Which Comms App to Choose!? Group? Line? Kakao? A N Other?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Comms App to Choose!? Group? Line? Kakao? A N Other?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Which Comms App to Choose!? Group? Line? Kakao? A N Other?

OK my Syndicate has made good job of bad system & up until now, managed with 'in house' Syndicate Forum & PMs and despite all lagging etc, we were still able to co-ordinate enough to finish in Top 750 last Battle...

But, this is unsustainable and we need a new system asap; especially as we now have over 40 Members.

I've recently downloaded GroupMe and taken part in 2 separate (realistically 1-1) conversations but, it's not what I expected...

I'll be honest, I'm new to these apps but, I was expecting/anticipating something like a 'chat room'; where all Members are listed, so you instantly know whose on & who isn't (pretty fundamental to run a Syndicate).

NB: I only intend using the comms app on my laptop, at home.

I've seen people talking about GroupMe rooms (for UZI trades / Syndicate Boss Bashing Assistance etc) but couldn't get the Search function to do anything on my laptop...

Not sure about LINE because It looks like i'll have to download it to my phone, just to use it on the laptop!?

ideal world:

in my mind's eye; I'm picturing a Syndicate Homepage- which displays members names & clearly shows On/Off Line with a standard chat page - for members general chatter...

then i'm seeing sub groups for Battle / SLTQ / Raid Boss / Epic Boss (Open to All) & a Closed Officer's Room for tactical discussions & member reviews...

Does such a beast exist?

If it doesn't, could someone let me know where the best guides are to utilising these apps to improve Syndicate Data Flow & Battle Control...

Worst Case scenario - i'll just set up a Syndicate page on FB!
    at least i'll know when members are on line..

Also, after all this, one of our strongest members might not be able to access the damn thing after all, due to security issues...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    groupme is good
    We be clubbin: 75th
    Nightlife : 58th

Now Recruiting

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Raws View Post
    groupme is good
    well must just be me then cos it just doesn't seem to do anything?

is there a user guide / help for dummies!?

Post Count
    We're top 150 and we use Kakao, It's pretty good!
    TOP 150 SYNDICATE
    OUR SYNDICATE CODE: 979 455 437

Consistent Contributor J4CK D4N13L N0 7's Avatar
    Post Count
    palringo - you can see who is online, and can download on desktops (including macs), can also kick people out

groupme - you can kick members from groups, and can access groups via internet browser, so accessible on pc's and macs as well as an app, preset limit of group is 50 i think but you can email them to increase

kakao - cant download on mac desktops, and can't kick people from groups, does bookmark where you last read up to so its easy to catch up on convos. don't believe there is a limit on group size

i've used all three and cant really say i dislike any of them, if i had to choose one it would be group me for the ease of accessibility on mac desktop, but been using kakao for a few months now without any glaring problems!

Post Count
    also you wont be able to search for rooms in most apps, you will need to be sent the invite link

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    thanks Jack

makes it worthless having a search function :O)

what's viewability (members on line) like on groupme (we've got around 45 members but space for 50)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    @Jack

also how do people use it for SLTQs / Battles
    do you have single Syndicate Room or specific rooms for specific events?

Post Count
    dont think you can see who is actually online in group me

we use kakao and like many syns have a main chat room and a intel room, use the main room for any chat, intel room is for event information/rivals stat lists in battle. makes it easy for people to just log on and find a target

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J4CK D4N13L N0 7 View Post
    dont think you can see who is actually online in group me

we use kakao and like many syns have a main chat room and a intel room, use the main room for any chat, intel room is for event information/rivals stat lists in battle. makes it easy for people to just log on and find a target
    that sounds like what I want to do / how I want to operate...

but you say you can't kick group members! so people that leave can still view groups?
    what do you do, change group name?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Line is the best.

Its clean not messy like the others. I would say install them all like i did try them out with your officers first.

I would say we have a good 30/40 crews on line with lots of help rooms STLQ rooms Intel rooms.

but like i said install them try them its the best way
    "The pot calling the kettle black"
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I won't shut up no, I will ignore someone who has not had any constructive posts in there entire time hiding behind a fake forum account though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I'd also like to add this is not true. I was never helpful whether it was my time of the month or not.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    thanks that's what I'm actually doing...

like look of line but don't like fact I have to put it on my phone to work laptop!
    always a catch

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy69 View Post
    that sounds like what I want to do / how I want to operate...

but you say you can't kick group members! so people that leave can still view groups?
    what do you do, change group name?
    No, if someone gets kicked from a group they can't see it any longer (unless they have a friend inside who is screen grabbing and passing to them). A person who leaves by choice can return if they wish (in kakao they can be dragged back in too, not sure if that's the case with others), but an alert is always on the chat if someone exits (or is exited) or joins, so you can see if someone is spying, lol.

I've always recommended groupme before as its relatively straightforward. On my iPad though it has an irritating habit of freezing at inopportune moments. Others in the group get that too. It also doesn't bookmark your place in a chat so you need to scroll right back if you missed something. Kakao does bookmark, and I'm told Line does also. That's a big plus for both.

As for palringo, I couldn't wait to kick it off my phone when I briefly had it. Apparently it's much better on a PC, so that shouldn't affect you personally. Something to bear in mind for the group as a whole though.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    cheers Sister;

just seen that Kakao seems to be mobile only...

so LINE (if I link to mobile) or GroupMe seems way to go...

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy69 View Post
    just seen that Kakao seems to be mobile only..
    Kakao works nicely on PC too
    BRAVO 6 lvl167 7B/3.3B 172mil IPH
    Asphalt Assassins