Hey GREE why are most weapons so heavily weighted toward attack stats now?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey GREE why are most weapons so heavily weighted toward attack stats now?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Hey GREE why are most weapons so heavily weighted toward attack stats now?

A perfect example of this is the current LTQ prize which is 160k att & 90 def.

I feel like my attack stats have grown really well, but defense has really stayed flat. Looks like I'm gonna be getting pummeled badly this war, but then again I'll have no trouble finding targets of my own.

It would just be nice to get things evened out again.

Banned
    Post Count
    It's all so newer players can increase their attack faster and be able to beat/rob people who have played for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisseppe17 View Post
    It's all so newer players can increase their attack faster and be able to beat/rob people who have played for ages.
    No, we have answered this a few times. It has always been this way (uneven), and always will be this way. Attack is more common because if we bump defense up too much, it decreases the playerbase's ability to find targets. If people can't find enough people that they can potentially win against, they quit playing out of frustration since this is a pvp game. It's that simple. So defense remains rare (and valuable).

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Some of the big gold spenders aren't liking it much because now they're being robbed by little gold spenders like myself.

I just nailed my friend earlier who easily spends 4-5x the amount I do & he was like "WTH, I'm getting robbed by you little miss tightwad!"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    No, we have answered this a few times. It has always been this way (uneven), and always will be this way. Attack is more common because if we bump defense up too much, it decreases the playerbase's ability to find targets. If people can't find enough people that they can potentially win against, they quit playing out of frustration since this is a pvp game. It's that simple. So defense remains rare (and valuable).
    Exactly what I said...newer players join, and unless their attack is bolstered a lot and older players' defenses remain weak, they won't have targets to hit. It's how you guys keep newer players interested and also responsible for stat inflation. And all because y'all just want that extra dough....

Post Count
    This is only a fraction of the frustration. The cost are the main source.

Let me ask y'all at Gree a question. How many vaults would you guys purchase to play this game per month?

Exactly what I said...newer players join, and unless their attack is bolstered a lot and older players' defenses remain weak, they won't have targets to hit. It's how you guys keep newer players interested and also responsible for stat inflation. And all because y'all just want that extra dough....
    No, that is not what I said. Although that is something that can happen, but it doesn't happen all that quickly. It's not just about newer players, it would be the same if everyone had been playing for exactly the same length of time and suddenly the game turned into the equivalent of bumper cars. That wouldn't be very fun either.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch Down View Post
    Let me ask y'all at Gree a question. How many vaults would you guys purchase to play this game per month?
    +1 for the lols

But you know that's the consumers job, not the developers.
    No, I'm not who you might think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

Consistent Contributor Blowin Smoke's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch Down View Post
    This is only a fraction of the frustration. The cost are the main source.

+1 for the truth

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    All these attack mods make war funner to me...
    And no way I could've transitioned from top 100 into top 25 if it wasn't for these mods

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by candyson View Post
    All these attack mods make war funner to me...
    And no way I could've transitioned from top 100 into top 25 if it wasn't for these mods
    Easy. Throw more of your income down the drain. Any top 25-er will recruit you then.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Easy. Throw more of your income down the drain. Any top 25-er will recruit you then.
    I don't have the cash to drop $100s on an LTQ...

Proud Member of Bones, top 10 now

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by candyson View Post
    I don't have the cash to drop $100s on an LTQ...
    No offense, but then how did you join a top 25 team? Those teams demand a crapload of gold spending just for wars, I'm sure you had to spend tons to keep up in stats.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    No offense, but then how did you join a top 25 team? Those teams demand a crapload of gold spending just for wars, I'm sure you had to spend tons to keep up in stats.
    Lol. The other thread he just posted in said get over it.. He cant make up his mind.. He doesn't have hundreds for an LTQ and is a top 25er but says get over it when others make comments about high game prices.

Banned
    Post Count
    And this is what makes high spenders and high iph players quit out of frustration.

Defense should be a stat one can actively invest in, not just be some pathetic side effect. I have always said high IPH players should be able to affect their defense stat heavily. This is the reason this game sucks for a lot of folks, high spending and otherwise. If I want to make myself a fortress, I should be able to.

Again, another example of gree only considering one play style, and therefore, flushing this game down the toilet.

Here is YET ANOTHER IDEA YOU WON'T CONSIDER: try having some items with only attack. Make +1 upgrade mods purchaseable for a MODEST AMOUNT OF GOLD, to a limit of about 5, and ALSO make it so defense buildings act as defensive items. Make defense buildings SCALE to your ridiculous stat inflation by being percentage based, based on your attack. You could even mix a fixed number with a very small percentage, say .001%.

If I decide I want 100 million defense, I should be able to achieve it by investing resources at my disposal to do so, be it in game cash or real money. This isn't even counting my previous ideas for income.

Make your game better and stop screwing around.