New stuff! - Page 13

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New stuff!

Post Count
    It appears att/def are the most important stats in these match ups now. I am regularily getting tagged by people with twice the mob I have and 1/6th the income.

I really don't have much incentive to do anything, at this point. Growing stats is meaningless, growing income makes no sense, and spending real money makes no sense. I just spent a little gold to complete the hockey rink, now those stats have zero meaning. Why would I ever do that again?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    Hey guys,

Here are some new things coming out:

New rival list logic!

The rival list will be populated based primarily on relative strength, but also takes level,IPH,mafia size, and a few other factors into account.

Defense buildings will be improved!

Remember those things? We will soon be scaling them better to match the rise in relative stats that has happened over the past year.

New Scratcher prizes!

We're working on rolling out some new fancy items to scratch at!

Also, if you weren't already in the know, we released expansion levels 31-40 with goals last week. That means your hood can be even bigger!

Please note: Not all of these (with the exception of the expansions) are out yet, but they are all confirmed and will be added to the game!
    By the way, everytime I tap on "Rivals Profile" the game freezes for 20 seconds, and when I close the rivals profile it freezes for 40 seconds. Also when I log on and someone robbed me I can't who did it as its not shown in my news feed, so I cannot retaliate. I'm on android

It looks like the changes brought errors, fix it please. I didn't know where to post this.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Angry Rival list change

No matter how many D buildings I put in my hood it will never be enough... I already had a taste of this new list. They must have been trying it out...
    I had guys of all different lvl's on my rival list but they all had the same stats as me... Simply horrible..hink the rival list will suck for me.. I will have a crap load of guys that can get at me now... With my IPH at 30mil there will be no one around that is as high as me. So why would I attack back an put my name on there news an give them an open door to my hood.. It bull crap . I worked my hood for years an all these changes make it worthless..

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Almost 100 mil in robberies in half a day....loving the list.....
    Sharpshooters
    Respect+50% Jobs+35% Car Attack+15% Car Def+50% Building output+50% Melee Attack+30% Melee Def+50% Gun Attack+15% Gun Def+50% Armor Attack+25% Armor Def+50% Explosive Attack+15% Explosive Def+50% Building Def+50% Hideout Health+20% Hideout Damage+20% Influ Increase+25% Synd member+40

408 238 983
    Group Me Synd.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVD View Post
    Almost 100 mil in robberies in half a day....loving the list.....
    same here loving it.. to other guy above. defense buildings wont work, the best defense is cheap alarm clock and collect on time

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Now with the rival list being set up in a way anybody can rob anybody why bother with stats at all? Gree could just change the robbing algorithm to automatic success. It is pretty much what they have done now (without making it that obvious) and this shows how much sense it makes to build up stats now.

The new defense buildings will be better? Who cares if their stat effect will be factored into the rival list matching.

Why should I grow my stats now? It will only get me pitted against stronger rivals. Why should I grow my iph now -- to make me a better target?

What should I spend ingame money on from robberies and economy? Increasing my economy isn't much fun anymore. I can't buy any decent weapons for it and if I could (like in a recent LTQ) the stat increase doesn't help anymore -- it just gains you different rivals. I can finish the LTB quests which improves my economy (see above) and gains me some equipment for better stats (ha ha, see above). WTF? Where is the challenge? Why should I work on anything in this game? I would be better off playing cow clicker.
    If you want to play sim city, drop your mafia to 99 and do it. If you want to attack/rob/battle, work on your stats.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    It appears att/def are the most important stats in these match ups now. I am regularily getting tagged by people with twice the mob I have and 1/6th the income.

I really don't have much incentive to do anything, at this point. Growing stats is meaningless, growing income makes no sense, and spending real money makes no sense. I just spent a little gold to complete the hockey rink, now those stats have zero meaning. Why would I ever do that again?
    So... you think spending real money on virtual stats and virtual buildings to make virtual money is crazy?

