Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

I have no problem with whoever spends the most wins. That's kind of the way every game is. What I have a problem with is when you don't get top ten you get nothing. You are still spending in most cases just not as much. I have been in top ten before. I have war epics I know how it is. I would have no problems with giving top 25-50 older epics. They did spend money and deserve something

Quote Originally Posted by 09cobaltss View Post
    I have no problem with whoever spends the most wins. That's kind of the way every game is. What I have a problem with is when you don't get top ten you get nothing. You are still spending in most cases just not as much. I have been in top ten before. I have war epics I know how it is. I would have no problems with giving top 25-50 older epics. They did spend money and deserve something
    I agree completely with you ...the wolf armor is a joke for rank 11 and below.

If I dont even want it for a 11 day old alt ...why would anyone with a bit of time in the game want it? stupid

lol. yup agreed. even if I was in their position it would suck big time. its either top 10 or nothing. the guild that gets top 11/12 is the worse. cuz they spend alot and miss out on the armor.

good luck everybody!
    Android, Level 140+ (Retired)

Maxed:
    1) Kerstman's Shroud (+)
    2) Blazestone Mantle (+)
    3) Maelstrom Irons (+)
    4) Bronze Chromatic Mantle (+)
    5) Blazebourne Vanguard
    6) Forgestone Aegis
    7) Soulshard Nercomancer
    8) Northerner's Battlegear
    9) Tectonic Mantle

Non maxed:
    1) Armor of the Devoted

Yeah, what's the point in pushing for top 10 if you can slack the next war and get a plus.
    The Legends
    Legends Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrontiersman View Post
    Yeah, what's the point in pushing for top 10 if you can slack the next war and get a plus.
    Are you implying that a new war epic isn't as good as Tec+? Because if thats not what you are saying you must not have read the original post

You are correct about everything you've said and your original post was a good idea. Pay no attention to the chorus of idiots who endlessly parrot the same comments. The rewards in this GW are truly worthless beyond the top 10. I have a top 50 guild and we've been top 100 in every war since the first on iOS. Getting Top 50 requires some gemming. It's hard to motivate people to use gems for worthless rewards.

I can tell you that we would boost our spend 50% in a heartbeat for old epics (so 1.4 million to 2.1 million and all of that would be gems). More than half my guild doesn't have 3 epics now. They will break out their credit cards for a guaranteed epic (even a "****ty" one).

The only exception would be moon because it's now weaker than an EB+. I know this is true of most of the top 100. If reaching top 50 gave them an epic the cut off would jump massively. There's as much money to be made in the rest of the top 100 as there is in the top 12 gunning for the new epic - GREE just hasn't tapped that market.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pale Rider View Post
    You are correct about everything you've said and your original post was a good idea. Pay no attention to the chorus of idiots who endlessly parrot the same comments. The rewards in this GW are truly worthless beyond the top 10. I have a top 50 guild and we've been top 100 in every war since the first on iOS. Getting Top 50 requires some gemming. It's hard to motivate people to use gems for worthless rewards.

I can tell you that we would boost our spend 50% in a heartbeat for old epics (so 1.4 million to 2.1 million and all of that would be gems). More than half my guild doesn't have 3 epics now. They will break out their credit cards for a guaranteed epic (even a "****ty" one).

The only exception would be moon because it's now weaker than an EB+. I know this is true of most of the top 100. If reaching top 50 gave them an epic the cut off would jump massively. There's as much money to be made in the rest of the top 100 as there is in the top 12 gunning for the new epic - GREE just hasn't tapped that market.
    So how much are you talking about busting the credit card out for? $5? $10? $100? Just curious how much this boost of spending would equal.

I'm curious, how much would people be willing to shell out for an epic in the top 100. Just like there will always be that guild that says "why bother with #4, when we can take #10 and get the same prize"... I'm sure there will also be those guilds that coast at the end taking 98th and such for as little as possible.

Considering the top arena prizes are now Epics, and people are still shelling out lots of $$$ for those, do you think they'd give them away on the cheap during guild war, when they still give old Dragon Event armors away in the 40x chest specials? They're getting anywhere from $60-100 for those chest specials, depending on sales and such. I can't see all of the top 100 increasing spending by that much for an old epic during a guild war. I imagine people spending as little as possible to stay in top 100, or even top 50. Hell, I bet there are guilds that could still do it for free, and would. Also, with the older epics already able to be fused, what epics would you see them giving away to make people WANT to spend to get it? If they don't want the newest and best (relative) why would they want something they could fuse for? Do you see why I doubt people would start shelling out that much more money during a war?

I could easily be wrong though, but I don't see them giving away old epics when they still are able to use them for other rewards, and rake in the money. I'm sure my delusional view of the $ spent is clouding my judgement here obviously, and someone will do the math on $5-10 from everyone in the top 25-125 will be leaps and bounds over what they could generate from chests/arena prizes, etc. I'm of course figuring there will be a grand battle of even 25 guilds for that top 100 cutoff for that shiny old epic.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Are you implying that a new war epic isn't as good as Tec+? Because if thats not what you are saying you must not have read the original post
    You should probably take all of your vast experience in the top ten game and apply it to 5 seconds of research. Tec + has similar stats total to the non plus war epics... So what he's saying is ... why would we bother spending thousands and thousands of gems to secure our top ten position when we could slack and easily crush a top 20 spot if it meant getting a + version of an old epic, which has equivalent stats to a non plus current epic?
    Retired: Heisenberg (Android)
    Maxed Armor: Sky Majesty +, Beastmaster +, Blazeborne+, Moontide+, Kerstman, Arborsteel, Blazeborne, Maelstrom Irons, Tectonic, Bronze Chromatic, Druidic, Sandstorm

Should Gree be making new Legendary armors to hand out during guild wars? Maybe. Probably... personally when I was in a top 25 guild I would have been psyched to get an older non + epic for placing 11-15, it would open up 5 more sought after slots.

