Kudos Gree for making war fun again

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kudos Gree for making war fun again

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count

Kudos Gree for making war fun again

While this was my original post, I retract it after Gree changed the matching system mid war.

Fair matchups....walls matter again...castle and wall hits halved to make you hit someone...this has been a most exciting war. I could care less about waiting for five minutes of matching to not have to watch an hour of a 7000-1000 battle. War is war again. Totally awesome job Gree!
    Last edited by LordIndy; 02-03-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: The obvious
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Post Count
    What makes war fun for some makes it not fun for others. And vice-versa.

For many people, splintering and the ability for anyone other than the Top 1-3 teams to therefore win streaks was fun. Now 1-3 teams ONLY will win streaks. I fail to see how that is more "fun." But I'm not a free player. What is fun for free players is not the same as what is fun for those of us who a) pay money and b) relished the ability to use SOME strategy in the game. With this war, strategy in KA is completely dead. And only the very top teams can streak. What fun! [/sarcasm]

All your manor are belong to us.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post

For many people, splintering and the ability for anyone other than the Top 1-3 teams to therefore win streaks was fun. Now 1-3 teams ONLY will win streaks. I fail to see how that is more "fun." But I'm not a free player. What is fun for free players is not the same as what is fun for those of us who a) pay money and b) relished the ability to use SOME strategy in the game. With this war, strategy in KA is completely dead. And only the very top teams can streak. What fun! [/sarcasm]
    ^^^^exactly. However, even the top three won't all get streaks especially when they want to fight each other to ensure that the other doesn't get the streak bonus. What we have here is crab in a bucket syndrome. Now that we know the parameters of war, we will need to adjust and that will start by stockpiling gold and stones off of the backs of "regular guilds" now that walls matter. Next war will be a fun one

Post Count
    I don't see the problem with only the top 1-3 teams winning the top prize. After all, they are the top 1-3 teams. If you want to be in that class, join them. Otherwise, for the 99% that play the game for the fun of it and spend a little here and there, this war is a huge improvement. Sorry a few elite splinter guilds got hosed, but the overwhelming majority of players are enjoying the war once again.

Post Count
    I guess you and I hang in very different circles then, Indy. I know a TON of players who really hate the new matching system. In both splinter guilds AND "traditional" guilds.

I guess losing the last iota of strategy is "fun" to some. But to those who enjoyed the opportunity to think a little in the game, not fun at all.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Is there not a strategy where you can get the streak under the parameters of this war? Sounds like sour g****s. Walls cost stones and gold. Absolutely no gems required for walls.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bb233 View Post
    Is there not a strategy where you can get the streak under the parameters of this war? Sounds like sour g****s. Walls cost stones and gold. Absolutely no gems required for walls.
    Under the parameters of this war, the streak WOULD have been possible for more than a couple guilds IF they had done us the simple courtesy of telling us beforehand that they were changing all the rules and what the new rules were. [NOTE: I did very specifically ask Sirius that he do that when he implied in a thread a couple weeks ago that something unefined might change. Gree declined to respond.] However, when you only find out the rules of the game after guilds are locked, that makes creating the proper guild constitution for a streak under the new rules impossible.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Zenobia has hit the nail on the head.
    Splintered last war and it was incredibly fun. Back with my guild this war and the new changes and match ups, not as much fun. It's now who will outspend their opponent, no strategy involved. Is that fun?

I think those that might have fun are 500 and back since they face other non money spenders

Lurker
    Post Count
    Here's the thing. This is not the first time nor will it be the last time that things changed without forewarning. As it turns out there are now non-powerhouse, non-splinter guilds that happen to have a good mix of LLP and HLP and a sprinkling of gem spenders that have a shot at the streaks.

Lurker
    Post Count
    To say that splinter guilds don't spend is BS. They just don't spend as much as others.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bb233 View Post
    To say that splinter guilds don't spend is BS. They just don't spend as much as others.
    Lol, Splinters spend more. They need to make up for less numbers.
    I splintered last war and it was the most I ever spent.

Bb, I think you don't have an idea how the top 100 play.

Post Count
    Apparently Zenobia has lost the art of war. Battles in real life have variables that are often unforeseen. So adaptability is a key. Our guild had to adapt to the new rules just like the others did. If you go all in on a specific strategy then you have to expect to bust out once in a while. There is more to war than the streak. It is supposed to be chaos and unpredictable.

You complain that only the team that spends the most gems will win, but that has always been the case, whether it be in war or in boss events, or LTQ. It is the only way some have monster stats and others don't.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Glad to know Gree is finding more ways to increase their revenue by decreasing wall damage. 5.6million attack now does only 2500 points worth of damage. That is truly amazing to have a 33% decrease. (Sarcasm) Gree unfortunately this has hampered the guild experience. Many guilds have decided not to spend gems to take out a wall. Sure we only receive half the points attacking an opponent but it is better than spending gems on a wall that does not increase your units or help increase stats. Let it be back to normal as it is up to the guild to purchase walls, if they do then they have protection if they don't then it is their choice. Continue what you are doing and you will find many more not enjoying the game because you only focus on your highest contributors.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Lol, Splinters spend more. They need to make up for less numbers.
    I splintered last war and it was the most I ever spent.

Bb, I think you don't have an idea how the top 100 play.
    I know exactly how the top 100 play. Been in top 10/25 every war since the beginning. The splinter guilds generally don't spend as much as the top 10.

Post Count
    Everything they do you complain about it. Why do you even play this game anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post