Do you like the rival list change? - Page 22

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you like the rival list change?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

118 17.77%
  • No

511 76.96%
  • I'm indifferent

35 5.27%
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like the rival list change?

Post Count
    I am now on level 74 and my rival list has only levels 12 to 18! How is that fair??? This cant possibly be right!

Post Count
    Whats the point of building your stats if you are going to be paired up with others with equal (in my case it seems like they are all better) stats. If I play for free and have weak stats I will not be bothered by gold spenders on my level. If I spend gold then I will be pointlessly strong at my level bc I will be paired up with gold spenders at higher levels. So why spend money? You wont get an advantage over anyone.

I know someone will make the argument that low level, high stat players have an ip advantage over others during a war. If this is your argument then have fun spending money on gold so you can have an advantage over others for a whole 3 days per month! There are 3 days to earn the war prizes (by spending $) and about 27 days to get a lot of high stat items during all the other events for free!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KemoKidd View Post
    Whats the point of building your stats if you are going to be paired up with others with equal (in my case it seems like they are all better) stats. If I play for free and have weak stats I will not be bothered by gold spenders on my level. If I spend gold then I will be pointlessly strong at my level bc I will be paired up with gold spenders at higher levels. So why spend money? You wont get an advantage over anyone.

I know someone will make the argument that low level, high stat players have an ip advantage over others during a war. If this is your argument then have fun spending money on gold so you can have an advantage over others for a whole 3 days per month! There are 3 days to earn the war prizes (by spending $) and about 27 days to get a lot of high stat items during all the other events for free!
    unfortunately there is no point anymore, it's cool because it took me from a gold to a free player rather quickly, and when nothing else could do it I have finally started losing most of my interest in this game. there is no point, not at all. no better time to be a camper because it doesn't matter if you build your stats anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Lurker
    Post Count

simple, it's a new game..

I couldn't see the point in the new list.. we all need to focus on the strategic vision of the game.. $$ buys you a new rival list, that's our goal. Get with it people!

The way the game was.. build iph (a goal of buying anything you want, building stats and having a nice hood). Build stats (goals of protecting the hood you spent months.. or longer building, be a beast at against competition). And the way to do that.. put massive time into building your hood, be smart about building stats.. and of course spend real money for gold to get bigger stats.

Now it's changed as we all know.. same for building your hood, totally different for stat growth. Since levels mean nothing now. The more money you put into stats the less use it is since you'll always be matched with rivals in your range with no regard for level (why even have levels anymore?). The new game with a new goal.. lets say you decide to put your 2k tax return into the game (I read about someone doing just that on this forum, this was a year or so ago so he probably bought his self a cool 500 k boost in stats lol).. so 2k.. congrats, your stats grow a few mil or whatever, doesn't really matter.. then boom! you immediately get matched with a new set players 20 levels above and below you with similar stats.. now you decide you want to dominate this new rival list so you go crazy and dump another 2k on stat improvement (great idea by the way).. then boom.. you just paid 2k for a fresh new list of rivals with similar stats, congrats on that!

I say we adapt to the new game! Rather than post screen shots of your level 100 account with 10 mil stats that you paid $$$ to grow (understand that means nothing now, because the free players leaps of levels above you will eat you now).. so get with it and post a shot of your new rival list!

The more real $$ you spend the tougher your rival list is, therefore the more bragging rights you have! I don't know about you but my goal this year is to spend as much as possible on this new game and post the most beast rival list out there! Stay tuned!

Or I'll play 100% free from now on.. I haven't decided, as bad as I want to buy a beast rival list it would be nice to save some $$$.. huh, decisions decisions!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wish I could vote again. I would still vote "no". 'Nuff said.

Lurker
    Post Count
    No don't like it.

Lurker
    Post Count

Do the math...

Quote Originally Posted by riri112 View Post
    Poll tells the entire story. Gree, your customers have spoken!
    It actually doesn't. The poll tells the complete opposite. Crime City has 10 million players/downloads...that's MILLION. This poll shows that only 400 or so players really hate the change. Let's just say 500. Now subtract 500 from 10,000,000. Sounds like there are a lot more satisfied customers or indifferent players. Tough luck kids. The new changes are cool and add more spice to the game.

