Do you like the rival list change? - Page 20

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you like the rival list change?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

118 17.77%
  • No

511 76.96%
  • I'm indifferent

35 5.27%
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like the rival list change?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
    Different opinion must be a troll. How imaginative of you.
    You're impossibly dense, with a subpar grasp on the mechanics of the game arguing like a debater; you don't need a point, you just need a seemingly cleaver rebuttal.

The fact is, this game used to be about leveling up slow to get better at the game. Epic bosses are set up that way, Syndicate wars award more IP if you defeat someone of a higher level than you, and to a lesser extent, making sure you don't get robbed. If you stay tougher than 95% of your rivals (not hard to do; I'm in a top 150 Syndicate, no gold, and I run my own business so CC can't take a buttload of time) you can save more money and get higher on the LTB levels, further increasing your stats. Furthermore, Syndicate bonuses can be bought with in-game cash. Use that to bribe lower syndicates into becoming a baby Syndicate, like the SAS family.

TL;DR: In-Game cash is an important part of the game, giving us a nice advantage when LTBs come around.
    Last edited by Dahat002; 02-10-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Paragraphs to compensate for wall of text

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I must be dense. Read your comment twice and I can't figure out any point that bears relevance to anything I have attempted to discuss.

My point is and a always has been that there are many avenues to find enjoyment within this game. Critical arguments about the shortcomings of the game are fine but insulting individuals who choose to play the game differently are I not needed.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
    What is your definition of mediocre?

I don't rob unless the hit will be at least 500k. Used to be much more discerning but the new rival list makes it difficult to find viable targets. Plus 75% are $1 dollar robs now.
    mediocre income to me is 20 mil. Mediocre to everyone is probably 5 mil. So hard to judge when one is so heavy on a certain attribute.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I already posted when this thread started and was "indifferent", after a few days I changed my mind you could say :/ its total sux big time!!! On the one good hand, I'll have enough $2 to take this new ltb to lvl 10 used to put in the work and earn 100M on a good day, finding/timing peeps whole hoods (haven't SEEN a whole hood since) and around lvl 100 mark theres wasnt that many rich folk. Now press button and everyone has cash/looted, just use my news feed now and get more that way. And I'm glad there's an ltq to trigger the boss tonight, mayhem last few days!........and has anyone else got lower robbers stats that attack/profile stats? Because on profile/attack flash I have same numbers, robbery flash I got half a million less :/ plus the items used have gone up to 2530...like to know
    Last edited by rysherb78; 02-10-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I don't even understand why the OP put an option in the poll that reads "I'm Indifferent". If somebody is indifferent why even voice their opinion? Wait until you form an opinion or abstain from voting. Sorry OP not trying to rail on you for creating the poll, but more the 31 people that bothered to show up and basically say "whatever man..."

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    Short answer: Probably not happening.
    Long answer: Remember when Facebook/YouTube made big changes to the way their site worked and everyone hated it and then a few months later everyone realized it was a lot better? We're hoping it'll be something like that. We understand that in the short term, the changes are pretty jarring and severely changed the way several players had been playing the game (camping) but we feel that in the long term, PVP will be better off with this new rivals list system and so we're not changing it, though we are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to adjust the algorithms in place.
    Looks like we'll have to keep this thread on the front page for months before 75% of the players on this forum are listened to.

"We know you don't like the current system, but we don't give a flying fart what you think. Play the game or leave. "

You're trying our patience.

Consistent Contributor colec023's Avatar
    Post Count
    I personally do not like the new rivals list. Having only 20-30 rivals is not good.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    So some of my buildings came up for collection. I logged in 4 minutes after they were ready. The total I would normally get from this building time cycle is 15mil (a little more). I finished collecting and found my cash on hand at 6mil. It hadn't even shown any of the buildings as robbed yet. I banked it then checked my News feed, to find somebody had robbed me for 9mil. Now the point of this post isn't that I was late to collect my buildings (4minutes), and it isn't that people now have modifiers that allow them to take more than 50% of your buildings income. My complaint is that this heppens to every single major collection I have all day long. I started setting timers, and heaven forbid I am 3 minutes late. I get robbed 200+ times a day. I spent a long time building my income and Gree has decided that with my stats I don't deserve to keep it.

Short of it...sadly through so many Gree mistakes, this will probably be the one I leave the game over. I have rolled with a lot of problems in a cell phone game. This Sucks, I hope they fix it.

Post Count
    This is beyond ridiculous, I am being attacked while collecting my buildings, 3 times yesterday!!! 3 raids from different players in less than 2 minutes!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! HOPE GREE GOES BANKRUPT AND GREEDY EMPLOYEES GET FIRED ASAP!!!

Post Count
    I am level 54 and being matched up with level 12 to 16! What a joke! I can rade for a few hundred at a time thats it!
    So frustrating! Sent a ticket but not holding my breath...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Not at all!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ivez View Post
    I am level 54 and being matched up with level 12 to 16! What a joke! I can rade for a few hundred at a time thats it!
    So frustrating! Sent a ticket but not holding my breath...
    I feel your pain, By that I mean that I have a level 8 camper account that is constantly attacked by players 40 levels above me with 100x the stats.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sucks, change it back.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfreem View Post
    I feel your pain, By that I mean that I have a level 8 camper account that is constantly attacked by players 40 levels above me with 100x the stats.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sucks, change it back.
    Collect on time is the only way. I get robbed a lot, but it's very rare I lose my nightclubs, 12, 24 or 48hr buildings as I have them set to go off when I know I'm on. Only if something happens - usually oversleeping in the morning - to cause the clubs to slip away from my preferred time do I leave them to reset. Otherwise I'm sure to be on game with a few minutes to spare.

With my 20hr LTBs if they get robbed I leave them until my final collection at night. 4 hours before that is just after our evening meal; 4 before is as I'm packing up work for the day; 4 before is just before break for mid-day meal, and 4 before that is after breakfast, so I can usually ensure getting them 4-5 days straight
    Last edited by sister morphine; 02-11-2014 at 10:03 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Bottom line is this game has become unplayable for many of your customers. I can only speak for my level but what used to be fun has become a redundant bore.

Banned
    Post Count
    Word on the street is that some have the old rival list again. Heard it first hand from a few in a friendly Syndicate. Any chance someone woke up over there?