms). In that game for the equivalent of 50 gold you can switch them...so why not here?
    The answer is very SIMPLE, Gree is not going to do anything on this !

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Very Good Points

Quote Originally Posted by 2000y2k View Post
    1) make leveling up be an advantage not a disadvantage. Ie low points in WD events, being punished in the Epic Boss, etc

2) Communicate. After each WD event publish with a sticky the start/stop times and dates of all events. It is always a mystery what time an epic boss or LTQ will start.

-- when a new event starts post it on the forum with relevant information such as the rewards, folders needed, epic boss power etc.

3) Valor. Make it useful again. Too many players have millions of valor with nothing to do with it. Create buildings you can buy only with valor, have events that require valor just like folders are needed in the raid boss. Something.

4) Keep the points received in WD close for every hit. Maybe +\- 25 points. Plus if you win against a player you should not lose the next time. I don't mind spending gold when I find a good target but it pisses me off when I use it just to win 2 of 4 fights when my attack is 500k more than their defense.

5) make sure the in game information is accurate. Check the dates times of each event and ensure pop ups state the same information as the globe and timers.

-- If there is ever a time where the dates and times do not match let us know ASAP. Post it on the forum before you get multiple threads asking the same question.

6) make events that are more of a challenge to teams and forces them to work together not just spend gold and you get xxxx unit. Not all events should be obtainable by dropping the most gold but I understand the need for revenue. You can still create events that force teams to work together in order to meet the goal and still have the gold based rewards.

--- I know it was brought up two weeks ago regarding the event where you had to take out xx guard towers and then xx supply depots but that never came back be use players could not find all the targets. Well that was part of the game and one of the few I recall where you could not buy the final unit.

So why not bring that back but make it a faction based event rather than personal. Have a faction goal to find and take out xx buildings?

It was a fun event and sure not everyone will be able to complete it but that's part of the game.

6) make skill point reset available in game once every 50 levels and charge 50 gold per reset. It's the same cost as a name change and limits players from abusing the system. The game has changed a lot and long time players have no use for 100 stamina points now that pvp events have been eliminated.
    All very good points.
    I would add 7. Provide capability for fusing or traiding low stats gold and valor units for stronger stats units.

Post Count
    It would be nice if there could come a possiblity for teamleaders in the MW chat to sent a mass message to all the team members.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It would be cool when you raided somebody that their cell phone or tablet would explode and catch fire.

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count
    Looks like its pretty much covered already...
    -Faction leader/co-leader or duty designation abilities.
    -Gree sticking to dates and no longer making changes when events are active.
    -Consistant epic boss spawn rate that does not change throughout the event.
    -Inventory management system, new event may make this less important.
    -WATER BUILDINGS!!!