GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild Match Algorithm Changes

GREE Engineering
    Post Count

Guild Match Algorithm Changes

Hey everyone,

There's been a lot of discussion on guild matching this war. We often make small changes between wars, with the goal of improving match quality for everyone - and typically don't go into details so we don't have people trying to beat the system. However, after analysis of the first part of this war, it's looking like some of the latest changes to the guild matcher were too extreme so we've just pushed some code that will lessen the effects of the latest changes.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Improving match quality for everyone...whatever.

Post Count
    Still have a hard cap at 3 repeat matchups?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    Hey everyone,

There's been a lot of discussion on guild matching this war. We often make small changes between wars, with the goal of improving match quality for everyone - and typically don't go into details so we don't have people trying to beat the system. However, after analysis of the first part of this war, it's looking like some of the latest changes to the guild matcher were too extreme so we've just pushed some code that will lessen the effects of the latest changes.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    Yes, that's still at 3.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I'll be the first to say... Thank You Gree! LOL

Post Count
    Yes, that's still at 3.
    Overall guild strength more of a deciding factor, like it used to be? So solos don't run into guilds with 15 people just as strong?

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes, that's still at 3.
    What about the manually settingup the matches?specially when we are close to finish the streak, Yeah tell me that you aren't tampering with the matchups, if not then would you please tell me why the heck everytime when we are on streak we need around 5-8 minutes to get matched, it's not only about time .. We get matched with freaking tough teams how the hell top 50 team met RK after taking 6 minutes to get matched? How the fu*k did we got matched with top 10 guild ( DDD was top 10-25 not sure ) when we were top 300?
    Waiting for your answer, Sir.

Post Count
    Thanks for the update here, Jerle, and for doing something about the extreme matches. Probably too late for most streak guilds to recover from, if the changes are enough to do so anyway, but it's great you guys recognized it and moved to action. It really is appreciated.

All your manor are belong to us.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Beating the system is winning the game, u hide info so we can't win?

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey everyone,

Brother.....messing with a great thing.
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rsd007 View Post
    Beating the system is winning the game, u hide info so we can't win?
    What? There is no winning this game. It's never ending. You can be on top but it's not winning the game

Lurker
    Post Count

Not sure fix worked

I just got beat twice by an opponent that was one million points below my attack score. Something is not right!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwill54 View Post
    I just got beat twice by an opponent that was one million points below my attack score. Something is not right!
    It happens.. Had that a few times this war already

Post Count
    I had that happen a few times last war, and once so far this one. The "random factor" needs some tweaking IMO.

All your manor are belong to us.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes, thanks. Hope it's not too late to ruin the weekend, though unfortunately I suspect it is. Maybe in future if you do something fundamental like that to war weekends you could test it? Or even inform your paying customers first?
    Last edited by Munseyspin; 02-01-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Poor punctuation