I'm Tired of Slapping Around Women - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm Tired of Slapping Around Women

Banned
    Post Count
    well he has some good points, who knows what it will do with our subconscious, but I've asked a question here on the forum before and it never got answered

Why does Gree hate women and black guys?

Just look at the startup avatar. All the other guys have helmets, only black guy and a woman are without it. That has disturbed me from the day they changed the avatar

Lurker
    Post Count

My avatar is female

My avatar is female so when I attack it is a female on female fight. I find this to be sexist against women and this cat fighting situation should be stopped. My cat made a meow noise while my avatar attacked a woman character. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or if it was caused by Gree but my cat should never have been put in that situation. Now I feel like my cat is sexist as well and I can't play Modern War around her now. Gree it's time to take some responsibility.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    My only real thought on this subject is that Gree must have seriously misunderstood the meaning of 'blackmail'.

The animations in this game are crude at best. You will often find animations mismatched with the action they are intended to represent.

Whilst I do not share the opinion of the original poster, I applaud the attention he pays to the game and the fact that he thinks about what he sees. Too much of what happens in the world goes unseen and unconsidered, and the world is the worse for it.

However, as I'm sure many other people have pointed out, in this game you also:

a) Team up with other players in what are essentially gangs.
    b) Steal money.
    c) Blow up buildings.
    d) Beat up weaker players until you can't hit them any more, in order to get stronger.

Against this background, does it really matter whether the tiny pixelated NPC theoretically has its non-existent genitals on the inside or on the outside?

Not to mention, we are assuming the NPCs are evil-doers, and by engaging them and neutralising the threat they pose, we are working towards a safer, more peaceful world for tiny pixelated theoretical woman (and men, children, puppies, kittens, etc) everywhere. I would assume that someone who has your clearly quite solid grasp of the game's wider consequences would consider that the bigger picture justified a little pimp-style blackmail for the greater good.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Upon the issue of soldiers attacking civilians:

In the course of the game (as in RL), the enemy is sometimes a militia or terrorist group rather than a conventional standing national army, and as such their operatives might reasonably appear to be civilians. However, the fact that we are able to recover massively powerful weapons by defeating these groups, vindicates our intervention in their activities. You can only move forward by engaging the correct targets, and so if engaging a target appears civilian causes you to progress up the mission chain, they were clearly not innocent. Likewise, if you accidentally hit a target which is military in appearance and you do not move forward as a result, then they are unconnected with the objective. In the game it is the activity and the intention of the NPCs that defines whether they are a target, not their appearance, and so you cannot be wrong to engage the correct target. I suppose that is the saving grace of war games over actual war.