GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss - Gemello - Quest Info

Post Count
    Level 75- 75xp+ Garboosa 7559/11339
    Level 85- 85xp+ Dud'eh Viceroy of Persecution 14235/9490

Post Count
    Well, considering I have never shown you any disrespect whatsoever, that was pretty f'ing rude to me, the "No offense meant" not doing a thing to alleviate the rudeness, condescension and borderline hostility of your post.

When you created your thread about the mini ruining the game, I thought it was an attention-grabbing headline, and obvious that the the only reason the mini exists is in reaction to Gree penalizing leveling. I didn't realize that you yourself ACTUALLY blame the mini which is a middle step in a cause-effect cascade, but apparently the one you take issue with, rather than taking issue wit the root cause, that of Gree penalizing leveling. You sound more than a little bitter about minis on a personal level I am now seeing. It is not the fault of the players who created minis - it is clearly the fault of Gree for forcing us to create minis if we want to score decent CP. Blaming the reaction to the root cause of the problem is extremely short-sighted. It is the problem of penalizing leveling that should be blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    Zenobia...

The Epic Boss has always been heavy on low-level players for the longest time I can remember. At least 10 levels worth, anyways. The first one I completed fully, 50 kills, was also the first one I participated in, and I gained something like 15 or 20 levels at the time.

You don't want 25% Beast Attack, 20% Infantry Defense, and you want to selfishly hold potential kills back when Days 6 and 7 roll around for your guild all because you want to keep your precious llp a low level? No offense meant, but f'ing get real. That mindset is a major issue of the game right now, Epic Bosses have never been a free stroll in the park, and the EXP gain potential, to me, is considered enough to justify the bonuses.

Or, you could just have it sit in a guild, do nothing, and gain EXP only from the guild quests as it selfishly builds from doing nothing. That's why the Guild rewards this cycle were dropped so much (at least I believe so). Just imagine if you didn't have a good weapon for your precious llp, it really wouldn't get anywhere.

I'm a bit harsh, but really, that's just silly.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 01-19-2014 at 02:19 PM.

All your manor are belong to us.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Zenobia, I agree that the initial action is GREE's. They have perverted the entire concept of RPG games to pursue profit. To divorce your reaction from accountability is wrong however. You can choose to give in to the upside down scenario Gree has created or to stay with your guild and take the rewards you are limited to.

For most of us, we don't have that choice, we don't have the stats to do the whole mini guild thing. So it's easy for us to to poo poo your choice. I don't poo poo you, but I can't agree that you are not perpetuating the problem with your choice. If I could do it, I probably would too. Sucks being human, a born sinner.

Post Count
    Not that it is any non-Crow's business what I do to contribute to my guild, but should we run into any difficulties completing the end days of the Epic Boss Guild Quest (which we will not), I fully intend to make as many extra kills from my main as it takes to ensure we, all the HLPs, mid-levels, LLPs and minis in my guild, get all the guild prizes. And if it made a difference to my guild completing a quest or not, but cost my mini a few levels, I'd take the XP penalty without hesitation. The assumption that I am being a selfish person with regards to the guild quest is an unwarranted and offensive misjudgement of my character for anyone to make.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 01-19-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    *munches popcorn*

Post Count
    Honestly, I just lack tact. Usually come off as an a-hole even when trying not to. I like to stir things up and gets folks thinking a pinch, the whole mini bit was just that, a theory put out there to see what others thought. Also, I'm guilty of a mini myself, I just don't restrain myself too much and just sort of do whatever with it. Then again, that might be why mine, although powerful for it's level, isn't as crazy as others when it comes to the A/D per level ratio. It is GREE's base fault for the penalizing via levels, I'll agree with you there.

And yeah, silly of me to make an assumption. I know plenty about how you break down assume, and it bit me there. It really did sound sort of silly once I read your post two or three times though. You sort of came off as the extreme spectrum of pro-mini and anti-gree with the rehash of the experience being a penalty discussion though. Anyways, just wanted to clarify.

Also, I'm more bitter when it comes to dealing with retired FUN members (FUN5, anyone? Those matchups sucked ass) than when it comes to minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Well, considering I have never shown you any disrespect whatsoever, that was pretty f'ing rude to me, the "No offense meant" not doing a thing to alleviate the rudeness, condescension and borderline hostility of your post.

When you created your thread about the mini ruining the game, I thought it was an attention-grabbing headline, and obvious that the the only reason the mini exists is in reaction to Gree penalizing leveling. I didn't realize that you yourself ACTUALLY blame the mini which is a middle step in a cause-effect cascade, but apparently the one you take issue with, rather than taking issue wit the root cause, that of Gree penalizing leveling. You sound more than a little bitter about minis on a personal level I am now seeing. It is not the fault of the players who created minis - it is clearly the fault of Gree for forcing us to create minis if we want to score decent CP. Blaming the reaction to the root cause of the problem is extremely short-sighted. It is the problem of penalizing leveling that should be blamed.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Post Count
    You are right - it IS silly of me to think if I say it in enough different ways in response to different aspects of it that come up here, that Gree might actually listen. But when it comes up, I think, "maybe, just maybe someone at Gree will actually read this thread and further actually get it. Yes, I am silly that way, lol.

