New stuff! - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New stuff!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    Absolutely unbelieveable, gree. So we are going to return to the rivals list clusterfk that you guys undid. You're actually going to ruin the game for anyone with decent income. I hope folks enjoy robbing for tens of dollars because poor folks will be all that's left.You. Spoken like someone with a worthless pathetic ghetto for a hood. Robbing is part of the game until it makes the game unfun. If someone can't protect their income and make a great hood, then robbing has no point. Attacking will be useless too, if this game-ruining change goes through yet again.

Good job ruining your game gree. Guess I've been here too long.
    Obviously someone who does not understand the crux of the game, the clue is in the title, "CRIME" there are more clues in your stats, "Attack + Defence, Robberies, Won and Lost" as well as IPH.

All these changes must be giving you sleepless nights, go and plant some pretty pink trees in your hood, give the trailer trash from the ghetto's something nice to look at while they are tipping your buildings..

Banned
    Post Count
    I sleep just fine, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. The leaches will all speak up as you two have. Pathetic simpletons who mooch. It's one thing to go "tipping buildings," but when your pathetic third world hood isn't at the same level as who you're robbing, that makes the game unfair and therefore not playable. Enjoy your time leaches. Soon the game won't be fun for you either, lousy ghettos abound.

Self reliance being viewed as a fault...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    I sleep just fine, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. The leaches will all speak up as you two have. Pathetic simpletons who mooch. It's one thing to go "tipping buildings," but when your pathetic third world hood isn't at the same level as who you're robbing, that makes the game unfair and therefore not playable. Enjoy your time leaches. Soon the game won't be fun for you either, lousy ghettos abound.

Self reliance being viewed as a fault...
    I can't wait to find you in my rivals list, oh what a glorious day it will be!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Robbing is definitely part of the game as is attacking.

Building a hood with good IPH is definitely part of the game.

Just thinking this conundrum through. I suppose we need a balance between good IPH (one part of the game) and good attacking (the other part). Not more one than the other or we will end up with either all great IPH and low attacks OR heaps of attacks and low IPH in CC. We need the balance.

FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO ROB ETC

Those that have a 'bent' on the robbing/attacking side need to be looked after properly.

Of those with low IPH/hoods, they need to be encouraged to grow both parts of the game.

FOR THE IPH GUYS
    IPH is part of the game and needs to be encouraged still.

For those IPH guys that have low A&D for their level, they need to be encouraged to grow.

Here's a solution (LOL)
    Why don't you place the low IPH Guys with a bent for robbing together. They can attack each other as much as they like. It should be fun for all of them. If they want to find better IPH, then improve your own IPH to bring yourself up to the next level for even more fun and greater rewards.

Those with high IPH and low A&D. Place them in a group with similar IPH and higher A&D. They can then be encouraged to build their A&D because they would be something well worth while in attacking back. Build your A&D for even more fun and greater reward from the game. They would be happy too.

Here's a crazy idea. Just leave everyone according to levels. then you'll need to be strong for your level wouldn't you? Nah, that's too simple. Let's really make it complicated so we can tweaks stuff. We like tweaking stuff, it keeps us employed, heck if the place ran smoothly some might be out of a job.
    Last edited by Ysae Kaeps ASU; 01-23-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Thank you A&F for posting this info!

For everyone criticizing the proposed changes and asking for more details-

As a player I understand the urge to want to know more and critique these types of things. However, its important to realize that all the details aren't ironed out yet so, providing specifics is a big no no when communicating with the players.

Also, those who are criticizing over the proposed rival list changes. You should realize that they tried out a new rival list setup and the players found it unfavorable- so GREE reverted it. Understand that GREE learned from that and are unlikely to reimplement it as they initially did.. This will be different.
    No, I'm not who you might think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

Post Count

Red face

I Love the changes....This Morning i got New Data Push...Is those changes are implemented in that Push?????

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    its getting exciting again..thx for the great news..

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    A mod said that the earliest these changes would come is after this weekend's war. I'd find the quote but it's late.
    No, I'm not who you might think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckusX View Post
    I can't wait to find you in my rivals list, oh what a glorious day it will be!
    By the time you get anywhere near, I will have made sure there is nothing for you to get, pathetic leach. Glorious day indeed. You'll give me a link, and I'll show you some good hypocrisy on my part.

Consistent Contributor The Night Prowler's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thanks A&F. Cool info

Post Count
    Thanks mods/devs for the info and adding some new life to the game. I have some questions, too:

How will defense buildings stay relevant long-term as stats increase? Will the def value be bumped periodically inline with items or will you switch to dynamic values eg x% of attacker's Attack stat?

Given I have read several time now that you guys find camping unintuitive and game unbalancing, will player level be made meaningful if not worthwhile? Could you perhaps multiply base stats/building defense/IPH by level or a portion of it? if not can it be factored further into the "randomness" element of fights?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hexie View Post
    Thanks mods/devs for the info and adding some new life to the game. I have some questions, too:

How will defense buildings stay relevant long-term as stats increase? Will the def value be bumped periodically inline with items or will you switch to dynamic values eg x% of attacker's Attack stat?

Given I have read several time now that you guys find camping unintuitive and game unbalancing, will player level be made meaningful if not worthwhile? Could you perhaps multiply base stats/building defense/IPH by level or a portion of it? if not can it be factored further into the "randomness" element of fights?

Cheers
    My understanding is that we're tweaking them to scale better staticwise, but I don't know the numbers yet. We may need to play around and test it out a bit, which means the initial change might be more conservative than some people are hoping for (the reason for that conservativeness, in general, is that it is always easier to bump something up than take it away after it has already been around).

Higher level causing some things to scale is not a bad idea, although it probably wouldn't be applied to stats (money or gains from actions, more likely).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    My understanding is that we're tweaking them to scale better staticwise...
    Sounds good. Thank you for the detailed reply

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The previous rivals list experiment was an abject failure. One of the test subjects who robbed me had sold all of his buildings to guard himself against retaliation. That is the face of the game to come??? Not an improvement!

M@
    Started late June 2012.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    READ: I'm a leech and depend on the work of others to help me fund any cash purchases I need (LTBs, syn donations, etc).
    That is clearly the case with many players. Im in the 100-150 level bracket with R100 stats and I NEVER find anyone with iph hoods to rob.

its gotten to the point that many of the higher IPH guys I know were planning on selling their hoods because they didn't have anyway to return the favor.

it was almost to the point where higher IPH was bad (like leveling). now at least the rivals list will be somewhat peer driven, then it becomes a matter of making your timers