YOU are the one who is CRAZY!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Multi reply

Long time reader first time poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine007 View Post
    If you guys are changing the rivals list, are you taking away harcore hitman and thug life goals?
    I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Why not make Uzi drop during robberies and attacks ?
    I thought they used to a long time ago. I think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Travers View Post
    For the weaker low IPH players that is fine if they can see us higher stat IPH players, but please remove people with extremely lower stats and IPH out of our viewing, makes it much harder to find a good target without spending hours searching
    This has been my biggest complaint for weeks. The attack/defense and IPH players I have been getting were ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by -C- View Post
    So how are we supposed to upgrade those improved defense buildings if there is always a new LTB going on? What about upgrading one money and one defense building at the same time? Btw, I don't like the new rivals list neither! No need to increase stats anymore.
    I to think you should be able to upgrade a money building and a defense building at the same time. You should also be able to build one money building and one upgrade building at one time. Does anyone know if the build 175 buildings is the last one of those or does it keep going?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    If you want to play sim city, drop your mafia to 99 and do it. If you want to attack/rob/battle, work on your stats.
    Fail. That's the point you did not get (apparently): Right now there is no need to work on stats anymore. The new rival list always shows only people of your strength no matter what your stats are. If you increase your stats by a factor of 10 you gain exactly nothing compared to your rivals. If you don't increase your stats you lose nothing. Even if you drop you drop all of your mafia nothing changes. Great for a game of competition!

Post Count

My Two Cents

I downloaded a game that penalizes me for playing, while other games reward level ups. Now the incentive to grow my stats is pointless, since I will always be matched up against similar stats, except in battles. My IPH is 1.5 million and robbing and being robbed is part of the game for me. I don't mind a game changing and growing as it is necessary to keep it fresh, but I am just not sure where I will find the fun in a product I have invested in. I am terrified of the XP they hand out as a prize, I can never get an edge over an opponent and IP points seem to be on the decline since I crossed Level 150.

Real World Mafia = build an empire and become a target for every low level thug with nothing to lose or stay a low level thug. I am a boss baby, let em come and get it.
    That is what I expected when I downloaded the game.

Maybe others should have downloaded "Unicorns and Utopia" a game built on hugs and kisses.

Yeah they just took the fun out of the game, robbing will never be the same.....

Lurker
    Post Count
    Is Gree going to do something about all the lvl 1 players with 30mil attack now. How can you get 150 combat masks and 113 carnival crowd mowers?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Doesn't work. The new rival list eliminates mob count as a factor.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There were two reasons to improve your stats in the game. 1) to beat enemy syndicate members during war. 2) to deter and defend your hood and cash against weaker players on your level. Gree has decided to eliminate #2. Many people spent lots of hours planning their next upgrade and building their IPH in a game where it was a main point of the game. Although I agree Robbing people is also a part of the game, this new rivals list negates the work many players have put into growing their IPH, and Attack/Defense stats to keep their IPH.
    I spent about an hour earlier today searching through my rivals list and although I found plenty of people with similar stats to me, I found zero with a higher IPH. Robbing will not be a part of my game now. Why would I give rivals with similar stats a revenge link to my hood and cash. Thanks on another bad idea GREE.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel City MOB View Post
    Yeah they just took the fun out of the game, robbing will never be the same.....
    How can you say they took the fun out of robbing? I used to never be able to find hoods worth robbing and got seriously bored of that aspect. Now I am able to rob, yeah I can get robbed more, but the activity has been revived, imo. Robbing is part of the game. People complaining about people being able to rob them now is ludicrous. This game is about crime. And if you don't like being robbed, start building defense buildings because they have defense against robbery, and Gree has announced they are going to improve them ( I wish they would confirm that it is improve or if it will be new buildings) and expand your massive iph hoods in preparation to the soon to be update. Obviously they released expansions first for all of you who have abandoned defense buildings and focused solely on iph. At least they are giving you more room and a head start. So go get to building, wipe the tears off your face, and protect your hoods!