Gold today is worthless 24 hours later

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold today is worthless 24 hours later

Post Count

Gold today is worthless 24 hours later

All the gold y'all spent over the last few days is pretty much worthless come the next event prize.

I'm going gold free on all events now. Thanks Gree y'all made it easy to decide.

Southen Rebels - Rank 22
    Southern Rebels II - Rank 86

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Agree with OP. Gold is worthless.

What's next Gree? Running 10 LTQ's at the same time?

Your are completely clueless and ruining this game with your greed. People are fed up and rightly so. So many people are quitting and there's only going to be more if you carry on like this.

So wait, how is the gold spent worthless the next day specifically? I'd honestly like to know what the specific gist is here.

Post Count
    +1... how can u have a 2 day ltq when u have a 3 part sltq with another day left

Post Count
    oh...I have become gold free player for any events...except war....its too bored to get the same events every month....

If Gree still want to make same events for every month....probably I will quit too.....
    Last edited by abstraxlim; 01-21-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    believe it or not, guys, these events aren't meant for everyone to finish. if you want to be one of the top players, spend the money. otherwise, take your middling prize and move on. there needs to be some incentive for the guys who spend thousands every month and that doesn't occur if everyone is finishing every event. no one is forcing us to participate in these ltqs, but don't expect to be able to compete with the players that put the effort (ie spend the gold) to get these prizes.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    So wait, how is the gold spent worthless the next day specifically? I'd honestly like to know what the specific gist is here.

Really? how hard is it to get this?

Well, Touch Down obviously exaggerated a little bit, but he has a point. Stats inflation devalues the gold. Ok, the stats for attack/defense increase but no one is getting stronger, unless they keep up with the gold expenditures, because the same stats inflation makes it easier for everyone to gain stats. That means that what you spend now will be worthless and considered "weak" by the majority in "some" time (it's hard to know since even stats inflation is increasing), but its obviously a really short time. <----- I forgot the apples

Add that ^^^ (stats inflation) to gold costs, which is considered by the majority high.

Basically what you're doing is:

1. keeping the gold prices the same (which is real money, the majority's)
    2. Devaluing gold along with statuses

You guys at Gree are fooling everyone. Yet you don't know your game, when you ask these questions it's like asking "what's going on with the game", same as poor or no costumer service. Sorry pal, that's a fact.

Edit: One suggestion though. Have the ones who have to interact directly with costumers and their points of view play the game, level up, spend some money if you want, make them have player experience. It works.
    Last edited by TooFlyRobbie; 01-21-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well said Bartolo and I agree, that with higher energy cost, the amount of people that complete events are reduced to those that want to lay out the RL$$ to do it.
    What I have an issue with, is running 4 LTQ's simultaneously.

The value of gold/prizes is and will continue to dwindle. That will always happen. Dropping 4 vaults in an event 10 weeks ago to get a top prize would be equivalent to going halfway through an event today.

It's like this CJ, every event requires more and more and more money to stay competitive. Spending gold on an event gives you no advantage if the next event is twice the money and twice the stat gain. It's becoming a joke. The things that MADE this game great like communication, strategy, and teamwork no longer matter. It's all about disposable income. You're rich? You win. We may as well stand around a fire and play a game of chicken throwing hundreds in. That's all that matters now.

Consistent Contributor steamboatwilly's Avatar
    Post Count
    @bartolo...
    I find it amusing how players come on this board to discuss thoughts and concerns and somehow, someway there is always one player that pops out of the woodwork to defend big brother. When most of the players in the thread have a valid point and you spew your Gree love about moving on and not voicing concerns about how Gree has become so greedy. We all put a lot of time and effort into this game and Gree is destroying it event by event. Enough will never be enough with this company and players like you will defend them till the last breath.
    Last edited by steamboatwilly; 01-21-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Smartphone autocorrect

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I say have an event that you have to search hoods for builds to hit then pvp attacks and back to builds to rob, pvp attacks make it a syndicate event give us some work pay out for time spent searching. This is pay win. Don't pay lose.
    our just add a buy now button on each event now save people time. do the event or skip to the end buy end prize now 1.5 vaults lol
    Last edited by HTCBC; 01-21-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    "The pot calling the kettle black"
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I won't shut up no, I will ignore someone who has not had any constructive posts in there entire time hiding behind a fake forum account though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I'd also like to add this is not true. I was never helpful whether it was my time of the month or not.

Consistent Contributor ILikeTheAbuse's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not the next day, but within a couple months? If I blew 4 vaults for some awesome 20k atk super-prizes a couple months ago, but someone else saved their gold until now to get 100k atk super-prizes for the same cost of 4 vaults, then my spending back then was worthless.

Why spend $400 now when if I just wait a couple months it will buy me a much greater stat gain? You provide no incentive to spend now. Those who spend now will feel like they got ripped off when they see the first 500k atk prize that you guys release in a couple cycles.
    Last edited by ILikeTheAbuse; 01-21-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    -just a sucker with no self esteem

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    A fool and his syndicate are soon parted

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_pitcher13 View Post
    It's like this CJ, every event requires more and more and more money to stay competitive. Spending gold on an event gives you no advantage if the next event is twice the money and twice the stat gain. It's becoming a joke. The things that MADE this game great like communication, strategy, and teamwork no longer matter. It's all about disposable income. You're rich? You win. We may as well stand around a fire and play a game of chicken throwing hundreds in. That's all that matters now.
    i agree it use to be that you needed to spend 1 vault of gold to finsh a ltq now you have to buy loads of vaults just to finsh 1 ltq event it is alot of money . i am a mild gold spender and i have cut down so much on gold spending because events cost so much money it is off putting , i use to buy at least 1 vault when i brought gold but this time i only brought half a vault with no plans at the moment to buy more. i could buy a weeks worth of food for £80 same price as a vault of gold. i brought 10 dvds and a book from my suppermarket for under £20 last week.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    To say that gold is worthless within 24 hours is perhaps a stretch; nonetheless the concept of worthless varies amongst players.

The gist of what I'm attempting to add here is this: Gold does become worthless to many players within a short period of time (e.g., A Limited Edition item costing roughly 70 gold now fetches you stats equivalent to LE items that use to cost 450 gold; common/uncommon crate items are now equivalent to previous rare items & etc.)

Granted, these are only 2 examples & the inflation didn't happen within 24 hours, but still, in any regard the changes make gold worthless to the consumer. I do not believe there was ever any rationale given as to why hyperinflation started & continues to chug along? To deny inflation of stats doesn't devalue gold, therefore making it worthless to many overnight, would be wrong.

Consumer input should be valued in order to ensure a better product, not challenged?

For the individual who started this thread, your post was taken out of context. I understand your frustrations & they're valid to every consumer.
    Last edited by Flapjacks; 01-21-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
    believe it or not, guys, these events aren't meant for everyone to finish. if you want to be one of the top players, spend the money. otherwise, take your middling prize and move on. there needs to be some incentive for the guys who spend thousands every month and that doesn't occur if everyone is finishing every event. no one is forcing us to participate in these ltqs, but don't expect to be able to compete with the players that put the effort (ie spend the gold) to get these prizes.
    Hey there Chachi, you're not getting the 1st part of 5 prize without gold on the new LTQ. Middle prize? Who is taking the middle prize gold free? Anyone?
    Last edited by RuckusX; 01-21-2014 at 01:28 PM.