You have to give credit to the designers and programmers of MW

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: You have to give credit to the designers and programmers of MW

Articulate Author
    Post Count

You have to give credit to the designers and programmers of MW

When you read all the goodbye messages about how people have won by quitting MW and how they admire others who have quit and "beaten" the addiction you have to admire how a computer game can get people so addicted that they have to sell off their bases and make a triumphant announcement on here when they leave. Some day they will study this in psychology class and realize how brilliant a concept this is. Its not like we are addicted to drugs or alcohol that cause us physiological harm. Just addicted to a game. I am not criticizing those who have quit or those who like me stay and play on, I am just making an observation.
    Happily retired, my only regret is not doing it sooner

Post Count
    You won't get any extra units by kissing arse.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Funny this reply tickled me

Banned
    Post Count
    Thundarr didn't you quit and then came back...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think most aren't quitting because of any addiction. They are quitting because the product is garbage.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    They aren't quitting b/c of an addiction. They are quitting b/c they beat their addiction. (Or are fighting it)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So I guess you admire American Airlines. They pissed off so many people who then flew other airlines and they went into bankruptcy as people quit their American addiction. Same with Microsoft and Blackberry. Good on Ballmer to dismiss anyone wanting an iPhone. Who'd bring an iPhone into work? PSHAW said Blackberry (RIM I believe).

No, you admire the designers who learn their craft, study what people LIKE and STAY for. It's called sticking. People don't say triumphantly, "I have quit Candy Crush!" They keep playing, and it makes more money than if it was intentionally set up to where you had to pay more and more to win. I could go on, but no... If you've been through game design it'd actually make you sad.

Post Count

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Dd you see the survey up in the sticky section? It looks like Gree is finally trying to figure out the social aspect of the game to see why some people stay on because if the connections they make.

Not sure why they kept asking if you ever made love to another MW player - guess they are toying with an idea for a dating game ? ? ? - LoL

Ps - I actually am aware of a couple of MW Booty calls - but mumms the word
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Dd you see the survey up in the sticky section? It looks like Gree is finally trying to figure out the social aspect of the game to see why some people stay on because if the connections they make. Not sure why they kept asking if you ever made love to another MW player - guess they are toying with an idea for a dating game ? ? ? - LoLPs - I actually am aware of a couple of MW Booty calls - but mumms the word
    LOL... GREE don't do dating games, but if they did, it would probably be the best dating game in the world

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    LOL... GREE don't do dating games, but if they did, it would probably be the best dating game in the world
    The real thing is cheaper than buying gold Dutchie

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman GRI View Post
    The real thing is cheaper than buying gold Dutchie
    LOL... I'm a happily married man of 12.5 years, so I have forgotten the excitement of dating... Maybe a game would bring it all back, but then again probably not!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cai View Post
    You won't get any extra units by kissing arse.
    Looking for the LIKE button. How true this is lol

Banned
    Post Count
    but....I see a LOT of empty bases and hard to find someone to raid....but I've also seen ONE or two people coming back...but whats worse....they got ALL back. So they quitted, sold off their base donated all to faction and left. Now they came back, and gree gave ALL their buildings back too to their levels they where before selling...now thats what I call a crappy thingie. Did they take the money back from faction? I doubt it....

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Don't forget it was Funzio that created and established the game. Don't give the credit to Gree.