BTW, I did get Etteron the Lichslayer on my mini with only a few levels' penalty. In my experience, it does penalize us more XP these last 2 bosses than it did that first 100-boss reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    Honestly, I just lack tact. Usually come off as an a-hole even when trying not to. I like to stir things up and gets folks thinking a pinch, the whole mini bit was just that, a theory put out there to see what others thought. Also, I'm guilty of a mini myself, I just don't restrain myself too much and just sort of do whatever with it. Then again, that might be why mine, although powerful for it's level, isn't as crazy as others when it comes to the A/D per level ratio. It is GREE's base fault for the penalizing via levels, I'll agree with you there.

And yeah, silly of me to make an assumption. I know plenty about how you break down assume, and it bit me there. It really did sound sort of silly once I read your post two or three times though. You sort of came off as the extreme spectrum of pro-mini and anti-gree with the rehash of the experience being a penalty discussion though. Anyways, just wanted to clarify.

Also, I'm more bitter when it comes to dealing with retired FUN members (FUN5, anyone? Those matchups sucked ass) than when it comes to minis.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Honestly of the xp is too high for you, dont do the quests. Maybe it just makes sense to me but when i look at a new quest, i run a cost benefit analysis for xp gain, cost to complete the event and time spent. If i determine it is worth it, i push, if not i pass. If you want to be able to just wildly go into every event and do them all, then play a level 200 player. If your goal is to maintain an optimum level to atk/def you need to think it out more.

Devils advocate argument from a level 200 player could go the opposite way. Why should all these minis continue to push past my player that i have had forever. Damage has been done with stat inflation already in most cases but it at least gives these guys a small fighting chance in that they can gain units the LLP's cant.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Wait till the next war and the change the xp for battle wins. The bigger the difference between levels the more xp you will get. Minis will gain 50 to 70 levels per war.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If you don't think the XP is worth the prize the don't do it. Stop asking Gree to put out quests that favor your character. STFU and quit. I am sick of hearing LLP bi%*ch about XP.

HLP disadvantaged in war and LLP disadvantaged with XP. It is the best solution we will get from them.

Shocker, this useful thread with prizes and good information even went to crap.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by akaoshi View Post
    Funny that a mini can't do LTQ cos xp is high, can't do epic boss cos xp is high, can't have a weapon for LTQs, is useless for raid boss, so why to start KA now when Gree is killing all new character?
    Time to quit a game where developers kill fun
    To be honest , as a level 178 with a 2.7 mil attack , who started playing before all this stat inflation , I have a difficult feeling sorry for all you minis with same attack I have complaining about getting too much xp on high level bosses. It is a way for gree to even things a little . This is way gree chose to let the game progress. So you guys can kick my butt in the wars and get your 500+ cp, and do level 100 of the epic , while it takes me 7 gold hits at level 13 . As long as gem players continue to line gree's pockets for every event , this is the way itis going to be .

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    If you don't think the XP is worth the prize the don't do it. Stop asking Gree to put out quests that favor your character. STFU and quit. I am sick of hearing LLP bi%*ch about XP.

HLP disadvantaged in war and LLP disadvantaged with XP. It is the best solution we will get from them.

Shocker, this useful thread with prizes and good information even went to crap.
    Amen - dude , see my reply too

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I rarely agree with LarryDavid, but this is one of those times that I do. Its really annoying hearing llps complain about the xp on every single event. Look at the xp, if you think its too much don't do the event! LLPs whine that its too high, while HLPs have a tough time getting past lvl 30. I dont like the level penalty anymore than any other low level player does, but if you look at the game from outside you will see that this is the only possible way for it to go as long as they refuse to remove the level cap.

Post Count
    Yes, that is exactly what I did. I calculated the total XP penalty for completing the epic boss (27k) and posted it in this thread so that everyone could use that information to decide for themselves whether to complete it or not. How many levels it would cost is an estimate because the only info I could find on the exact XP each level is now is out-dated (it shows example that it take 43,990 XP to be leveled to 51 but now it is 43,915). For me the cost was 10 levels or so and I chose not to do it.

I shared the total quest XP in this thread in an attempt at being helpful to others considering whether or not to do the quest with a mini, then the estimated levels it would penalize and compared that to past Epic Bosses which DID penalize a lot less, and objected to that change so that Gree knows we know what they are doing... but clearly my attempts at helpfulness here nowadays are met only with hostility on the lines of "STFU and quit".

If Gree would either stop penalizing us for leveling, which no other game maker does because it's stupid, or stop increasing XP to force LLPs to level and therefore be penalized, then I'd gladly STFU about it. Until then, I will share with this community the information I glean that Gree does not openly share, and I will object to their tactics when I believe they are making the game less fun. And anyone who doesn't like it, don't f-ing read my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by taxman View Post
    Honestly of the xp is too high for you, dont do the quests. Maybe it just makes sense to me but when i look at a new quest, i run a cost benefit analysis for xp gain, cost to complete the event and time spent. If i determine it is worth it, i push, if not i pass. If you want to be able to just wildly go into every event and do them all, then play a level 200 player. If your goal is to maintain an optimum level to atk/def you need to think it out more.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 01-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Post Count
    Welp, ain't this dandy. I kind of want to get at least one drop of myself, yet every level 100 boss I kill it's +500 EXP. Oh boy, what to do, what to do... And apparently, bonuses don't stack outside of the unit rewards from these guild related dailies, as my two Gemello dragons only provide the boost once. Oh well. Love that programming.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752