Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

I understand people can move to a top ten guild but that really doesn't solve the problem. Only 400 people on each platform get anything. That's the issue. Some people don't have the budget for top ten. Others just don't have the armors. Why does everyone think that the only people who spend money in this game are in the top ten guilds? The point is gree is giving no one else any incentive to spend. And trolling them with old boss armors will just make people quit the game. And that's bad business period

Gree makes way more money off chests than wars, don't kid yourself. The population flow in the game is hard to grasp from our perspective. My baby alt was #170k on EB leaderboard; I guarantee you 70%+ of those ppl haven't been playing since the 4 dragon BKal event & these bosses are totally new to them. It took me 8 months to get bored of EBs. Gree doesn't give 2 flips if every player in top 10 guild quit tonight.

What maybe would be a solution would be have a 6 star armor for top 10 where #1 gets the +.
    top 25 a epic+ and top 50 a normal epic. That way the rewards would be spread better so getting top 50 is even a good competition. About the chest thing, personally I stopped buying chests, chances of an epic are low and some people spend more as > $300 total on chests to even try it. especially if they don't have an epic yet they do that. But after getting the first 3 epics most money goes to guild wars since the prizes and epics there are new an a little more powerfull then the current chest epics, although I can't say that about druid.

My Arby+ cost 11,000 gems. I won't be buying chests for awhile but that is as much as I've spent across several wars & I know plenty of players who are happy with top 10/25 but drop 5-7k gems for every new epic+

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    My Arby+ cost 11,000 gems. I won't be buying chests for awhile but that is as much as I've spent across several wars & I know plenty of players who are happy with top 10/25 but drop 5-7k gems for every new epic+
    According to the iTunes stats K&D is making $12,000 per day on iOS from in-game purchases. There seems to be a lot more spending on iOS than Android, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that the total is less than $24,000. The top 12 guilds are aggregating the highest spenders but don't kid yourself into thinking they represent all or even a majority of the total spend. It's still a numbers game and that 480 is less than .5% of all active players.

Every guild in the top 200 has players who spend money. As do a lot of guilds 200-5000. There are always players spending money in my guild - me among them. We just won't drop enough to crack top 10. But since there are 20 times as many members in the top 200 as there is in the top 10, we only have to spend 5% of what a top 10 member spends on average to equal the same return to GREE.
    Clearly we aren't doing it for the rewards. We do it because guilds and guild wars are the only fun part of this game. Everything is else is tedious at this point. But there's a lot of cognitive dissonance about spending money to finish higher in a guild war purely for the sake of it. I can live with that, but most of the players in 15-200 can't. They want a return for the investment that isn't a slap in the face. Frankly, it can be disproportionate to the benefits in Arena or EB. It just can't be so bad that half the guild wants to not particpate in the war.

I am hemmoraging members and have been for awhile. All of them are leaving the game, not guild hopping. Those that stay all report they are staying because they like socializing with guild members. The price of that is particpation in GWs. Making them eat ****ty rewards makes it harder. Basically I'm asking my members to participate very heavily or gem and the only reason is because they like to socialize with each other. Hence my earlier request to GREE that they help me help them.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Pale that is exactly what I was talking about. If people want to make the argument about not give old epic + fine but that's missing the point of the whole post and focussing on the wrong thing. It almost seems as if people are trying to troll on one thing in my original post instead of viewing the whole picture. And wars/arena pushed gree profits way over 5 million in 30 days. So I would doubt there is more money spent on chests than wars/arena

I think bringing up chest revenue is a little off topic here. It's distracting from the issue and the point of the original post. Like that television commercial, the oldest trick in the book. Looketh over there. Ha! And so endeth the trick. Great now we're looking over there and talking about chest revenue, which wasn't the point originally.

So, forget about Chests. If Gree wants more money, boosting the rewards below top 10 would definitely get them more money. It's bad business for them to continue not recognizing this.

I like the idea of giving more 4* armors as fusion candy.