We're having a meeting this week, voice your concerns here! - Page 19

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: We're having a meeting this week, voice your concerns here!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Important factor keep the balance in game with real life..
    Without going thru any painful programming..

War tournaments planned monthly rather then 3 weekly.. Allows player to have breathing time nd do other stuff in game..

war event finish on sunday rather then monday allows max participation even on last day..

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    We are aware of this issue, but there's no easy way to balance it without punishing low level players. If you have any good ideas that account for both low level and high level players, we'd love to hear them.
    Maybe can introduce some new buildings for LVL200 and above.
    u can do upgrade it every 10 level... i.e at lvl210, lvl220, lvl230.

can be boost such as 2% in WD points for each upgrade or 2% reduction in boss health per upgrade or additional 1% alliance attack per upgrade. or additional 2% reduction in upgrade time/cost.. or additional 2% reduction in health regen per upgrade. u can introduce few buildings... the LLP are enjoying good points in WD/boss event,so the HLP should have some of these additional bonus to compensate.

Lurker
    Post Count

Lone wolfing

First up, thanks for allowing the opportunity to provide some input.

One of the biggest frustrations within our faction and from what I read,many others as well, is having players who constantly are lone wolfing leaving the regular and committed players to carry the load and sacrifices for the faction. My only question is, is it possible to provide a list or leave up a list of players that have completed any faction missions/challenges for a short time, say an hour, so we can record who is working for the faction?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We are aware of this issue, but there's no easy way to balance it without punishing low level players. If you have any good ideas that account for both low level and high level players, we'd love to hear them.
    Why not make the points received in WD be based upon the gap of your attack verses their defense. Most games you are rewarded for being strong and a high level but this is lacking here. LLP should not be rewarded for not leveling and not helping the faction in other events or being a new player, but they should be rewarded for building their stats and beating another player by a large margin.

Having someone's level play any role in the way points are determined makes no sense. The stronger you are the more points you should receive. Change the way players receive points from a players level to a players power as that makes more logical sense in a war game.

Have the targets in WD move from someone being the highest level to being the weakest player. Factions should only be as strong as their weakest player.
    Last edited by 2000y2k; 02-11-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think the best way to deal with this is deal with the two areas that you are penalised:

1. WD Points: why not use the idea of closeness in stats to award WD points. If the matching system works well then factions should be matched with similar strength factions. Create an incentive and risk for hitting stronger players - more WD points but also the chance of losing and giving your opponent the bigger WD points. It makes no sense why level plays a role in awarding WD points. Also when you think about it it makes sense - I have more than 40M attack and am ~level 180... should i be given 400 points for smashing a level 300 player with a defence of 5M. Reward the real contests with more points.

2. Boss events: this is a tougher one, but a quick fix that would resolve a lot of the issues would be to use a incremental increase by level from level 1 to level 300. This resolves the cliff when players click over the key thresholds - especially level 151+. Or at the minimum you could do it in groups of 10 or 20 levels.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Regarding World Domination points, I would propose that they behave more like Battle Points. It would make sense for them to be based on a similar model, where the actual difficulty in beating the opponent is what determines how many points you get, rather than how long that player has been playing. You could scale them from a minimum of 80 points to a maximum of 400 points (or any other arbitrary limits), so winning a battle is always more beneficial than hitting the communications center, and beyond a certain point there's no extra "benefit" for being a more advanced player. And for crying out loud, don't let them fluctuate so much from one hit to the next!

For the epic bosses, using a normalized formula for boss health relative to player ability to defeat it would be an improvement. Lots of people have also brought up good suggestions about adding more groups for people over level 150. This one doesn't concern me as much as the WD points issue does though, and I get the sense that a lot of people feel that way.
    5th Panzer Div.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Guys this meeting was LAST WEEK according to the OP.

Just close the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre
    Godzilla Crosses the Pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU
    I'll take a picnic basket and a bottle of good red and join Robespierre and Agent Orange sitting high on Palatine Hill to watch Rome burn

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU View Post
    Guys this meeting was LAST WEEK according to the OP.

Just close the thread.
    Scroll up... this is from about 8 hours ago:

Thanks for all the feedback. The meeting actually got moved to this week, but I've gone through all of the pages and compiled some of the good posts I've seen. I'll bring them up at the meeting later this week and see if I can get some responses.
    5th Panzer Div.

Post Count
    I think making WD points more based on stats than levels would be a good way to go. Level could play a small role into it. But it's really not right that you can only get 200ish wd points from someone close in stats that is 50 lvls lower than you. Conversely you shouldn't be able to get max points from someone 10m lower in stats just because they play the game all the time and that has made them gain a lot of lvls. I don't know if this is a perfect solution, but the current system rewards players for camping and not playing all the events, while punishing those that do play everyday and try to complete all the events. It's a game and games are supposed to be played.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    With WD points first thing that should be corrected is consistency, if l hit target X and get 250 points, when l go back 10 minutes later l should still get 250 points unless the wall is down... The points calculation wall up and down should also work correctly... Walls have less and less value with every war... Points should remain to be based in who you attack combined with their stats ie if you are low level and hit a higher level with high stats best points...

