Improvement needed for case events

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvement needed for case events

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Improvement needed for case events

I've read a lot of the posts complaining about case events and whether to use gold or not, and it seems most, intentionally or unintentionally, are missing the most glaring problem with this type of event. While it's true that Free chances give a minimal possibilities of recieving a reward, and gold openings give the best chance of a reward with a 100% drop rate, The real problem is cash openings and/or the consolation prizes. While I am frustrated with the less than worthy rewards for opening with gold, I understand that I use gold at my own risk but for the 100% chance of recieving "something". That said, why spend real money and use gold when I can use in game cash and have nearly the same chance of being at 9/10 on the last day as a gold user? Then to add insult to injury a gold spender gets the same worthless rewards as free and cash openings for a consolation prize... if the drop rate is going to remain near the same for cash and gold openings and both have near the same chance of completing the event (and they have for the 2 years I've played) then Gree should at least put some type of tier system in place for consolation prizes depending on the type of method a player uses to open cases. I understand they try to keep things "fair" for all types of players but if they are truly concerned with making money, they need to give me a better reason to spend real money on this type of event. Seems ridiculous to use gold when all I might get is $40k more cash and 10k more valor in the end, as compared to someone who doesn't use gold. That said, If gold users had a chance to receive better consolation rewards then cash openings you can keep the "fair" aspect of completing these events for free and gold players while rewarding those spending real money with a better prize.

Post Count
    Here is my assessment. you can buy 50 gold bars for $5.00. you can buy 23 million dollars for $5.00. (rounded). So then the game cash value of 1 bar of gold is roughly 460K. So 15 bars would roughly equal 6.9 million. If you spent gold for an open and receive game cash, don't you think that the cash value should equal or close to equal the golds game cash worth. Just a thought.

-----but that would be too high of a cash amount to win in this.
    Last edited by SGT Rud; 01-16-2014 at 07:21 AM.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Great idea SGT Rud, problem being that Gree would then make cash harder to get than the reward and most box opens would just have valour in them.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree Sgt Rud, anything would be an improvement at this time. Seems pointless to spend gold and get the same $4,000 cash as someone opening cases with cash...or even worse is 150 valor for 15 gold! If gold users had a chance at 50k cash or 5k valor or maybe a chance at a unit with 400-500 a/d that would at least appear gold users are being rewarded slightly more than non gold users, and honestly a unit with those stats are not gonna help most gold spenders nowadays, but it's better than getting the same exact rewards as free players and really not having any better chance of completing the event then a free player either.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rud View Post
    Here is my assessment. you can buy 50 gold bars for $5.00. you can buy 23 million dollars for $5.00. (rounded).
    Just so you know the amount of cash you buy for $5 is based on your personal IPH.

------------------

To me this event has beent he worst crate event ever. I went 22 open attempts with cash and nothing opened...i didn't even think that was possible. I almost used gold at one point just because i was tired of seeing sorry but i stood strong.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Well its not really the fact of getting better prizes than a free player. Chance is always involved. Spending gold in this particular event will just give you much better chances of completing it, AND give you a much better quantity of the same items won as a free player. Other improvements could be made elsewhere that would make this event better. Such as better cash units or valor units, something else to do with valor. I really like the idea of trading in units.

Trading in Units- Lets say you have 50 Tank Eliminators (not knowing stats off the top of my head)(so we can say 100/100). While some wont have them making the 3K battle units list. But if you could trade in 5 of them to combine into a single 500/500 Super Tank Eliminator, the chances are better to take it to battle. This would make this event a little more worth it to spend on.

-----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Just so you know the amount of cash you buy for $5 is based on your personal IPH.
    I did not know that. Never bought cash in-game so I never really paid attention to it.
    But I did just find the thread pertaining to it.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...9-Adding-Funds
    Last edited by SGT Rud; 01-16-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Loot definitely needs help. I would like to see some temporary boosts added to the game. These crate events would be the perfect place to obtain said boosts. It would definitely require some new coding but I think it would make a lot of people happier than 150 valor or $4000. For the boosts I'm talking about, the drop rates would definitely be low percentage drops but would be nice when it happened.

