1/23 Casual Q&A thread - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/23 Casual Q&A thread

Post Count
    1. Why is gold so darn expensive! Couldn't it be like $0.99 for 50, and $20.00 for 1500. I know your answer would be "If we did that everyone that has spent lots of gold would riot and quit the game". So my idea is that you refund all gold everyone has spent for x5 it's worth, thus keeping the system consistent.
    2. I have heard a this so call "Gold Program" It seems to me that it sounds like the last sentence of my first question. Could you explain this is everyone, because others and I sure don't!
    3. Why not take away "Log in everyday for a unit", and add something similar to the scratcher tickets, like a "Spin the Wheel" someone made a thread about earlier. Also make the rewards much better, like the lowest being a 50-100 attack/defense unit, and the jackpot being a 100000 attack/defense unit, as well as the cash prizes thrown in there.
    4. ADD MORE SEA BUILDINGS!
    5. Can you please fix the android bugs?
    6. Can you fix the Amazon Appstore version? I am a kindle user and I have to use a 3rd party appstore (No google play on kindles, but I'm working on hacking mine to allow it to work) to use the lastest version of modern war.
    7. Can your team make a better chat program? All the serious factions (Including my own) use a chat program like groupme or etc. It needs to be fast, easy to use, and be able to have different rooms.
    Thank you for taking time to listen to the players. I know everyone gives you guys a bad rap, but I'm sure your doing your best

Post Count
    Not sure why no one has asked this yet...
    What's up with the drop rate of intel folders? There's a huge thread of players trying to get answers about the drop rate. I think some are willing to spend some gold but not at the rate it's looking like will be needed to compete in the raid boss event.
    Can you comment?

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_ View Post
    Will you guys ever post the Epic Boss info(health,goal units,loot unit percentages)) like you did with the last Raid Boss. Thief's thread is very helpful, but as its title states, it is really a loot tracker and can only estimate boss health.
    Game designers don't really like sharing that much information as a lot of work goes into mapping out the progression of an event and the information can be copied by our competitors. At least, that's why I think we don't post it up. We can post up prizes, but drop rates and difficulty progression probably won't ever get posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-12 View Post
    Wd points
    Quick question(s)!
    If you or more players hit the same target at the same time, are the wd points
    Split between them? Or that has nothing to do With fact that in one hit one gets
    more than the second or third?... If no can you explain why the variation between hits?
    Each hit generates points independently. The current points algorithm offers a lot of variation. I wouldn't recommend trying to find a pattern from it or you'll drive yourself cuckoo.

Quote Originally Posted by psuengineer View Post
    Would it be possible to introduce a new tier (or tiers) to the boss event difficulty, so those players that have eclipsed level 150 are not doomed at having any success whatsoever since they are lumped in with everyone up to level 300? Perhaps making a tiers for 151-200, 201-250, and 251-300 in difficulty. Obviously, this is all under the assumption that the tiers we have surmised through tracking boss health independently are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_ View Post
    Why is the Epic Boss health raised every cycle. All of my Atk gains from one cycle are negated and then some for the next cycle. Standing in one place is bad enough but losing ground really sucks. Also, are there any plans on splitting the 150-300 tier down into separate tiers as Thief has mentioned many,many,many times.
    Our game designers track event completion by tiers and I'm sure adjustments will be made if a large number of players in a level range aren't completing the events. I'll try to check up on this and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by dpghost mobile View Post
    The wd event points are awarded according to the opponents own wd points?
    Like I attack a HLP that is not active during war, I get less, or its just a random that has a too big influence
    you intend to match according to the player average and not the compounded stats?
    I answered the question about matching based on average stats in another answer. Points you get from an opponent are based on a lot of different factors. I don't think their activity during the event is not one of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by twinstorm15 View Post
    2 ?'s:
    1. is there any intent to make valor worth having
    2. during the box events, why are the boobie prizes so bad? $4K, $6K 250 valor, 500 valor, etc.
    1. I answered the valor question earlier
    2. They're like the small prizes you get at the carnival when you're trying to win the life-size stuffed Minion.

Quote Originally Posted by T Rav View Post
    Is there definitely going to be a ltb this WD? If not I can finally upgrade other things. I just don't want to start a long upgrade than be behind on the ltb. Just a yes or no will suffice!
    I don't have the next LTB info available to me yet, but I'm willing to bet yes.

Quote Originally Posted by davecity View Post
    Can you please ask the developers to consider three things:

1) Sorting the inventory items by name. Whenever I get an item, I have to swipe through quite a few screens to find it to see the stats. It's really difficult on an iPhone and many times I just give up. The alternative would be to provide the stats of the item on the little pop-up screen when we are awarded that item.

2) In the My Profile screen, can we have a section that breaks out our individual strength by the four categories of infantry, ground, air and sea? At any level above 30 or 40, it is tremendously difficult to figure out how to better balance your categories.

