Why MW and not CC? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why MW and not CC?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty McPurr View Post
    It cost alot of money for Gree to make all of those folders. They slaved overnight making sure each one was just right. Imagine how much it would cost for them to start machining out more red uzis. The cost for the metal alone would be astronimical.

Oh wait, they are just digital. forgot.
    best comment EVER!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    My theory is that GREEd knows this cow is about to die, with the mass exodus into retirement and a huge drop in income, so they are going to milk this cow to get every last drop out knowing they are actually driving everybody away as each person sees the light and quits. They'll shut it down, delete these forums, rewrite all the bad code from funzio and their own inability to write good code, give it a facelift, and relaunch it under a new name to a new generation of players who have no clue of the history.

Kinda like the matrix.
    For 2 and a half years I've been reading the same posts. "Mass exodus..." Has yet to happen. Eschatology of Gree. What's your prediction for the rapture when all good mobsters should sell their bases and wait for salvation?

Post Count
    well thanks for at least responding cj. I still think this drop rate needs rectifying similar to mw though.

You know what this is actually a good thing. I just decided that I officially know what to expect from gree. I will not finish any events, no matter how diligent I am, or my syndicate is. It is a pay to win game. I can accept that, and I will never complain again. I won't ever spend another penny on the game either. Hopefully if i can look at it as a free game where you just get as far as you can, and never hope to finish anything I won't get so frustrated.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Drop rate in MW has been different due to different overall metrics.

They're different games. They might similar and in some ways play similar (the basic "base building/raiding/attacking" core mechanic) , but the costs for a lot of things are different and what players end up doing as groups of individuals across the board ends up being different, in a lot of cases.

Just admit it CJ, either the dev team for CC hates us or the dev team for MW are simply better (hint - you can learn a thing or two from them).

Either way, anyone playing MW may have at one point regretted investing in CC since when you directly compare the two, MW is superior - why?
    Their dev team treats their players better - they are more generous. Eg. gives more time for LTQs (players with around 2000 energy can complete a MW LTQ where a player in CC with 3000+ energy can't even finish normal mode with gold recharge) and there are more gold sales offered where CC only has one. (there's a gold sale on MW right now)

Hell, even CJ posts more in MW then here (and gives more descriptive answers in MW then he ever does here).

You know that saying, "The grass is greener on the other side"?
    Well it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by N41LZ View Post
    You know that saying, "The grass is greener on the other side"?
    Well it's true.
    Depending on what is going on, everyone over there talks about how much better it is over here.

Banned
    Post Count
    Hi cj
    From the first raid boss we got Uzis from doing doing jobs,pvp ect what is the reason why after the first raid boss the drop rate gets smaller and smaller unless you pay gold to do ltq with the ridiculous energy levels then you get a few more for spending also over in MW it's 50 folders to kil a 100 boss compared to a 100 in CC.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I always feel like GREE games are a giant social experiment...maybe somebody's PhD thesis on the limits of customer abuse. Each game has its own issues. Generally GREE is very responsive in Kingdom Age and a few others (those are the control groups), whereas Crime Crime city seems to be the experimental group where customers are treated like **** constantly. The constant barrage of horrible decisions are all planned.... data is collected and then new ways to piss off the customer based are devised.
    Last edited by Armalg-the-Good; 01-31-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Consistent Contributor Luv4UR Mom's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    ......What players end up doing as groups of individuals across the board ends up being different, in a lot of cases.
    So what I'm hearing then, is that people in CC will either spend gold on Uzis, buy them on eBay, or trade for them on the forum, so there is no need to give any freebies?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cOsMiC-tRiGgEr View Post
    For 2 and a half years I've been reading the same posts. "Mass exodus..." Has yet to happen. Eschatology of Gree. What's your prediction for the rapture when all good mobsters should sell their bases and wait for salvation?
    Are you a GREE employee, or do you receive compensation from GREE or any of its subsidiaries, clients or agencies in any form?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowin Smoke View Post
    They are trying to kill off crime city slowly to focus on other exciting games by GREE.
    the App Store says "Funzio Inc."

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Are you a GREE employee, or do you receive compensation from GREE or any of its subsidiaries, clients or agencies in any form?
    I've been here as long as him if not longer and have heard the same crying since day one with the same claims of this game being a sinking ship and is about to fail. It's all childish BS.
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Post Count
    Give us 40 of em
    Yeah, my English is bad... just get used to it...
    103 478 859
    298 043 152

I might look like a noob, but if u dislike it buy gold for me.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    I've been here as long as him if not longer and have heard the same crying since day one with the same claims of this game being a sinking ship and is about to fail. It's all childish BS.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but there is a law behind the question.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    That is exactly what people said about the passenger pigeon before it went extinct...... So, if there isn't anything wrong how come nearly all of the player based fan support for Crime City has dried up? If we get info now, it is delivered by GREE employees. I guess there isn't anything wrong..... nothing to see here people.... move along

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The general intent that we are looking for is for folders to be special as drops but not prohibitively rare. The goal is to have most factions have enough of the things to make good progress and/or complete the goal chain with the folders collected, assuming everyone in the faction is generally active and out doing map jobs the rest of the time. We don't want to have people swimming in thousands and thousands of the things (without intentionally doing that as a goal, anyway), making them basically another concrete drop.

The goal is NOT to encourage people to have to buy them in the store. Those are in the store to help accommodate less-active players who still want to come in for the big events (so convenience, basically), and also for factions who want to go all-out on extensively farming a given raid boss at the start of the event (it happens). That is the goal with those, convenience and going beyond the necessary.
    and what would be the stance on CC.... cos the uzi drop rate on here definately falls into the same realm as the MW folder issue..
    Last edited by dribblin todger; 02-01-2014 at 06:11 AM. Reason: typo