For 16-20 and beyond I don't know, some new higher stat legendarys would be kind of cool. Or, with the amount of epic fusion going on, hand out fusion candy. Trust me, giving the 16-25 guilds multiple legendaries and some fusion boosts isn't going to hurt top ten's feelings.
    Maxed Armor: Sky Majesty +, Beastmaster +, Blazeborne+, Moontide+, Kerstman, Arborsteel, Blazeborne, Maelstrom Irons, Tectonic, Bronze Chromatic, Druidic, Sandstorm

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    So how much are you talking about busting the credit card out for? $5? $10? $100? Just curious how much this boost of spending would equal.

I'm curious, how much would people be willing to shell out for an epic in the top 100. Just like there will always be that guild that says "why bother with #4, when we can take #10 and get the same prize"... I'm sure there will also be those guilds that coast at the end taking 98th and such for as little as possible.

Considering the top arena prizes are now Epics, and people are still shelling out lots of $$$ for those, do you think they'd give them away on the cheap during guild war, when they still give old Dragon Event armors away in the 40x chest specials? They're getting anywhere from $60-100 for those chest specials, depending on sales and such. I can't see all of the top 100 increasing spending by that much for an old epic during a guild war. I imagine people spending as little as possible to stay in top 100, or even top 50. Hell, I bet there are guilds that could still do it for free, and would. Also, with the older epics already able to be fused, what epics would you see them giving away to make people WANT to spend to get it? If they don't want the newest and best (relative) why would they want something they could fuse for? Do you see why I doubt people would start shelling out that much more money during a war?

I could easily be wrong though, but I don't see them giving away old epics when they still are able to use them for other rewards, and rake in the money. I'm sure my delusional view of the $ spent is clouding my judgement here obviously, and someone will do the math on $5-10 from everyone in the top 25-125 will be leaps and bounds over what they could generate from chests/arena prizes, etc. I'm of course figuring there will be a grand battle of even 25 guilds for that top 100 cutoff for that shiny old epic.
    I thought about the cost and assumed 300 gems average with 40 members. Cost would be about $30 each or $1200. But let's say it's really half that amount on average. It's still a lot more guilds. 90 guilds dropping $600 each is $54,000. That's substantial for GREE.

No one is seriously vying for the top prize in arena because they actually want the epic. The rewards are VERY good up along the way up to 150k. Beyond that it's a status thing.

You're ignoring the elephant in the room. Epics are already falling behind current boss armor in stats. GREE can't motivate spending with old armor rewards without changing their stats. It's not Epics per se - there simply is no legendary armor that's worth leveling pre-krampus or from the DP chest. So GREE either makes some new armors with better stats between the current EB+ and Epics or it starts giving away more Epics.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

But wouldn't that just increase overall spending, and still cause a "We spent just as much, and got garbage" thing for lower ends?

The rank 101 guild might spend just as much as rank 100, and instead of getting an old epic, they get an old EB+ instead?

Aka, just shuffle the garbage a bit lower?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx254 View Post
    But wouldn't that just increase overall spending, and still cause a "We spent just as much, and got garbage" thing for lower ends?

The rank 101 guild might spend just as much as rank 100, and instead of getting an old epic, they get an old EB+ instead?

Aka, just shuffle the garbage a bit lower?
    Not everyone wins a trophy in the real world. Someone has to finish 11th, or 101st.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sharp View Post
    Not everyone wins a trophy in the real world. Someone has to finish 11th, or 101st.
    Even still though in KnD luckily you do get rewards, unfortunately for rank 11th it's a painful "trophy"

All I see it doing is lining Gree's pocket with more money, honestly.

Because then all those people who were content with the 101-250 prize will now suddenly want to push for the 25-50,51-100 prizes, and then there's just more guilds who will come here and then QQ about how they spent $100s and got only a crappy EB+.

Don't get me wrong, I think the prize drop off is ridiculous from 10 to 11.

But still, they have to ensure there's no drastic drop in prize "quality" from one rank to the next, or that a lower rank has technically better rewards than a higher rank.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx254 View Post
    All I see it doing is lining Gree's pocket with more money, honestly.

Because then all those people who were content with the 101-250 prize will now suddenly want to push for the 25-50,51-100 prizes, and then there's just more guilds who will come here and then QQ about how they spent $100s and got only a crappy EB+.

Don't get me wrong, I think the prize drop off is ridiculous from 10 to 11.

But still, they have to ensure there's no drastic drop in prize "quality" from one rank to the next, or that a lower rank has technically better rewards than a higher rank.
    The drop off from 10 to 11 was always this ridiculous, but it's just the fact that it feels really heavy right now since the Epic is the best (Stat wise) and the Legendary is mediocre at best.
    In all honesty, we could of seen this coming really and personally I wouldn't be surprised if the drop off would be even worse from today on forward.