3) I've accidentally used gold many times. Will you consider allowing the users to 'lock' gold spending? Perhaps by touching the gold amount at the top of your screen you can toggle this lock on and off. When the lock is on, the game won't allow any usage of gold or require a separate confirmation pop-up question.

Thanks
    1. This is one of the most requested features so I'm sure they're considering or working on it.

2. Good suggestion. Will keep it in mind.

3. We probably won't add a gold lock but we have more confirmation buttons coming for multiple features in the game so that should cut down on some accidental purchases.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickINsc View Post
    are there plans to make stamina strategically important again?.....for anything besides attacking or raiding for valor and fake money.....why no stamina based faction events?.....doesn't have to be fvf but something

There isn't anything planned though it seems like a fairly good idea. Do you have any specific suggestions for a type of event that can viably use stamina?

Yes we have had such stamina based events before that i liked. The one where you have to hit 5 guard towers, then 10 barracks and so on. Maybe the better way on that would be all money buildings though even the small ones as that would have more people interested. Another idea would be to add stamina targets to the maps

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Would you guys ever add a feature or consider to be able to trade stuff? like buildings or units and adjust it so no one trades a 30k unit with a 1k unit with their mini or lte buldings.

Also will you guys ever reduce cost of gold w/o a gold sale?

How come you guys dont focus on modern war other than your new games? Modern War is where your loyal costumers are and has got Gree where it is now, it earned Gree a ton of cash and it's popular so wouldn't you agree to just stick with a few games and work on the top games? Correct me if I'm wrong

And thanks for answering my previous question Oracle, sounds interesting .
    Last edited by #Reaper; 01-23-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Post Count
    How about a gold confirmation button or even better a gold bank where you can lock gold like someone said previously?

Post Count
    Round#2
    1- Why CJ choose a picture of a shark/octopus as avatar?
    2- Are you guys doing something about the fact that there is a glitch on health regen
    that A LOT of players are using this to finish LTQ without having to use any gold, while honest players
    spend real money for something others are getting for free ( A lot of talk about this and tickets / emails
    provided by many and still nothing done about it)

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAtWorld View Post
    I am sure everyone here in the forum has sent in a ticket at some point. I just received a reply from a ticket I sent back in October. Having a delayed response at times of high ticket volume is understandable. However, 7 of 7 tickets for me have resulted in no issues being solved. 3 of the responses were not even related to the issue the ticket was sent about. My question is this: are you planning to increase the number of customer service reps or train them better so that the resolution of problems can be done more timely and, dare I hope, result on some actual help?
    Let me paste what I said in another thread regarding tickets.

"1. For stuff we can do ourselves, we will respond and try to take action on the spot. (Transfers, accidental purchases, cheat reports, language violations, gameplay questions)

2. For stuff we WON'T do for some reason, we'll respond to let you know our decision and close out the ticket. For example: You could not complete an event or you were upset about your event placement because your faction placed 1 rank away from the next tier's prize. We won't give you any prizes you did not qualify for in an event, unless something seriously broke on our end. In the past few months, prizes for most events have been credited flawlessly and is based on the rank in the event. For the events that were broken, we got our engineers to push out fixes that credited them to players accounts. We do not manually credit event prizes on a case-by-case basis.

3. For stuff that requires a deeper look at, we will give you a generic response, and add your ticket information to a separate ticket that we have for our engineers. This lets our engineers keep track of the most common issues players are experiencing so they can prioritize their investigations and release bug fixes.

If you have a complaint about the game or an event, we're not going to be able to help you other than passing what you say to the people who designed these features.

If you accidentally purchased or sold something or need help with some feature in the game, then we should get to you pretty soon. If our first response does not help you out and it is an issue that we can actually take action on, please respond back to that ticket."

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickINsc View Post
    one example would be a faction based event where you have to raid a certain number of building types.....knowing that more valuable the building the tougher to find and raid....i.e. the final chapter might be raiding 200 composite factories as a faction......would be easy to run individual at the same time.....im sure others would have better ideas as well....I have 90 stamina....used to be valuable during fvf.....now it just sits there.....would be good to change things up. thanks for asking
    We did something similar in Kingdom Age and it went pretty badly. Tons of tickets of that building type not available to raid in any bases as players went through and smashed up each others bases and no one wanted to repair their base.

Quote Originally Posted by Durt McGurt View Post
    What about the ability to adjust skill points? Some players *cough Me cough* have over 200 stamina points. Some have hundreds into attack & defense. Perhaps the ability to adjust a percentage of skill points per month for the player friendly price of free.

