Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Guild war match ups

Okay I'm curious here. My guild didn't gem up this war because we didn't like the rewards so we stayed around 250-400, something like that. However more than half the guilds we fought were top 25. RR, war, konoha, CT, ivillage, ect. Does anyone know what determines how guilds get matched up? Did we get these tough battles because we placed 50th in the last big war? This is the only explanation I can come up with...

Just wondering, thanks!
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

Not to sure

I believe its based on how many ppl are in the guild im not to sure but that's what Ive heard

Average Level

Nuff said.

in the past (early wars) i noticed never going outside a 50 difference in ranking, this seems to have changed, hell we even faced a rank 500 guild, i almost felt sorry for those guys.
    but in blitz we fought with just 20 members and faced mainly guilds with 20 or so members.

This has been a question across all Gree games since Gree existed. The first war was very evenly matched & as the algorithm has evolved we become more like the other games.

RNG + time declared / # of Members

So the best goal is 3 members who all have epic+ GW epics. Essentially making them unstoppable against their usual competition?
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Thanks for the input. We will see if the amount of players in the guild has an affect cause I fired some non actives during the war. Although we also placed poorly this go around so maybe that plays a role. Ha! Who knows is right.
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

Just check up one what your guild bonus % is.

We have 9/9/10/10/10. With full membership in a war we fight at least 2 rainbow guilds and 2 other top-tens per day. This war we had our usual ~28 battles. We fought a top 15 guild 13 times.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Well we have been 100-250 every single war since the first and always about 10 people shy of our max, while never fighting any top 10 guild ever. After the last big war during Christmas time we got 50th and the guild exploded with people and was maxed out. Now, the war this past weekend we fight 3 top ten guilds and about 10 more top 50's, while we placed poorly. Hmmm yeah I would say y'all are right, member count has to play a role.
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

My guild was in the top 10 the whole war, and one time we faced a guild that was not even in top 250. I got sick of looking, so I'm not sure how far down they were.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

I think guild bonus must have a bit to do with it as well as member numbers. We're close to maxing out our bonus but havent been very strong lately and still come up against a few top 50 guilds.

Surprised JStar or Daenrys hasn't posted here yet. I know our guild, The Iron Throne, was matched with guild after guild in the top 50, including 2 in the top 10(Majestic and Death Knights). It was just ridiculous, we didn't even bother with those wars(we are a mostly non-gemming guild, a few members buy a handful of gems, but the rest of us only use the free ones we have on hand at the time of war), we'd just wait the hour out and re-declare. Normally we face at least 1 or 2 guilds outside the top 200(we usually rank between 50-100), but not a single match-up that far out this time. I think the worst guild we faced was like rank 130ish or so.
    Member of "The Iron Throne" Maxed out Swampstone Platemail+ Fenris+ Headless Horsemen+ Ravenlord+ Storm Sorc+

Imagine you're writing the code that governs how guilds are matched up.

You'd probably consider factors such as guild level, element bonus, levels of members, members stats and other things in order to get the best and most even match up possible. You'd try to write some complicated algorithm that compared all these relevant factors.

Now imagine you writing code that governs how guilds are matched up, and you work for GREE.

Lightbulb Easy

Believe what you want I couldn't care less, it's based on:

Time Declared and Average Level

If you think it's # of players in a guild your probably stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Prince View Post
    Believe what you want I couldn't care less, it's based on:

Time Declared and Average Level

If you think it's # of players in a guild your probably stupid.
    and you know this how?
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)