Today's gripe, why are videos down to 1 a day? Used to get 6-10, everyday, all day. Combine that with the laughable intel folder drop rate (6K Energy for 2 folders, lolz) and it looks like a gold/money grab for this event.

Lurker
    Post Count

More Energy when we refill

Thanks for all the feedback. The meeting actually got moved to this week, but I've gone through all of the pages and compiled some of the good posts I've seen. I'll bring them up at the meeting later this week and see if I can get some responses.

Here is what I have:

1. Attack/defense skills need to be more useful/we need to provide more information on what they do
    2. Defense buildings are no longer useful
    3. WD matchup: team size/average strength has to be a factor
    4. Inventory system: attack, defense, alphabetical
    5. Show unboosted stats of each type (air, ground, sea)
    6. Detailed event steps before event is released
    7. Potential skill reset:
    First reset = free
    Second reset = 50 gold
    Third reset = 250 gold
    Fourth reset = 1000 gold
    Capped at 4 resets in a rolling period
    7. More valor/cash uses (any specific ideas?)
    8. More sea buildings
    9. New type of event (there is already one in the works I believe)
    10. WD split into tiers
    11. Allow promoting/demoting players during WD
    12. Have more unlockables at higher levels

Common things asked for that we won't do

1. Increase level cap / vault cap

We have data that lets us know when we need to increase the level/vault cap. We'll let you know when we increase them.

2. Allow member kicking during WD

We already had tons of problems with the early WD's with players getting kicked right after WD ended before the prizes were credited. We are never going to allow member removal during WD, so choose your faction members wisely.

3. Gold transfer/bank/trading/producing building

Trading is too hard to balance in this game and we are not going to open that can of worms. Also, gold is going to stay separate from cash. We are not going to have two different types of currency production.
    ADJUST THE ENERGY INFLATION
    I am writing about this issue again because it seems to be ignored when it is suggested. There are a lot of posts requesting greater parity of points between HLP vs LLP during WD events. While that is a legitimate issue, that event occurs once per month. For the rest of the month we are using energy and health to complete missions. As it pertains to energy missions (which occur more frequently), this issue needs to be addressed because it is one of the main contributors to players leaving the game. It would be prudent to give free players a greater chance at completing missions as it would encourage them and keep them around longer. There are more free players than gold players I'm sure.
    The amount of energy required (and consequently the cost) to complete missions has quadrupled since I've been playing the game. The amount of energy required to complete LTQs is consistently increasing, while the standard energy refill amount of 1000 has not budged since Funzio was bought out.
    I'd ask that serious consideration be given to increasing the amount of energy we get when we use gold to refill. During the last IFTQ/FLTQ, I noticed that we are slowly encroaching on one hit per refill. I am not asking for much, perhaps 1500-1750 per refill. This would make completion of the missions more realistic and re-balance the game structure slightly. The alternative would be to increase the amount of gold given per vault/truckload, etc. or decrease the amount of gold required per refill. I think that re-balancing the energy would be the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Amatt003; 02-12-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Niet je adem inhouden!
    Hahah, ja zo te zien moeten we nog een week wachten... Al het WD geld moet natuulijk eerst worden verdeeld. Gelukkig hebben we intussen al een aantal 'soort van antwoorden' gekregen
    Proud officer of The Dutch Fighters
    A strong and fun top 150-faction

Join our faction: 291-664-130

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hi,

I addressed this in my original possibly with a possible solution to making high level and low level more even for WD. Here is what I said:

"Maybe WD points can still somewhat depend on the level of the player, but instead of depending on both the attacker and the defender, only have the level of the defender matter. So, a level 100, 200, and 300 attacking the same level 200 player should all get the same WD points. Maybe stat differences can play a role, too. I am not sure if they currently do, but a player who attacks someone with 1/2 the stats of himself could get less points than a player who attacks someone 3/4 his stats, given they attack the same level."

I feel this is a fairly simple, yet useful solution to this current problem.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by codys21 View Post
    Hi,

I addressed this in my original possibly with a possible solution to making high level and low level more even for WD. Here is what I said:

"Maybe WD points can still somewhat depend on the level of the player, but instead of depending on both the attacker and the defender, only have the level of the defender matter. So, a level 100, 200, and 300 attacking the same level 200 player should all get the same WD points. Maybe stat differences can play a role, too. I am not sure if they currently do, but a player who attacks someone with 1/2 the stats of himself could get less points than a player who attacks someone 3/4 his stats, given they attack the same level."

I feel this is a fairly simple, yet useful solution to this current problem.
    That would have equally as many problems as the current system in my opinion because then factions would build based on players lvls only for a strategy.
    VFF Legends