Guild Match Algorithm Changes - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild Match Algorithm Changes

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Shut bolted after door has stable horse.

Re-arrange the above to get a prize in the next raid boss.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great change for us so far. Up until the update, we were matched against close opponents, winning just under half the battles. Now we are getting the snot beaten out of us like the past series of wars. Currently up against TRK, and just waiting for the timer to run out. Oh yeah, we are historically a top 150 guild.
    Also experiencing some individual fight problems. Numerous losses to players much weaker than the attacker, and I have one where I lost to someone where I was 6 times stronger. That is not a random thing that is an error.
    If this keeps up, you can expect to find my kingdom being empty. It may be time to join many many others elsewhere.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Are some of these losses against people looking to have 'only 1.x' Mil stats? Probably lots of confusion still abound with 10Mil+ players appearing as 1Mil...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Whats the cut off limit for stats?

when i had 100k stats, 20-30k difference was huge! and won every match ups..

as i got to 3-4mil stats, 20-30k wasnt much and i was losing a lot more until there was that 400-500k gap, again that was a pretty big gap to win..

now im at 15mil and i lose on occasion with a 1-2mil advantage
    Hi guys

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Are some of these losses against people looking to have 'only 1.x' Mil stats? Probably lots of confusion still abound with 10Mil+ players appearing as 1Mil...
    Nope. 6 wins and 1 loss, also a known opponent from battle lists.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well just ran into two FUN splinters in the last four fights, that was FUN

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Munseyspin View Post
    Shut bolted after door has stable horse.

Re-arrange the above to get a prize in the next raid boss.
    Stable door shut after horse has bolted.

So should I send you my in-game ID? Gee, exactly what prize do I win??

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

GREE --Whatever you just changed please change it back

This war was one of the smoothest ever. Matching up 8-10 mins instead of 15-20 mins.

For your biggest and best customers this war was actually running great.

Now, You are going to change the games algorithm in the middle of a war?????!
    You said you would stop changing things in the middle of events.

Whatever you did to 'fix' it put it back. It started one way it should be kept that way. So a few people complained. If you haven't noticed some people complain about everything. Plenty of people were loving the faster match times. Sorry a few splinter streaks guilds weren't given ample notice on how you program the game but too bad for them.

We now know that faster matchup times for top ten guilds is not only possible but the code is already written. So please put it back.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    What? There is no winning this game. It's never ending. You can be on top but it's not winning the game
    Yes, you can win. Its called quitting.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    First time I have heard a quitter called a winner

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Matching a lot faster now. Good job gree

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yep, credit where it's due. Faster match ups and less repeats. Thankyou.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    everyone needs to remember that bonuses aren't shown of competitors. some of my guild members have over 1 million in bonuses. Yes this means be careful but you guys wanted these bonuses....
    -Kenjo Megi

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    There are like a zillion threads on this right now, so putting in a final word on matching stuff:

Taking average strength and size into account during matching is still in the cards for the future. It generally makes matches more dynamic and better, and the positive feedback on that aspect was pretty clear. However, tons of repeat matchups, particularly in a row, as well as some other things we noticed about matching weren't going in a good direction., so we dialed that back for now. We'll be refining the matcher from this wars feedback and hope to resume win these improvements next go around once some kinks are worked out.

Closing this thread since there a few other discussion threads open on the same topics, better to concentrate comments there.
    Last edited by Jerle; 02-02-2014 at 12:19 PM.