Mods: Question about Rivals List - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods: Question about Rivals List

Consistent Contributor ILikeTheAbuse's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by reticlover View Post
    Easy fix, make the rival list open to every player from lvl 1 to 250. So that every one is on same playing field
    You must not rob very much... Do you enjoy having to load up 150 crappy hoods to find someone worth robbing? Why would you want to wade through garbage to find a gem (pun intended) when you could cruise around some decent neighborhoods and visit some Nightclubs while you're out.
    -just a sucker with no self esteem

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    A fool and his syndicate are soon parted

Consistent Contributor ILikeTheAbuse's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Didas View Post
    I don't do a ton of robbing, but after thinking about the new system, here's my take on it.

If everyone on your rival list can rob you and you can rob everyone on your list, the only way to come out ahead is if you have a lower IPH than your rivals. That way, you have less to lose than your rivals. In other words, you want to have a high stat/IPH ratio.
    Nope. You can rob 20 people with half your IPH and make more than those 20 people can take off you the next day.

One way to do better in the game of rob or be robbed is to raise your stats while keeping your current IPH. Improving your stats would presumably get you access to stronger rivals with higher IPH that you can steal from. The other way to win the game would be to sell all your buildings so you have nothing to steal from. But in that case, you wouldn't need to rob because you have nothing to spend the cash on.
    ...except that IPH is taken into account when building YOUR rival list, so if you sell your hood, you get worse targets and can't rob as much ever day. (yes, IPH is only part of the equation, and it's not enough)

As far as I can tell, the change forces people to rob others in order to make up for losses from being robbed.
    Ding Ding Ding

It screws campers who don't have high stats compared to their IPH. It also screws older accounts who have spent a long time building up their hoods but haven't kept up with the recent stat mega-inflation.
    It doesn't screw anyone who is willing to rob back what they lost that day, except now that is quite a lot easier than it used to be because you don't have to wade through 30 minutes of garbage to find a decent target.

(not an exceptional target that you want to go to war with for the next week. Just a decent target. Half your IPH with buildings up seems to be easy to find, now. We are at war with everyone, now. Constant battle on all fronts requires time spent robbing people back every day)
    Last edited by ILikeTheAbuse; 01-27-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    -just a sucker with no self esteem

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    A fool and his syndicate are soon parted

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Iph isn't because I see no one on my rival list close to my iph, most are less than 20% of mine. I spent a lot of good being nearly untouchable, I was robbed once every 2/3months at most. Now they change the whole dynamic of the game making my gold spend worthless. The only people this is good for are people who aren't able to hold iph and those super minis who get strong for free sitting in high syns.
    I agree with murf and zend and will not spend another penny now as it will not effect anything I am able to do anymore.

Banned
    Post Count
    Poo hands boards his party bus and goes home......u coming Pedro?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yep. Buildings are left uncollected and I'm leaving the game.
    All aboard the party bus...

http://youtu.be/6Zbi0XmGtMw

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I think he likes it

Post Count
    The change to the rival list is one of the worst changes made to this game. Everyone can expect to be robbed now regardless of your level and stats. Players took pride in building up their IPH and stats that prevented people from robbing them much with the old rival list, but now that the new rival list has been pushed out, this is no longer true and it defeats one of the main essences of this game.

I, and I'm sure there will be many, will just simply stop playing this game now and will refuse to collect my buildings as a sign of protest until the old rival list is put back. If not done soon, I will create a poll that will show that the majority feel like this, apart from the players with no IPH who are the only ones who benefit from this change. This is a smack in the face to all your loyal and long standing players... EPIC FAIL!!!!

This is the first time I had a reason to post anything...

And the reason is, this rival list change sucks. Forget about looking for people to rob for a minute, and just look at another thing.... What are syndicates supposed to do for bricks anymore? I just looked through my rival list for 10 minutes, and didn't see one person I even could attack, let alone could attack and be certian I'd win.

Why does gree insist on "fixing" something that isn't broken when there's other thing that could require attention?

Go ahead gree, keep catering to the few with piles of cash (why else would they make a stupid change like this unless someone with cash to burn asked for it?) and after too long, those "few" will be the only ones left...

PS, I guess they could just sell us a brick for 5 gold (sarcasm)

Post Count
    I'm not worried about being robbed that's part of the game it just pisses me of that I can no longer earn bricks for my team as every body seems to be stronger than me because I have a high iph
    Hammer down

Post Count
    No bricks for war and no uzis for boss... And with the new rivals list no need to work on iph or stats

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeTheAbuse View Post
    It doesn't screw anyone who is willing to rob back what they lost that day, except now that is quite a lot easier than it used to be because you don't have to wade through 30 minutes of garbage to find a decent target.

(not an exceptional target that you want to go to war with for the next week. Just a decent target. Half your IPH with buildings up seems to be easy to find, now. We are at war with everyone, now. Constant battle on all fronts requires time spent robbing people back every day)
    You're absolutely correct, now I don't have to waste time (half an hour or more) searching for a decent rival...

***Instead, I WASTE TIME SEARCHING FOR A RIVAL I CAN ACTUALLY BEAT - WHETHER I WANT TO ROB THEM OR DEFEAT THEM FOR BRICKS***

And, When I Do Find Someone I have a chance of Beating, Their Stats are so close to mine that they can just hit me straight back! And as I've previously been successfully robbed by players with 20-25% Less Attack than My Defence, where's my incentive to do anything!!??

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    to back up the above, here's my day so far with New Rivals List...

I had an 'open mind', dipped my toe in last night & recce'd 5 Hoods, 4 were all at least 600K higher (Min) and the one that was close to me, was only about 150 Def lower, with similar Att Stats...

So, Old Rival List involved lots of Refreshes to find players of similar level, with lower stats but higher iph to Rob...
    I could always find players to beat but decent robbing candidates took much more time and effort...

Now, I've just gone through Rival List TWENTY TIMES and with Exception of 3 Hoods - All 'Rivals' were 500K - 1 Million Higher Than Me!!??

Sorry GREE how the feck is that a Rival & exactly how am I supposed to Rob/Attack these people!

One thing that p*ssed me off about old system, was having muppets 600K Offense Lower than me Successfully Robbing Me (NB: at present, I'm around 2.5mil, so that's a 1/5 or more Weaker!) - That should never have happened & I always went back and paid them back in kind ten times over!

Now, you want me to start playing the same way as those dumb a holes!!!???

sorry, but, I'm usually tolerant of your updates/ amendments but this is broken!!!

New List is Joke, main difference is it appears that I can now be attacked by players 20 levels above me & 20 levels below me!

Where's the incentive to encourage players to grow when the local bully, to weak to beat up people his own size, just drops 20 levels to thump a player starting out...
    This is just going to descend completely into school yard bullying...

At least with old Rival List you were always looking at people within 3 levels of yourself & generally, If you were above average, it was through either good playing or lucky enough to be part of good Syndicate, that gifted you lots of Rewards...
    If you found someone weaker, it was usually because they were inactive, made bad game decisions or just plain stupid!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Weird: just reselected Rivals List and ALL Opponents were back at my Level or within 1...

have GREE gone back???

we all had to put up with being robbed while getting ahead. I feel like I have just wasted a year of my time getting to the strength I have. :idk:

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy69 View Post
    Weird: just reselected Rivals List and ALL Opponents were back at my Level or within 1...

have GREE gone back???
    just had a flick thru. not in my time zone they havent.
    Last edited by I hate to complain; 01-28-2014 at 01:35 AM.