Page 1 of 2 12 Last

(iOS) Blitz war 6 graph

I wasn't able to be as involved this war due to outside commitments, so this graph is less detailed than usual.

Three Rainbow guilds in the top ten this time!
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

Why don't we have someone like you over on Android?

Good job every one , we end in rank 14 , but cafe retired ruined everything ..
    Thanks Beth .. You alone now doing the graph .
    the best guild ever UNTOUCHABLE
    T1 every weak, T3 when we slack.
    Touch for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah 101 View Post
    Good job every one , we end in rank 14 , but cafe retired ruined everything ..
    Top 25 saw some last second excitement. A few guilds decided to pour it on for the final fight and jumped way up in the rankings. HamSlam might not have seen Poland and Godz coming - they dropped 5 spots to end up in 27th and didn't seem to be trying that hard. FtB was trying hard but looked they didnt count on Poland jumping 10+ spots and dropped to 26th.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by BethMo View Post
    I wasn't able to be as involved this war due to outside commitments, so this graph is less detailed than usual.

Three Rainbow guilds in the top ten this time!
    The rainbow guild results are bogus. RR spreads out among their weaker guilds for blitz wars and boosts them into the top 10. They fall right back to their usual spots in the regular GWs.
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pale Rider View Post
    The rainbow guild results are bogus. RR spreads out among their weaker guilds for blitz wars and boosts them into the top 10. They fall right back to their usual spots in the regular GWs.
    I wouldn't call that bogus, I'd call it brilliant generosity.* Rainbow actually had seven guilds in the top 100 this time (along with a few lower). With the prize structure, spreading out the spenders allowed them to earn 8-12 boosts for up to 280 people instead of 20-25 boosts for 40 people. (And most of those 200+ usually-lower-ranked players need the boosts more, too.)

*Disclaimer: I'm a member, so discount opinions appropriately.
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

Quote Originally Posted by BethMo View Post
    I wouldn't call that bogus, I'd call it brilliant generosity.* Rainbow actually had seven guilds in the top 100 this time (along with a few lower). With the prize structure, spreading out the spenders allowed them to earn 8-12 boosts for up to 280 people instead of 20-25 boosts for 40 people. (And most of those 200+ usually-lower-ranked players need the boosts more, too.)

*Disclaimer: I'm a member, so discount opinions appropriately.
    I like RR and the people in the RC. But I think the top 10 finishes should have an asterix, since the results weren't produced by the actual guild members.

I get the rationale, but this is pretty much a zero sum game. So spreading the benefits of heavy spenders to more guilds pushes other guilds down further than they would be if RR just took #1. Also it's much less fun if you happen to get matched up with one of them. Based on guild metrics the guilds should be competitive but whoops there's a couple of guys from RR gemming hard to ensure the win. If I went to a level 1 guild where everyone was level 11 and wearing 2 stars, I'm sure I could have a big impact, but would that be fun for anyone involved?

RR can exploit game mechanics all it wants. I'm not opposed to it. But I wouldn't be as excited with my guild's finish if a few guys from a much higher ranked guild dropped in to pump it up. There's a pride to earning your rewards that usually exceeds the value of the reward itself.* So I would refuse that sort of "generosity."

* At least for me. Obviously a leech feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Machine View Post
    Why don't we have someone like you over on Android?
    rusty finally appears on forums?
    Android, Level 140+ (Retired)

Maxed:
    1) Kerstman's Shroud (+)
    2) Blazestone Mantle (+)
    3) Maelstrom Irons (+)
    4) Bronze Chromatic Mantle (+)
    5) Blazebourne Vanguard
    6) Forgestone Aegis
    7) Soulshard Nercomancer
    8) Northerner's Battlegear
    9) Tectonic Mantle

Non maxed:
    1) Armor of the Devoted

I like RR and the people in the RC. But I think the top 10 finishes should have an asterix, since the results weren't produced by the actual guild members.

I get the rationale, but this is pretty much a zero sum game. So spreading the benefits of heavy spenders to more guilds pushes other guilds down further than they would be if RR just took #1. Also it's much less fun if you happen to get matched up with one of them. Based on guild metrics the guilds should be competitive but whoops there's a couple of guys from RR gemming hard to ensure the win. If I went to a level 1 guild where everyone was level 11 and wearing 2 stars, I'm sure I could have a big impact, but would that be fun for anyone involved?

RR can exploit game mechanics all it wants. I'm not opposed to it. But I wouldn't be as excited with my guild's finish if a few guys from a much higher ranked guild dropped in to pump it up. There's a pride to earning your rewards that usually exceeds the value of the reward itself.* So I would refuse that sort of "generosity."

* At least for me. Obviously a leech feel differently.
    Really? This much whining over an FBA war? Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah 101 View Post
    Good job every one , we end in rank 14 , but cafe retired & ruined everything ..
    I blame Sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of the Eunuchorn View Post
    Really? This much whining over an FBA war? Pathetic.
    Wow -- you're pretty sensitive. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. Good luck with the name calling. Hope you get that sand out of your Vag.

I blame Sparkle.
    Me too , Hahahah ^_^
    Touch for life.

Top 25 saw some last second excitement. A few guilds decided to pour it on for the final fight and jumped way up in the rankings. HamSlam might not have seen Poland and Godz coming - they dropped 5 spots to end up in 27th and didn't seem to be trying that hard. FtB was trying hard but looked they didnt count on Poland jumping 10+ spots and dropped to 26th.
    Believe it or not I don't even look at leader board , I just attack without stop ^_*
    Touch for life.

I didn't realize ppl actually participated in FBA wars

I didn't realize ppl actually participated in FBA wars
    Why so cheap now? Spend $100,000 on a cell phone game, yet won't spend on FBA to be top dog? FWIW, DK would rip RR to shreds.