Suggestion to promote leveling

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to promote leveling

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Suggestion to promote leveling

The way I look at it, there are two primary reasons to avoid leveling right now: 1. Epic boss events and 2. WD events. Based on past forums posts, the majority of the community would agree that these events could use some improvement.

1. Epic Boss event - it has been suggested multiple times to include more tiers for the boss health. This would definitely be an improvement over the current setup. However you would still have people trying to stay under certain thresholds. Maybe not to the same extent as now. In order to completely stop worrying about your level, why not include level of the player in the algorithm of the boss health? Is something like this possible to do? So both health scales each level up.

2. WD events - this is probably the biggest reason not to level. Obviously a new formula would be the best option, since the current one is based on the levels of your target. I suggest keeping the core idea in it, your level and the level of your target. However instead of making it related on the difference, or the gap of the two, change it to be additive - I mean take your level and the target's level and that's your WD score for that battle. It would provide more clarity. It would change it some, level 300 successfully attacking another level 300 would award the more points.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I do think it is stupid that the game punishes you for leveling. xp feels like a punsihment - it should always be the other way round.
    The reason I dont level up is the whale/shark zone, does anyone know what level this starts at now?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    1. I totally agree with you. And GREE programmers could easily make an algorithm. Your level x 1.000 x boss level or something like that.
    2. I agree with this suggestion too.

Lurker
    Post Count

Thumbs up I agree

Level up kill the olds players, no body want to play w us now, we make this game, now we are garbage for the new players

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LagBolt View Post
    I do think it is stupid that the game punishes you for leveling. xp feels like a punsihment - it should always be the other way round.
    The reason I dont level up is the whale/shark zone, does anyone know what level this starts at now?
    shark zone start at lvl 150 if i recall correctly, if wrong then it is lvl 151

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Shark zone starts by posting in the forum topics like this one!

Post Count
    i started WD in the whale zone bc i was lvl 200+ when WD come out..so it feels like home to me..had to just toughen up and get over it but the whale zone has some great IPH so raiding is great
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What do you raid for?
    What do you care about level 200, 300, 100 or whatsoever?
    Faction bonuses have been made useless by individual bonuses attached to units given away with the faction events so why waste time buying them?
    Ingame money are not even useful to buy units to rise your stats as the units available are not any good compared to the the one offered in the single and faction events
    Keeping money buildings and upgrading them has been made a total waste of time!
    The only concern is faction events now and in my advice the best way to overcome this problems is to have leagues based on player activity and statistics
    There is different type of players in this game, aggressive, less aggressive, campers, etc... Why not let them play in the league that best suit their playing style instead forcing them to quit?

Post Count

Random Super Mini

LvL 51
    Attack-2,765,077
    Defense-3,100,908
    IPH-****ty

ID-857-399-639

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    best way to promote leveling is by fixing the prize units that are won by rank and can be purchased with valor.....adjust for the inflation.....10k valor should buy a 1k unit......also make the force degradation and invasion operation awards substantial.......example whe you reach force degradation 500 (you would be over level 200 probably) make the unit come with a bonus like 2 building upgrades at once.....there would be some campers and squatters chase that prize

Post Count
    Hmm again I think some folks are missing an important point, moving to quickly is a bad strategic move since you wind up running head first into stronger players with better long term strategies.

And I'm not suggesting camping because that can be an equally bad idea if done wrong.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 02-03-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: New version 2.0
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Hmm again I think some folks are missing an important point, moving to quickly is a bad strategic move since you wind up running head first into stronger players with better long term strategies.

And I'm not suggesting camping because that can be an equally bad idea if done wrong.

Agent your right.....however the point is what changes in the rewards structure would stop punishing players for achievement.....a level 300 first major should have a ton of att/def for putting in that commitment and time.......not be punished and marginalized.....I think that was the original point...could be wrong

Banned
    Post Count
    simple way to do it.

lvl 200 or lvl 250 can buy a building that allows to upgrade 2 buildings at the same time. U can upgrade it 1 level for every 50 levels U gain. So lets say all lvl 200 can buy lvl 1, then at lvl 250 U can upgrade it to lvl 2 (upgrade 3 buildings at the same time) and lvl 300 to lvl 3 and in the future lvl 350 to lvl 4 etc. Now THAT would be a good building and I would like to have that.

Then those who dont get that fast have to have some good strategy. Selective camping is the way to do it now (doing it with my minis )

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    These are all great suggestions , lets hope gree listens for once and implements a few of them , especially the raid boss and wd events

Post Count
    levelling is fun gree scre ws me over for 3 skill points so i get nothing and oh guess what??? The guy i was just hitting in WD u know the one giving me 400+ is now giving me 200-300 after 1 level up... there is something wrong with gree their punishing their long term players i mean i don't avoid levelling up but i dont want to obviously
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/