Kudos Gree for making war fun again - Page 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kudos Gree for making war fun again

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordIndy View Post
    I understand you are trying to get the most from your gaming experience. Kudos to you. My issue is that splinters feel they have this God-given right to prey on lesser opponents. While elite splinters are elite and deserve to have a fair chance to streak, they should also have to face the top guilds that have comparable stats.

However when an average stat single person guild can get to 50 wins with no gems, there is something incredibly wrong with that. The splinters should face each other. They should face guilds with similar stat players and not just lesser guilds. I know there is collusion among many of the elite splinters in Groupme to make sure they don't face one another. Again a good tactic. With the current format of war though the only reasonable way to match is through size and relative strength.
    the part in bold is the part i have a problem with in your otherwise fair argumentation. EVERY SINGLE GUILD feels cheated when they match a guild that beats them, unless its a close call. Splinters are guilds designed to win, so of course they feel they should at least have a fair chance at 56. 50 wins is for the true hardcore splinters a lucky hit, not hitting that 56 win reward feels like a failure and the 50 win prize they usually do get is their consolation. As they rarely rank high despite having stats which look right for a top 10 if not top 3 guild.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    What marko said. Splinters DO face other splinters. Frequently! We don't ***** about it - we expect it! - it can actually be one of the most fun (in a nail-biting kind of way) aspect of war these days IMO - trying to choose and adjust tactics during battle with splinters (whether in a splinter or in a big guild - I was in both this war). I have no idea why on Earth anyone would think splinters never (or rarely) face each other. That's ridiculous.

Maybe if some of these low-ranked non-splinters just accepted that splinters are part of KA life now and we ALL, splinter or not, face them, and are challenged by them, they will realize that they are in fact the ones crying about being denied their "God-given right" - to never have to face a splinter even though every one else, including other splinters, including Top guilds, has to. But THEY shouldn't have to. THEY should only ever have to face guilds EXACTLY like them in size and average strength. And splinters should ONLY face other splinters. Give me a break.

MoC faced splinters we could not beat this war unless we wanted to break a number of our players' banks, which we did not. We didn't come close to 50 wins, due in part to all the Top 10 guilds we faced but also due to some very tough splinters we faced, and have nothing but respect for. But since we chose to stay together this war rather than split, we expected that. That is what we signed up for this war. We didn't cry that we shouldn't have had to face them. Of course we had to - EVERYONE DOES. We simply put up the CP we could in the battles we could to achieve our Top 25 goal. And are happy to have achieved it, not feeling robbed because we feel we have some absurd right to not have to face splinters.

All your manor are belong to us.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Splinters have ruined the wars for nearly every guild not in the top 100, except of course for those splinter guilds. You can rationalize all you want, but your adaptation is for personal gain, it is selfish and self centered. You parlay your gains as a single unit into an unbeatable force that those that compete against you can not in fact compete. You clearly understand the frustration and yet reject others right go feel give same, based on your assessment that we don't spend enough to have the right to object.

I hate to admit that I spend on every war, many many people in our guild do. You have exaggerated your advantage by going from a singer entity we can't defeat to multiple ones, ones we are turn more likely to face.

You got yours and you like it, I get it. I just can't stomach greedy Gree taking advantage of selfish splinters, which had ruined the wars for many. Our guild has stepped up in performance on LTQs and spending on wars and we dropped in the ranking, in no small part due to lost enthusiasm to war, because of the 2 out of 3 draws we got were against unattackable opponents.

Congrats on your success, I quit.

And for you Gree, shut up already, tell people half truths is the same as telling half lies, and since you use the secrecy to extract the greatest sum from your customers your thieves, plain and simple.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Shiloh, Everything in the game is done for personal game. What you do is completely up to you. Who people join up with is completely up to them. You joined up with others in a guild for your own personal gain.

You want to avoid splinters here are your four options:
    1) Have a guild in the bottom 1250 rung. 2) Fight solo. 3) Don't fight in wars 4) quit

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I should moan about my level 10 manor getting raided by someone with close to 10m attack less then my defence like a little girl!!! I feel robbed :-)
    Now getting beat by someone because there stronger ie spend more to win is how these games work!!!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by marko101 View Post
    I should moan about my level 10 manor getting raided by someone with close to 10m attack less then my defence like a little girl!!! I feel robbed :-)
    Now getting beat by someone because there stronger ie spend more to win is how these games work!!!
    They raided you with that much a stat difference? To me that was dumb, now they are listed on your news feed and can't defend against you much, so you can raid them all you whant for revenge.
    Personally I avoid raiding against people with much higher stats as I open myself up to attacks. But then again I look before I strike, safer that way
    Daily player

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Looking before you raid seems to have gone out the window these days

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Lol this thread is still going? As far as raiding I raid everyone I can touch. I don't really care about retribution because I raid waaaaaaay more than I collect even though I usually collect my highest paying buildings at the same time within a second or two of coming available so it's rarely an issue. I also raid my news feed first.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lol I already got one of his weak level 6 manors last night plus level 10 playhouse's

Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    They raided you with that much a stat difference? To me that was dumb, now they are listed on your news feed and can't defend against you much, so you can raid them all you whant for revenge.
    Personally I avoid raiding against people with much higher stats as I open myself up to attacks. But then again I look before I strike, safer that way

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Krayt, so if I understand your response, you are saying that everyone manipulates the system for personal gain. If I'm incorrect, I apologize. But an inference such as that is to broad and simply not true. Splinters, in my opinion, are designed to avoid a level playing field. They are designed to use that advantage to prey on weaker guilds...again, in my humble opinion. This seems to clearly define "personal gain." Does guild finish even matter any more, or have the battle events morphed into wins and win streaks? The rewards would seem to indicate the latter. The rules permit splinters, but that does not mean everyone has to like it. Accept it, yes...it's within the rules. Oh well, stuff happens.

BTW--there is another option. It's called disengage. We simply put down our tablets and smartphones and take a pass until the next war. We refuse to expend gems or energy on splinters. While personal gain is certainly part of the game, it is not the whole big picture. Camaraderie and friendships also are a part of guild play. Our guild knows our limitations and we know we are not going to win 50+ wars or run off a huge win streak. We play for a guild finish that reflects our best effort as a team. Sound corny? Maybe, but that's our view.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Not saying everyone manipulates the situation, but I am saying everyone is out for personal gain. It's why people join guilds, to make your character stronger.

As for a level playing field, there isn't one. There are so many tiers in this game now that there will never be a level playing field again. When the 4th and 5th ranked guilds can't fight with the top three then what do you expect. Play in a top 50 guild where you can't compete with the top ten. The stats have gone up so much so fast that now everyone has to decide what they have to do to enjoy the game. Do you want to be in a guild that fights to get as high a rank as possible? Or now that goes for wins and streaks? Or do you just want to be in a guild that made up of people you enjoy playing with? Everyone has to decide for themselves what they want and stop complaining when someone else wants something else....