Mods: Question about Rivals List - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mods: Question about Rivals List

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    was just single occurrence, now back to new sh*te...

^ triffic bloody triffic stuff

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Rivals list is the equivalent of someone pushing you and then running to kneel down behind you and you still fall over them.
    Do you have change for my 2 cents?

wot ?!

how can someone kneel down behind you when they have just pushed you over.

Lurker
    Post Count
    my real life family control five accounts from lvl 43 to 185. been playing this "game" for 20 months from first start. we participate in a top 1000 syndicate. this change pisses all over our efforts. good bye to greed if this is maintained.

Consistent Contributor budman68's Avatar
    Post Count
    It made an easy decision for me. Sold my hood. Donated the $$ to my syndicate and quit the game. Poof! On to any other non gree game

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    No matter how many times I refresh the list I get the same 20 or so names over and over, this is getting old fast...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAnarchy View Post
    No matter how many times I refresh the list I get the same 20 or so names over and over, this is getting old fast...
    me too!!! Getting exactly the same players just moved around every time I refresh... And that's been like that for hours now... Worse still is I have 2 accounts which must be "similar" in stats according to Gree's algorithm because both accounts have the same names on both rival lists... These have been robbed hours and hours ago and have nothing left... I've been up and down the whole list... What's the point??? Is this Gree telling me there are only that many people with similar stats???
    My gold spend is fast approaching a big halt if there is now no point in becoming stronger stat wise...
    What they should have done is open the level 250 ceiling to 300+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAnarchy View Post
    I found the same thing and decided to record it to prove the point.

I refreshed my RL ten times. Here is what I found:
    200 names (10 refreshes)
    70 unique names
    1 name on all 10 lists
    2 names 9/10 lists
    4 names 6/10
    4 names 5/10
    24 names on 1/10

the name Alex: 2/10 lists

My IpH and my stats are both around 10M, so that may account for the limited pool. But it's wearisome seeing the same names over and over and over....

Post Count
    As for the OP: I agree with you wholeheartedly. The new RL completely negates my approach to the game. I took a long time to build a player with relatively high stats and IpH for his level. I never liked taking the time to rob people, so I generated my own money. Before statflation, there was a period of months where I never got robbed.

If they had implemented this six months or so ago, I wouldn't have minded it as much. But the new RL in combination with the addition of 11/13/20/26 hour building output cycles amounts to a 40% building output reduction for me. Because real life gets in the way, I can't even collect my 12-hour buildings consistently, much less the newer LTBs.

So now I have a new strategy: leave my buildings robbed and try to make it up by robbing others. But as you can see from my post above, I'm finding it tough to find others to rob. Building stats no longer matters, as murf (and others) have so eloquently pointed out. I can handle the game bugs being frustrating. But now the game mechanics are even more frustrating. As others have stated, CC is rapidly losing its appeal.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nazgul View Post
    I found the same thing and decided to record it to prove the point.

I refreshed my RL ten times. Here is what I found:
    200 names (10 refreshes)
    70 unique names
    1 name on all 10 lists
    2 names 9/10 lists
    4 names 6/10
    4 names 5/10
    24 names on 1/10

the name Alex: 2/10 lists

My IpH and my stats are both around 10M, so that may account for the limited pool. But it's wearisome seeing the same names over and over and over....
    My IPH and stats are also around there (though stats closer to 9m) and I'm finding the same thing. I thought it was just a fluke last night but this morning it's cycling all the same folks.

Have you been robbed since the rival list change? I had a L8 WSFG sitting out for like 6 hours and it didn't get touched. I'm hoping that people with high IPH have sort of a gentleman's agreement, but we'll see what happens over the next few days.

I'm also seeing that my allies are in my rival list too. Not sure if that's new with this change or it's been like that for a while.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    Have you been robbed since the rival list change? I had a L8 WSFG sitting out for like 6 hours and it didn't get touched. I'm hoping that people with high IPH have sort of a gentleman's agreement, but we'll see what happens over the next few days.
    I'd been going back and forth with someone since last week, so I haven't collected my non-24 hour buildings in a while anyway. So no, I haven't been robbed yet, but only because I haven't been collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    I'm also seeing that my allies are in my rival list too. Not sure if that's new with this change or it's been like that for a while.
    Once syndicates were introduced, your mafia was opened for attacking/robbing. It might seem more prevalent now since you're seeing the same names over and again.

Post Count
    i agree with everyone who disagrees with the change but my main complaint is there are no rivals with way higher iph than mine now. It seems like everyone i can rob has a low iph like mine. I had names and levels memorized of players with millions iph that had beatable stats and now there are plenty of people i can rob but no money..so wtf is the point? Am i going to have to increase my iph to find others with high iph? If my iph was super high then i wouldn't need to rob anyone to begin with..so kinda pointless now right?

Post Count
    Ahh the new rival list.....

Some of the Pros to it:
    1. I don't need to check stats before robbing someone, I KNOW I can rob everyone that shows up.
    2. Everyone that shows up has nice buildings that I WANT to rob.
    3. Not a single empty no building hood, yea it's a lot like the above, but I LIKE it that much!
    4. I made lots of money today from theft......

Some of the Cons:
    1. I was robbed badly last night, it's been awhile since that happened.
    2. I guess I need to bank now, they stole my cash too, but lost about half the attacks they tried!
    3. Limited pool in my rival list.
    4. I can't build myself up to protect my cash anymore.
    5. Many of the hoods in my limited pool have been pre robbed, by me or another before I get there.
    6. If I DO decide to check stats on my Driod, it takes FOREVER to get a rival's stats.
    7. WTH, everyone is SO close to my attack, I got no stooges to hit for easy bricks!

So all and all.... I like the way MY rivals list looks when I want to go out robbing, but HATE the way I look on others Rivals list, and the fact that I'm not a least a medium fish in the pond any longer, I'm the same size as everyone else, and if I grow up, they just gonna put me in another pond!

Post Count

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by b-w View Post
    i agree with everyone who disagrees with the change but my main complaint is there are no rivals with way higher iph than mine now. It seems like everyone i can rob has a low iph like mine. I had names and levels memorized of players with millions iph that had beatable stats and now there are plenty of people i can rob but no money..so wtf is the point? Am i going to have to increase my iph to find others with high iph? If my iph was super high then i wouldn't need to rob anyone to begin with..so kinda pointless now right?
    Bang on the money! Although not a lot in your case