Do you like the rival list change? - Page 10

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you like the rival list change?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

118 17.77%
  • No

511 76.96%
  • I'm indifferent

35 5.27%
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like the rival list change?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    So far the only advantage I can see to the change is all those inactive accounts, where the best item was either the anniversary cake or the streen incinerator, have disappeared from view. The downside of that is I used to hit one of those to get the boss out. No possible comeback, lol
    Sis, once you trigger the boss the first time, just hit Carmen and reload your RL. Bam, you get a boss with 1xp.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nazgul View Post
    Sis, once you trigger the boss the first time, just hit Carmen and reload your RL. Bam, you get a boss with 1xp.
    Reloading the RL is helpful...I use to wait 5 seconds and hit again....wait 5 seconds and hit again...thanks for the tip.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Nick, that's only half the problem....my biggest issue is the removal of the incentive to get stronger. If I choose to spend $500 on the game and add ~2m stats, I gain nothing. I'm still matched up against similar opponents.

IMO, there were 2 main ways to measure "success" in the game. The original one was to be stronger/richer then your rivals and then they added syndicate wars. Most of all the other events are to assist you in getting stronger in pursuit of those 2 main goals of the game. Now, they have just taken away the original measure of success (and probably still the main measure for many).

Actually, this might be a good thing personally, because I probably won't be buying much gold anymore if any. Still, don't understand the logic of making everyone average versus their rivals list.
    This.

Ten characters

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tom73 View Post
    The truth is... this was the case before the change too. Not many people worth robbing at your level and iph. I rarely robbed anyone before because it was not worth it. Now there are a couple that are worth robbing. My iph is still higher than almost everyone on my rivals list but there are now targets.
    Have you asked yourself if the difference in target figures are enough to justify being on more of your rivals' news feeds for the long term? When you have more peers (rivals) with similar stats and IPH, it's little more than a break-even proposition during robberies, so what's the point if everyone's on the same playing field? The purpose of building stats was to ensure that you had an edge over your rivals, to provide yourself with some sort of insulation, i.e. where you could attack/rob others, without fear of reprisal (in most instances); that's all been taken away with this restructured Rivals List. Your stats are irrelevant! Now, you have an equal opportunity of being robbed/attacked as much as the next guy/gal. Maybe you were bored with seeing green, and wanted dashes of red to spruce up your news feed, I don't know; if this is what you were hoping for, expect to see more of it this coming weekend.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I agree with you, 100. Is there even a point to building up your attack and defence now. Before the change there was only a handful of people who could rob me in a 6 hour span 12 different people robbed me.

nooooooo

no no no

go back to the old way or come up with something new!

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    I like the fact that there was a change that makes the game more active in general when it comes to robbing and attacking but I think it should be based a lot more on IPH instead of stats. I've spent a lot of gold on this game to be powerful for my level and now I can't, and never will be able to protect my hood as a reward for the time and money spent.

The only thing stats are good for now is syn wars and boss events which will give you higher stats that are meaningless when it comes to protecting your IPH.

I do welcome a challenge to make the game more fun but not at the expense of nullifying everything I've worked hard for. I should be dominant for my level because I earned it.
    Last edited by panty sniffer; 01-29-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Seems like it's taking a LOT longer to bring up a rival's profile now. It's a 5 minute long process just to find someone you can attack with impunity; in this age of microwaves and Netflix, who has that kind of patience?

Lurker
    Post Count
    The new rivals list sucks. I hate this change. Hope GREE changes it back

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Sell all your money buildings and go rob high levels, if you are strong. More income than buildings, and they will be pissed off if there is nothing to rob from you.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I like the change i no longer see ppl in my list with 200k stats and it helps with those annoying ppl that was around your lvl that could refresh their list a few times to find you. This really helps to randomize the rivals and make it really hard for another player to keep targeting you unless your in their news feed

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tjwr View Post
    I like the change i no longer see ppl in my list with 200k stats and it helps with those annoying ppl that was around your lvl that could refresh their list a few times to find you. This really helps to randomize the rivals and make it really hard for another player to keep targeting you unless your in their news feed
    as a predator of the old list this is simply not true, sometimes it would take me 20 minutes to find that specific target that I knew had good pay out, that's refreshing my list like 50 times or more
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Deserves to be bumped! Raid boss or any other event should not over shadow fact that new rival list is bugging many!
    Good day all ...

Lurker
    Post Count
    I was finally getting to the point where I thought maybe I should spend a couple of money on this game just to be stronger but this list came out like 2 days later so then I said what's the point.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    So how is someone over 50 levels higher, double the stats and less than half the iph in the same tier?