Lightbulb Beginners Luck On Chance Chests

Does it exist? For instance, when I first started playing, I got a lot more epics from chests than I do now. I'm wondering if perhaps the chance of getting an epic from chests has anything to do with a) your level b) how many armors you have in your inventory c) how many chance chests you have purchased or d) how long you have been playing the game for. C seems almost certain because from a business perspective, Gree would benefit greatly if they rewarded new spenders so they continue to spend more in game hoping for similar results.

It's completely random.

Entirely Random. Shortly after I started I did a TON of the free gem offers, including one of the credit report ones for like 220 gems. Saved up 300+ gems, and opened 11 chests at once, all of them 2 stars. I used to pump every gem I got into chance chests early on, and the best armor I ever got was a Storm Sorc +. Never spent a dime, but still, early on you get quite a few gems(If only I had saved them all, good lord I'd have my entire castle maxed now). If "Beginners Luck" was a thing, I'd at least have a moontide right now.
    Member of "The Iron Throne" Maxed out Swampstone Platemail+ Fenris+ Headless Horsemen+ Ravenlord+ Storm Sorc+

I only got epics at the beginning of my spending rampage Havent got a new epic since maelstrom got introduced.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

So far it's been evenly random for me. I got Northerners in the first ever 11 chests I opened. The next time I didn't get anything, only the redkal+ which came with opening 40 chests. At Christmas I opened a lot of the winter chests and ended up getting four epics (Druidic, Maelstrom+, Moontide and Tectonic) and I opened 80 of the current chests and got a Komodo. I also have a Beastmaster which I got as a reward for spending loads of gems at Christmas.

So I think it's random with the normal chance being 0.5% of getting an epic. So if the chest is for instance 3x chance then thats 1.5%, which is 1 in every 67 chests on average.