New stuff! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New stuff!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Way to go! Seems you guys at Gree have listened to some concerns and decided to make some changes. Thank You. I am enjoying the new space in my Hood already! If you sold all you defense buildings...though for you, buy them back. If you sold your whole hood, why are you still playing? Not super keen on the rivals list changing, but I guess the goal has always been to be stronger than your enemies, that is after all why we keep doing events right?

Banned
    Post Count
    I agree, robbery is fun. What about attacking other players? This algorithm will severely reduce the abilty to attack other players successfully. Attacking is necessary, we aquire bricks through this process. PvP events depend on this.

Jerle, CJ, A&F, or Crazynerdygirl ,Please acknowledge my question. Thank you.
    Last edited by RuckusX; 01-23-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you guys are changing the rivals list, are you taking away harcore hitman and thug life goals?
    One shot, one kill, ready to die, but never will!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
    Updating defensive buildings? Can you clarify what this entails. If it is increasing the stats drastically on existing buildings this would be extremely unfair. Common knowledge that defensive buildings have served little purpose over the past year+. Many older accounts have deleted obsolete buildings to make room for $ buildings. Most new accounts don't even place them. A huge stat inflation on the existing buildings would render many players strategies useless. And with the limited buildings always going we would never have the opportunity to build or upgrade them.
    Introduce new defensive buildings if you have to but the existing ones should remain the same.

I will never understand why players in a game predicated on crime get so bent out if shape when they get robbed. And yes I have been on both asides of the iph fence.
    I disagree. When I was green and new to the game I built defense buildings like mad. Now, I've sold off a ton of them but still have quite a few and it would be nice to be rewarded for the time and money spent on building and upgrading them. It has always been a part of the game so those who didn't build them should just lose out.
    Dangerous DJ 833-363-342

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    As I stated in the battle thread already, I like very much the information flow beforehand an event. Let's see whiter that will be the way to go from now on.

To the updates which were mentioned in the first post - I look pretty much forward to them and let you guys surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by RuckusX View Post
    I agree, robbery is fun. What about attacking other players? This algorithm will severely reduce the abilty to attack other players successfully. Attacking is necessary, we aquire bricks through this process. PvP events depend on this.

Jerle, CJ, A&F, or Crazynerdygirl ,Please acknowledge my question. Thank you.
    If by successfully you mean "easily beating the tar out of vastly weaker people because one has been intentionally staying in the lowest possible power bracket for a long time" then yes, it is going to make that somewhat harder (but not eliminate it). We do understand that has been an optimal strategy for a long time, but it isn't good for the game and it isn't good to have optimal strategies than are not potentially possible for some people. This change is not going to impact the ability to rob/attack others, although we will be keeping a very careful eye on this to make sure of that.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by beerman3828 View Post
    I disagree. When I was green and new to the game I built defense buildings like mad. Now, I've sold off a ton of them but still have quite a few and it would be nice to be rewarded for the time and money spent on building and upgrading them. It has always been a part of the game so those who didn't build them should just lose out.
    Increasing stats on existing buildings and making those stats somehow relevant after years of being meaningless fundamentally changes the game. The majority of players have either sold them or already knew they were irrelevant. My game strategy has been based on these buildings having little to zero impact on the game and to suddenly increase the meaning of existing buildings does not strike me as fair. As I said introduce new buildings with increased stats if you want to make them relevant.

Post Count
    Why not make Uzi drop during robberies and attacks ?
    Indians....Fight One Fight All....

Indian Nation Looking For Bullies...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    For the weaker low IPH players that is fine if they can see us higher stat IPH players, but please remove people with extremely lower stats and IPH out of our viewing, makes it much harder to find a good target without spending hours searching
    Quote Originally Posted by N41LZ View Post
    Gree you have made a big mistake, 1 Uzi should cost 100 Gold, not 5

And the event should be 12 hours only...
    You giving us too much bro, like a restaurant giving out large messy portionsss

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    If the rivals list is primarily based on stats, what is the point of increasing your stats? How can you ever get relatively stronger vs your rivals?
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowin Smoke View Post
    You do realize that implementing the IPH while pairings rivals will take so much fun out of the game and cause the majority of players to be unhappy?
    READ: I'm a leech and depend on the work of others to help me fund any cash purchases I need (LTBs, syn donations, etc).
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    READ: I'm a leech and depend on the work of others to help me fund any cash purchases I need (LTBs, syn donations, etc).
    Kuddos murf. Kuddos! My sentiment exactly

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    murf, continue to be awesome. This patch is going to be just for leaches and allow them to run amok again. Guess it'll be quitting time for all of those of us who actually built a decent hood that doesn't resemble a slum in a third world. Was fun while it wasn't ruined!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    If we thought that people shouldn't rob each other in the game, there wouldn't be a big button in the game that says "rob". We also respect that hood building and collecting huge amounts of cash are also part of the game, but so is robbing.
    Hello, is it possible you can give us percentages on what the new rival list will be based on. Something like - IPH 30%, Mafia size 20%, Level 50% - for example.

So we can end with this discussion and assumptions and decide whether or not the majority (in the sense that players in forum tend to want to know more about the game mechanics therefore they have a better view of how the game should be than that of the new players that aren't on here) will accept it as a fun thing. Thanks

Edit: Thanks for the info and the change attempts to make it more fun.
    Last edited by TooFlyRobbie; 01-23-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Luckily you do not get to dictate where myself or others find enjoyment in a game. If you are going to quit do so because you see building your almighty iph as work. That is the point where you should have realized games were meant for enjoyment. Now if you enjoy building iph and that is fun for you keep at it but don't be so arrogant to believe that is the correct way to enjoy the game. It is your way not mine. Looking around at the iph of my peers I believe you are in the minority.