Gree explain this strategy to me

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gree explain this strategy to me

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Gree explain this strategy to me

You give crap prizes to individuals that get hundred and even thousands of kills which requires a TON of gold, but you give away rediculiously high stat prizes to teams getting streaks. Most of these streak teams are just super high stat players, which are prize junkies btw, and they just sit there using minimal gold to win because 99% of the teams can't touch them. Why don't you make the streak prizes weak so that you get your high stat monsters spending stupid amounts of gold again, and give us guys coming up the ranks some decent units for dropping 3 vaults to get 500 kills.

Another thing I would like confirmed is this WD point scoring theory. It is believed that if multiple people hit the same target at the same time, the points received will be a lot less than if only one person was hitting that target. This would explain why you find a low stat high level player that is perfect for getting 450 WD points from, and 1 out of 3 times you will get 200 points. Is this part of the point computation algorithm?

As always... Thank you for your time CJ and you other mods. Great job on Crushing Chile. It ran, so far, as smooth as butter.

Post Count
    You are all around the forum my man, go make war a little kill people lol.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Bro I have 4 kids. MW is my escape. I used to smoke crack. A vault is a little cheaper! Lmao

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus. View Post
    That's because he is a sad trolling twat that litters this forum with his utter crap contradicting himself in his every other post. As they say, there is one born every minute.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus. View Post
    Hello Romulus 😄

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Still looking forward to your answer CJ. I'm gonna bump this thread everyday til we get a response. Anyone else have some legit questions thy would like answered? I'm not going to threaten to quit over this and I promise to keep it civil from now on. All I ask for is an answer... Even if it's "No, you are wrong", and "No, we think its fair to give mega prizes to factions that hide amoungst the top 4000 and use minimal gold, and No you don't deserve crap for spending 4 vaults to get 700 kills."

Thanks mods!
    Last edited by DTA-HOG; 01-20-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Consistent Contributor goldacre84's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think if you're spending 3 vaults to get 700 kills knowing the prize is rubbish...you need your head examining!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I'm spending that to maintain top 25 in my faction. 500 is 3. 700 is 4 btw.

Hey, please don't bump threads to get them mod attention (if everyone starts doing that, the signal to noise ratio goes south), but I appreciate the constructive attitude.

I do see where you're coming from, but the streak goals (as far as difficulty->reward) were designed more with the people who are NOT the top monsters in mind. It's not that you don't deserve crap for the standard war effort, although it is possible that the standard WD prizes could use a bump in terms of bonus strength* or whatnot, and that's worth looking into.

*For what it is worth, the designers are looking into some ways to make some of the not-as-valued bonuses more worthwhile through other gameplay elements, which should also significantly bump up the overall value of placing higher in the rankings.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Someone throw this guy a box of Kleenex for cripe sakes!

Articulate Author alphakennybody's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DTA-HOG View Post
    You give crap prizes to individuals that get hundred and even thousands of kills which requires a TON of gold, but you give away rediculiously high stat prizes to teams getting streaks. Most of these streak teams are just super high stat players, which are prize junkies btw, and they just sit there using minimal gold to win because 99% of the teams can't touch them. Why don't you make the streak prizes weak so that you get your high stat monsters spending stupid amounts of gold again, and give us guys coming up the ranks some decent units for dropping 3 vaults to get 500 kills.

Another thing I would like confirmed is this WD point scoring theory. It is believed that if multiple people hit the same target at the same time, the points received will be a lot less than if only one person was hitting that target. This would explain why you find a low stat high level player that is perfect for getting 450 WD points from, and 1 out of 3 times you will get 200 points. Is this part of the point computation algorithm?

As always... Thank you for your time CJ and you other mods. Great job on Crushing Chile. It ran, so far, as smooth as butter.
    Who said streakers dont spend a vault or even vaults, trust me it cost to win streaks to, and if you think it doesnt go ahead and give streaking a try and see why those units are nice, and you don't have to be freak string to win. IJS
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, just ask McGurt.

UPDATED!!! Wanna Run Naked, here's your chance:CLOSED

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey, please don't bump threads to get them mod attention (if everyone starts doing that, the signal to noise ratio goes south), but I appreciate the constructive attitude.

I do see where you're coming from, but the streak goals (as far as difficulty->reward) were designed more with the people who are NOT the top monsters in mind. It's not that you don't deserve crap for the standard war effort, although it is possible that the standard WD prizes could use a bump in terms of bonus strength* or whatnot, and that's worth looking into.

*For what it is worth, the designers are looking into some ways to make some of the not-as-valued bonuses more worthwhile through other gameplay elements, which should also significantly bump up the overall value of placing higher in the rankings.
    CJ, the problem is that, despite developers' intentions, the lower groups are not reaping the benefits of the streak rewards due to high-powered splinter factions dominating matches among the weaker rankings.

Articulate Author alphakennybody's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreGoJ View Post
    CJ, the problem is that, despite developers' intentions, the lower groups are not reaping the benefits of the streak rewards due to high-powered splinter factions dominating matches among the weaker rankings.
    GSF said it best whoever spends wins, im sorry its not gree setting the standard, it the guys you think are crazy for spending on a app(keyword APP), also its not how much you spend but how you spend it, if you're smart.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, just ask McGurt.

UPDATED!!! Wanna Run Naked, here's your chance:CLOSED

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post

Will this fix bd in place got the next war, also will it possibly lesson the chances of a 1000 team been matched with a 150 team which had happened to us allot this war, that's not to mention the streak teams we faced,

There has to be more done to fix the issue other wise the true reason to start and grow factions will be lost, the walls are nearly non existent with the streak teams already, as you just said the reason to hit the cc is for more points against teams that you can't hit so make the points higher for hitting the cc, there are so many ways to stop the streak teams with out changing your formula, easiest one is to make the rewards less appealing with no bonus and make the reward better in ranking as you have just said,

After all there only set up for the streak reward and there not spending much gold because they don't need to when there matched against teams that can only hit there cc, not fun at all, 30 of our match ups where like that

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thanks for the quick comment CJ. Great job maintaining the traffic in chile to you and your team. I do see your point, and many do benefit from this, but I think more harm is being done than good. Take the 8 threads we have now on match ups. Those would all be depleted if streak teams were put into a different category for matchups or else don't make it so tempting to break off your faction and go kick some top 4000 butt.

Could you please comment on the points scoring algorithm theory? Thanks