The Answer??

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Answer??

Post Count

The Answer??

With all the complaining about hyperinflation of stats, I came up with an idea. (Gasp)
    Why not have some apocalyptic type event were as all the stats come crumbling down? Crime City earthquake anyone? Who ever scored the best or won or w/e could keep a percentage of their city (IPH) probably on a sliding scale, but all the stats would be demolished.
    I think it would be a win/win for all, Gree would win on gold sales on the mad rush to regain stats through whatever mode they chose. (hopefully less inflated) and everyone would get a clean slate. During such time, they could work out some of the minor or maybe major kinks that have been well established in the gmeplay. i.e. the disincentive to raise your IPH, Defense buildings, etc...

I suppose some will say its not fair to all the people that have been paying for gold, but that argument is already in play right now.

What say you Crime Cityer's?

Banned
    Post Count
    What say I? Umm, please go crawl under whatever rock you just came from and take this idea with you. It should never have seen the light of day to begin with.

Post Count
    at least im not complaining....

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer 420 View Post
    at least im not complaining....
    Neither am I. I don't like the direction the game is going, but I at least can see that GREE ignores every single idea we've given them for months now, and doesn't listen to any of our complaints. So I don't waste my time with them. Which gives me more time to explain why this is the most retarded idea ever! Lucky you!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisseppe17 View Post
    Neither am I. I don't like the direction the game is going, but I at least can see that GREE ignores every single idea we've given them for months now, and doesn't listen to any of our complaints. So I don't waste my time with them. Which gives me more time to explain why this is the most retarded idea ever! Lucky you!
    You haven't really explained anything, your post was more of an arrogant opinion. People start mini accounts all the time, why not just restart the whole thing if the game is dying anyway?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    No need, Gree are already making a great job of turning hoods into rubble, there will be plenty of deserted hoods with tumbleweed blowing around the way things are going, they are pricing the vast majority out of the game..

Consistent Contributor ILikeTheAbuse's Avatar
    Post Count
    I've only spent what GREE deserved to get for what they gave me... I've already gotten my money's worth. That said, this is a Horrible idea because a lot of people haven't. A lot of people pay for the future benefit, whereas I paid for what I've gotten.

You could trash it by percentage to bring it back to the point where working toward map goals and RP purchases meant something, again, but to give a clean slate is to simply steal all the gold (rent money and a new car, for some) that people paid for their advantage in the game.
    -just a sucker with no self esteem

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    A fool and his syndicate are soon parted

Post Count
    dis iz a gr8 idea yo

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeTheAbuse View Post
    I've only spent what GREE deserved to get for what they gave me... I've already gotten my money's worth. That said, this is a Horrible idea because a lot of people haven't. A lot of people pay for the future benefit, whereas I paid for what I've gotten.

You could trash it by percentage to bring it back to the point where working toward map goals and RP purchases meant something, again, but to give a clean slate is to simply steal all the gold (rent money and a new car, for some) that people paid for their advantage in the game.
    People that pay are always going to have that advantage and will be given the opportunity for that advantage in the midst. I think a shake up would be good for this game.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Bad idea. The people who spend the massive amounts of money / gold on this game have paid for every item in their inventory it would not be fair to those ppl who are in gb program spending 10k a mo. That would be the quickest way to bankrupt gree. A bit of free gold may be in order around 500 not enough to make a dent in current ltqs but in the future if requirements of e are a little lower that would cause ppl to buy that vault to finish. Apparently there was an e glitch but gold sales were higher. Why? Im not sure but it may have to do w the fact that you could only go so far wo gold. Just thoughts gree just thoughts. Ps if you make uzis 5for 1g you guys would sell a lot more and raid boss would be almost as lucrative as war, as every syndicate would try to complete it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Two words for this event...... Mass Refund.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer 420 View Post
    You haven't really explained anything, your post was more of an arrogant opinion. People start mini accounts all the time, why not just restart the whole thing if the game is dying anyway?
    If I have to explain why taking years of people's time and hundreds of thousands of dollars (hell, more like millions) and then erasing everything is a bad idea....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I like Montecore's idea better of:
    Build Crime City 2. Transfer over accounts and credit players 50% of gold spent. I'd actually say 25% though. Though I'm not sure how much in-game progress to transfer over since you'd be crediting a fair bit of gold.

If we're gonna suggest a massive change, why not do it right. Code it from the ground up.

I may have actually butchered Monte's idea. But credit where I heard it first.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sam0621 View Post
    Two words for this event...... Mass Refund.
    I agree! Can't argue with that!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    I agree! Can't argue with that!
    not trying to pick a fight here, but why? has gree wronged you?