These would need to be added to player's individual "inventory". I know GREE can program it because they have similar platforms in some of their newer games for stamina and energy regenerations.

Some examples of temporary boosts for crate event "rare" drop loot:

1. Free Building Upgrade ( one time use)
    2. Instant Upgrade - no gold needed to finish an upgrade (one time use)
    3. 20% Alliance Attack (use during one WD event)
    4. 20% Alliance Defence (use during one WD event)
    5. Upgrade 2 buildings at once (one time use)

These are just a few. Possibilities are many and could really add another dimension to the game.
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 01-16-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Kompu Gacha ain't illegal outside of Japan yet, and they are milking it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I like the temporary boosts idea

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    They used to give out much more in-game cash then they do now. I would also like them to go back to giving Crete in these event. I would collect around 80 every box event.
    I

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Having specific prizes to those who use gold is pretty good idea. I wonder how much a nightmare that would be to code into the game though? Too many easier fixes get ignored so i would guess gree would pass on this idea as well.
    Justice League (Beyond The Dead)

Finished first place in every war. Recruiting active players for our 4 teams. https://groupme.com/join_group/6757157/wRRGFR

I am the Commentator of Comments

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I really like these one time boost suggestions.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I've read a lot of the posts complaining about case events and whether to use gold or not, and it seems most, intentionally or unintentionally, are missing the most glaring problem with this type of event. While it's true that Free chances give a minimal possibilities of recieving a reward, and gold openings give the best chance of a reward with a 100% drop rate, The real problem is cash openings and/or the consolation prizes. While I am frustrated with the less than worthy rewards for opening with gold, I understand that I use gold at my own risk but for the 100% chance of recieving "something". That said, why spend real money and use gold when I can use in game cash and have nearly the same chance of being at 9/10 on the last day as a gold user? Then to add insult to injury a gold spender gets the same worthless rewards as free and cash openings for a consolation prize... if the drop rate is going to remain near the same for cash and gold openings and both have near the same chance of completing the event (and they have for the 2 years I've played) then Gree should at least put some type of tier system in place for consolation prizes depending on the type of method a player uses to open cases. I understand they try to keep things "fair" for all types of players but if they are truly concerned with making money, they need to give me a better reason to spend real money on this type of event. Seems ridiculous to use gold when all I might get is $40k more cash and 10k more valor in the end, as compared to someone who doesn't use gold. That said, If gold users had a chance to receive better consolation rewards then cash openings you can keep the "fair" aspect of completing these events for free and gold players while rewarding those spending real money with a better prize.
    The empirics trend towards GREE pooling different players based on gold balance. Generally the more gold you got on your account the more costly these events get. I have systematically for more than had my gold HLP being outperformed by my free LLP in these events, to such an extent that it beyond any reasonable doubt are another way GREE is screwing with its paying customers.

Post Count
    I think spending gold already rewards you beyond what a free player can get, there is no point in widening the gap more than it already is. Next you will want better prizes for beating bosses with gold or more WD points for refilling your health with gold vs. natural regeneration.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_ View Post
    I think spending gold already rewards you beyond what a free player can get, there is no point in widening the gap more than it already is. Next you will want better prizes for beating bosses with gold or more WD points for refilling your health with gold vs. natural regeneration.
    Let me guess you don't use gold often? I haven't used gold on this crate event in a long time myself but i would still support gold players getting better rewards. Its hard to deny how silly it is for someone to spend so much more to get screwed with the same prizes...

Business wise its a smart idea.. and one that could spur more gold useage with this event.
    Justice League (Beyond The Dead)

Finished first place in every war. Recruiting active players for our 4 teams. https://groupme.com/join_group/6757157/wRRGFR

I am the Commentator of Comments