The game is drastically different than it was when most of us started. Having skill points in areas that actually help us enjoy the game would be nice....rather than where we put them a year and a half ago.
    I think the reason why the game designers have decided against adding skill point refunds is that they're worried about players switching to all energy for LTQ's and then switching back to all attack/defense for WD and etc. They might be willing to implement it if there's a once-a-month limit or something on it but I'd have to talk to them to know for sure why they haven't added it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Jaden View Post
    2. I have heard a this so call "Gold Program" It seems to me that it sounds like the last sentence of my first question. Could you explain this is everyone, because others and I sure don't!
    3. Why not take away "Log in everyday for a unit", and add something similar to the scratcher tickets, like a "Spin the Wheel" someone made a thread about earlier. Also make the rewards much better, like the lowest being a 50-100 attack/defense unit, and the jackpot being a 100000 attack/defense unit, as well as the cash prizes thrown in there.
    6. Can you fix the Amazon Appstore version? I am a kindle user and I have to use a 3rd party appstore (No google play on kindles, but I'm working on hacking mine to allow it to work) to use the lastest version of modern war.
    7. Can your team make a better chat program? All the serious factions (Including my own) use a chat program like groupme or etc. It needs to be fast, easy to use, and be able to have different rooms.
    2. For players who spend a lot in our game, we offer them a way to get the extra bonus gold that we offer going from tier to tier. If you submit a ticket about it we can offer more information about it.
    3. Players hated scratchers. We added daily rewards. Players hated daily rewards and wanted scratchers back. Sometimes I feel like 50% of the playerbase hates any feature at any given time and when it's replaced by another feature, the other 50% hates it.
    6. Unfortunately we don't support the Kindle versions of the games anymore Amazon has a separate app approval process and it was too much of a pain to keep the game updated.
    7. It's pretty hard since we don't have code that is optimized for chat. Third party chat developers spend all of their time developing their chat app so we'll never be able to match them functionality-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyk View Post
    Not sure why no one has asked this yet...
    What's up with the drop rate of intel folders? There's a huge thread of players trying to get answers about the drop rate. I think some are willing to spend some gold but not at the rate it's looking like will be needed to compete in the raid boss event.
    Can you comment?
    Sorry to hear about the frustration with the low drop rates. Unfortunately I don't set the drop rates but I'll let the event designers know.

Quote Originally Posted by #Reaper View Post
    Would you guys ever add a feature or consider to be able to trade stuff? like buildings or units and adjust it so no one trades a 30k unit with a 1k unit with their mini or lte buldings.

Also will you guys ever reduce cost of gold w/o a gold sale?

How come you guys dont focus on modern war other than your new games? Modern War is where your loyal costumers are and has got Gree where it is now, it earned Gree a ton of cash and it's popular so wouldn't you agree to just stick with a few games and work on the top games? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    1. Nope. Balancing trade in a game like this is almost impossible. The cons outweigh the pros of releasing this feature and if we released it without good checks and balances in place we'd probably irreversibly destroy the game.

2. Short answer, no. Longer answer, our analytics tell us no.

3. Modern War is still our top game and it gets the most developmental focus of any of our titles actually.

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-12 View Post
    Round#2
    1- Why CJ choose a picture of a shark/octopus as avatar?
    2- Are you guys doing something about the fact that there is a glitch on health regen
    that A LOT of players are using this to finish LTQ without having to use any gold, while honest players
    spend real money for something others are getting for free ( A lot of talk about this and tickets / emails
    provided by many and still nothing done about it)
    1. That's actually a photo that we took of him.
    2. If there's any new information feel free to send in a ticket and we'll have our engineers take a look. We have tons of system checks in place that prevent players from altering their health regen. The way the game works, there's client data and there's server data. Some players can manipulate their client data so from their end it looks like they're "hacking" the game. Once they trigger a check in the game, the server compares its data to the client data and reverses any client data that it sees as incorrect. So it may look like you spent 20000 energy but once the server knows you only had 1000 energy, it'll reverse what you did and it'll trigger a warning to tell us to smack you in the face with the banhammer.

Post Count
    more questions,

1. Why were Crime City players given 300 gold for some "Minor" errors? I won't rant about our errors, but I think we deserve something.
    2. Why aren't there any units/gold given out anymore? I remember the daylight chaser, the one year veteran, and a few that followed. It was always fun seeing that splash screen with "We thank you for your support" on it, I wish it was there every once in a while.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    I think the reason why the game designers have decided against adding skill point refunds is that they're worried about players switching to all energy for LTQ's and then switching back to all attack/defense for WD and etc. They might be willing to implement it if there's a once-a-month limit or something on it but I'd have to talk to them to know for sure why they haven't added it.
    Thank you for your feedback. Perhaps the ability to move 10% of your skill points 1 time per month would be a good solution. Or if the code would not handle it...perhaps a set number per month (50 a month? 30 a month?) Something as players who have been supporting from the beginning are begging to move them around.

Bonus Question:
    If you were stuck on a deserted island, What three things would you bring?
    **(can not answer with boat/car/plane/etc. No service providers either)**
    McGurt Assisted Living
    I just sh!t my pants. PM for details.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks for this thread , very informative . I know you've answered the valour question earlier , but here's a suggestion make refil packs purchase able with valour , even if it's 50 k to 100 k valour for one refil at least we can do something with it , at the moment for all the good valour is you may as well get rid of it

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Does two people attacking a wd target at the same time affect points

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is freakin awesome! Thank you!
    Last edited by bruner; 01-23-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Count
    would there be more frequent faction events that use energy?