On a side note, did I read that correctly? Someone spent a 2K dollar tax return on the game? Lololololol. You're kidding me right?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoro View Post
    It actually doesn't. The poll tells the complete opposite. Crime City has 10 million players/downloads...that's MILLION. This poll shows that only 400 or so players really hate the change. Let's just say 500. Now subtract 500 from 10,000,000. Sounds like there are a lot more satisfied customers or indifferent players. Tough luck kids. The new changes are cool and add more spice to the game.

On a side note, did I read that correctly? Someone spent a 2K dollar tax return on the game? Lololololol. You're kidding me right?
    10 million downloads doesn't mean 10 million active players. Given the huge numbers of inactive accounts that used to clog up my rivals list, it's probably reasonable to say the vast majority don't hang around that long.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    What we have here, in the world of statistics called a SAMPLE. You may increase the number of participants, but the proportions will remain similar.
    Tough luck kid. Now go do your homework!

Lurker
    Post Count

Bell Curve...

Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    What we have here, in the world of statistics called a SAMPLE. You may increase the number of participants, but the proportions will remain similar.
    Tough luck kid. Now go do your homework!
    Lol. Sounds good. My homework says that there aren't enough salty customers to make a difference. As you all were. I guess the game ain't so fun no that it's fair huh?

-Signed...Yours Truly

Post Count
    Lol. Sounds good. My homework says that there aren't enough salty customers to make a difference. As you all were. I guess the game ain't so fun no that it's fair huh?

-Signed...Yours Truly
    The whole point of this discussion is that this rivals list have made the game as unfair as possible.
    Ever since this RL was tested, there hasn't been a single time that I've been robbed by someone worth robbing back.
    Gree has opened the doors to my hood for every slumlord and every loser in Westeros.
    Explain to me how being robbed and attacked by someone with 1% of your IPH is fair?

Post Count

-Signed...Yours Truly
    Now that its fair? Whaaaa? Its fair that people 50 levels above you to be on your rivals lists? If I recruited and built up a dominate high school team they wont get put up against college teams. Fair or not, I just think it is dumb as hell to make spending money pointless 27/30 days a month.

And Santoro is right. Sample size. If a survey needed every possible member then how would that be possible to do? The sample from this forum may not be a true representative of the entire CC population but it definitely consists of the people who love and care about the game so much they created an account on this forum. Im sure the number of active players vs number of downloads is quite drastic. I wouldnt be surprised if a million of these downloads are people who download it and immediately uninstall it just to get points in another game.

If I owned CC I would take the players on this forum much more seriously than others playing the game. And like I said, if you give me money I will make you feel more powerful so you can keep giving me money. If I see a bunch of red on my rivals list, spend money and still see red then why would I spend more? Get it together Gree!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    The whole point of this discussion is that this rivals list have made the game as unfair as possible.
    Ever since this RL was tested, there hasn't been a single time that I've been robbed by someone worth robbing back.
    Gree has opened the doors to my hood for every slumlord and every loser in Westeros.
    Explain to me how being robbed and attacked by someone with 1% of your IPH is fair?
    You sound like me for the past 2 years. I would get robbed by a slum lord with pawn shops and chicken and waffle restaurants just because their attack/defense was in the high hundred thousands and sometimes millions. Those were the players ruining the game. It sucked getting all my high income property robbed by players I didn't even want to rob back. Now I can actually find players with equal iph that I can get revenge on. Sure you can still get robbed by players with a lower iph, but your chances of making your money back via revenge or robbery have dramatically increased. IMO.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Well after several days with the corrected rival list I love it. I am one of the highest iph that I see on my list yet I am still managing to rob far more than I have lost
    If the list remains like this I would be fine.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
    Well after several days with the corrected rival list I love it. I am one of the highest iph that I see on my list yet I am still managing to rob far more than I have lost
    If the list remains like this I would be fine.
    You're fine with the fact that you have the highest iph on your list? Why? I would love it if people had a higher iph than me! I get robbed or attacked and the fact that their iph is way less than mine makes it dumb for me to attack or rob back. Its like here is my link. You can now take way more money from me than I can take from you. How does that make sense?