Do you like the rival list change? - Page 25

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you like the rival list change?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

118 17.77%
  • No

511 76.96%
  • I'm indifferent

35 5.27%
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like the rival list change?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    The rivals list has not only made camping a viable way to play, for high income folks, it might be the only way. Gree, congratulations on completely ruining the game. I am glad you made it easy to play for free though. Thanks so much.
    100% agreement! According to Oracle they wanted to prevent camping. Ironically, Gree made camping quite reasonable again. It was dead due to stat inflation. We still have that inflation but stat gains don't help you anymore (except for wars).

Post Count
    I'm not a fan - it was bad enough previously when I occasionally got robbed by someone 3m attack lower than my defence now it happens regularly.

I asked my skill points to be reset also since mafia defence is pointless and I have a lot in there from starting the game two years ago but Gree wouldn't do it. Wanted to fill out energy with those extra points for LTQs.

I don't mind being robbed just as long as they have similar stats or higher.

Lurker
    Post Count
    No, it's harder to find people, it's not my fault if I am higher than some one else my level, now I go against people 5-6 levels ahead of me

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I wish they would quit randomly changing the formula. I have never had to check stats before robbing, I would lose from time to time but rarely. Today im losing 25% of the time. I have about 5.5m att I had one person with over 10m def, how is that based on stats?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Dear Moderator

Dear Moderator,

Can you ascertain the following please.

Is the rivals list going to stay the way it is currently for some months. In that we are constantly grouped with people of similar stats. Or is there any likelihood of discussions to change it again.

I don't care either way, I would just like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre
    Godzilla Crosses the Pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU
    I'll take a picnic basket and a bottle of good red and join Robespierre and Agent Orange sitting high on Palatine Hill to watch Rome burn

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU View Post
    Dear Moderator,

Can you ascertain the following please.

Is the rivals list going to stay the way it is currently for some months. In that we are constantly grouped with people of similar stats. Or is there any likelihood of discussions to change it again.

I don't care either way, I would just like to know.
    lol, good luck getting a response to this!
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Seems cool to me man.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yeah. Durka durka

Lurker
    Post Count

Rival list change

Not a big fan of the change. I am ranked with players above my stats, mostly 3-6 million higher with the occasional low rank player mixed in between 4-5 refreshes.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It's bad enough that they made this stupid change that pretty much makes the whole game pointless, but after weeks of everyone complaining about it, Gree won't even address the issue. Either fix it, or say why you're not going to fix it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfreem View Post
    It's bad enough that they made this stupid change that pretty much makes the whole game pointless, but after weeks of everyone complaining about it, Gree won't even address the issue. Either fix it, or say why you're not going to fix it.
    They've said it. Apparently it is or it is going to make the game fun, by making everyone have the same "strength", and making gold useless, "it will promote PvP". It's funny how people who don't know how to play actually try to make changes to make it fun. To know how to play you have to be a free player and a gold player, they have showed they don't know a thing.

In my opinion the reason for claiming such things as "it will make the game more fun if everyone has the same strength" is that they want (to fool) players to buy more gold so that they can increase their statuses until said players realize that gold is no doing a thing for their stats, not even for a second, and this is a fact thanks to the rival list. In short, GREE counts on players level of stupidity, another fact.

Of course if you have cash to be the strongest player in CC and you buy every item, you will be.

Spend the rest of your gold to help your teammates, and don't buy anymore gold. Go to another syndicate if your teammates still want you to spend gold.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyRobbie View Post
    They've said it. Apparently it is or it is going to make the game fun, by making everyone have the same "strength", and making gold useless, "it will promote PvP". It's funny how people who don't know how to play actually try to make changes to make it fun. To know how to play you have to be a free player and a gold player, they have showed they don't know a thing.

In my opinion the reason for claiming such things as "it will make the game more fun if everyone has the same strength" is that they want (to fool) players to buy more gold so that they can increase their statuses until said players realize that gold is no doing a thing for their stats, not even for a second, and this is a fact thanks to the rival list. In short, GREE counts on players level of stupidity, another fact.

Of course if you have cash to be the strongest player in CC and you buy every item, you will be.

Spend the rest of your gold to help your teammates, and don't buy anymore gold. Go to another syndicate if your teammates still want you to spend gold.
    I used to rarely have a full stamina bar....I was always slightly above average stats and use my stronger position to attack those weaker then me, to get bricks for my syn and rob occasionally as well....I have barely robbed/attacked since the change and I've been hit much, much less as well....

I was away a few weeks ago for 3-4 days and came back to see my hood entirely untouched. Collected something like $250m. This would never have happened under the old rivals list. So, in my case it has absolutely killed PVP....
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And for the second day in a row gree seems to think a person with double my stats has similar stats to me. Could someone please explain what "similar stats" means?

Post Count

Talking

I love it. No one on my rival list can beat me but i can beat them

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Actually had two players retire because of the new rivals format. Wonder if gree is looking at the overall feedback.