New stuff! - Page 12

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New stuff!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    It doesn't necessarily have to be like that. If some of the suggestions I made below were taken up, the rivals list changes could be an improvement. The important thing would be to not include the value of defence buildings in the normal stats profile, so they would only come into play when someone tries to rob you. Repeated failures woud give an incentive to improve attack stats, while the high iph players would have the same incentive to improve defence stats and defence buildings.
    Yes, that may be a (partial) solution. Unfortunately, believing in that solution would require me to put faith in Gree managing a delicate balance between attack and defense stats and having defense buildings stats compatible with stats inflation. Given my past experiences with changes and the tendency of attack growing over defense I am lacking that faith.

On a second thought I am not really convinced your solution would work for the incentive of improving your attack (or to improve your defense by equipment), as any of those stat increase would only give you stronger rivals. IMO pairing by stats does not make sense when you want to have a competition over stats.

So why would I buy NEW defense buildings??? With the new rivals list, it will make NO DIFFERENCE! With my stronger D, I will simply get stronger attackers. I don't get it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    On a second thought I am not really convinced your solution would work for the incentive of improving your attack (or to improve your defense by equipment), as any of those stat increase would only give you stronger rivals. IMO pairing by stats does not make sense when you want to have a competition over stats.
    PS: A third thought on sister morphine's suggestion. :-) To maximize your defense effective when rivals are selected based on mafia A/D and independent on boosts from defense buildings one should actually keep ones mafia stats low! Best would be to drop all mafia members and to avoid gaining new top weapons to get the best out of your defense buildings. A totally new approach to camping.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtisjon View Post
    So why would I buy NEW defense buildings??? With the new rivals list, it will make NO DIFFERENCE! With my stronger D, I will simply get stronger attackers. I don't get it.
    You are right, with the current rival list it would not make any sense (AFAIK -- at the moment def building stats are too low to say anything about their effects anyway). However, sister morphine proposed that the def buildings stats should not be included in the stat matching. It's an interesting suggestion. I think that would help on the def buildings side but not change much about the core problem (see above).

Lurker
    Post Count

defense buildings...

On second thought I like what someone else said boost them by 1000x. It only makes sense. ..I mean a missle turret is worth 42 def and you can only build 50. 42x1000=42000. X50 only 210k def. That doesn't seem like a whole considering the 100days and $25million it takes to build them. And then food for thought figure out what inflation is close to in this game and index them to that. ... say every month their stats go up by 10% Or something and tthat is constant and known. Then you never have to mess with them or hear people complain again. Well once complaints die down

Post Count
    So how are we supposed to upgrade those improved defense buildings if there is always a new LTB going on? What about upgrading one money and one defense building at the same time? Btw, I don't like the new rivals list neither! No need to increase stats anymore.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by -C- View Post
    So how are we supposed to upgrade those improved defense buildings if there is always a new LTB going on? What about upgrading one money and one defense building at the same time? Btw, I don't like the new rivals list neither! No need to increase stats anymore.
    Yup, being able to build and upgrade one money and one defence building simultaneously was part of my suggestion. I'm in complete agreement it's the only way forward with LTBs being omnipresent.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel28 View Post
    On second thought I like what someone else said boost them by 1000x. It only makes sense. ..I mean a missle turret is worth 42 def and you can only build 50. 42x1000=42000. X50 only 210k def. That doesn't seem like a whole considering the 100days and $25million it takes to build them. And then food for thought figure out what inflation is close to in this game and index them to that. ... say every month their stats go up by 10% Or something and tthat is constant and known. Then you never have to mess with them or hear people complain again. Well once complaints die down
    Not nearly enough at my level. 212k would be about 2% of my A/D right now and I do not even consider myself very strong where I am.

Of course this might be different for upgraded def buildings. Still, any stat will be quickly be obsolete by stat inflation. The only solution I see is to give def buildings a relative def multiplier -- perhaps adding just in some tenths of a percent per building level.
    Last edited by Lars; 01-28-2014 at 05:43 AM. Reason: miscalculation

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Yup, being able to build and upgrade one money and one defence building simultaneously was part of my suggestion. I'm in complete agreement it's the only way forward with LTBs being omnipresent.
    Very good suggestion, I fully support that!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Yes, that may be a (partial) solution. Unfortunately, believing in that solution would require me to put faith in Gree managing a delicate balance between attack and defense stats and having defense buildings stats compatible with stats inflation. Given my past experiences with changes and the tendency of attack growing over defense I am lacking that faith.

Oh yes, I agree it's only a starting point for a discussion on the whole robbery aspect of the game. As things stand, the defending player has their mafia strength cut in half when someone tries to rob them. That might have worked up to a point in the old days, but is completely inappropriate now when, as you say, the offence has been so favoured by Gree over defence. Any cut should be reduced heavily, or maybe the D skill stat should come into play here too.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Not nearly enough at my level. 212k would be about 2% of my A/D right now and I do not even consider myself very strong where I am.

Of course this might be different for upgraded def buildings. Still, any stat will be quickly be obsolete by stat inflation. The only solution I see is to give def buildings a relative def multiplier -- perhaps adding just in some tenths of a percent per building level.
    Well of course that's only level 1. Running them up will improve things. Bringing in D skill as a multiplier would also help (for those players who have it). I have 103 pts allocated like that on my HLP. At the moment those are totally wasted, but used to multiply that 212k gives a building defence of 21.8 million. A player with points "invested" in A skill would reduce that down, and even without it wouldn't stop the real monsters in the game from robbing me blind

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by My2cents View Post
    I'm somewhat in agreement with collecting on time as I do most of the time. I really sleep no more than six hours so even NCs are good for me. With that said, I don't want to attack others for the chance that I collect 5 minutes late or go to Disneyland for the day, having a life in general and they have an easy link. I don't see much of iph going into the algorithm cause I'm about three times greater in that than my rivals.
    Really tho... who cares if you get robbed for the whole stash every now and again? Surely it is worth it if you go to Disneyland or sleep in...

Post Count
    I have been robbed few hours ago by a lvl 159 (i'm 230) with 60k IPH. 0.3% of mine. Great job gree!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Under the new system improving my defensive stats actually hurts me.

If stats determine the quality of your rival list, and then defensive stats are cut in half, then improving mydefense causes me to face stronger rivals who I'm less able to defend against.

I'm also a low level, high stat player so I'm rarely a target in wars.

The net / net is that with these changes it actually hurts me to improve my defensive stats. Any items with high defense stats or defensive modifiers are now undesirable for me. Don't want them.

How silly is that.

Post Count

Defense Buildings Improvements

I would like clarification. Are you actually improving existing buildings or are you going g to release new buildings entirely?

And if it is new buildings, have you thought about the time and money people may have put into the current defense buildings?