Matchups: worst ever let's hear. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchups: worst ever let's hear.

Consistent Contributor Toddiekska's Avatar
    Post Count
    Just asking for clarification. I've been in a top 25 guild for a while, we are fairly coordinated 24 hours through, and yet running into a top 4-9 guild can kill our streak very easily.
    So a regular guild of say 50 people have half of the people playing (as you said), that would be 25 active members throughout a day. Perhaps this is double the number of people in a splinter guild? Even so, most of their stats are much lower than that of the splinter guild's average member. Taking down a GG requires two PA's at least, in that case, thus two players down for the count from the normal guild. I guess I still have issues seeing how splinter guilds have it so rough.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's not the algorithm that motivates splinter guilds, it's the reward system. Guild streaks and guild wins paying off with greater prizes than guild cp does.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My point wasn't that splinters have it rough but rather that they are the best strategists in the game.

Shiloh, Of course it is the reward system. But I would also argue it is also the challenge that motivates - the 56 is one of the most difficult things to do in this game. period.

And also, regardless of the reward system, good players will always find a way to beat it IMO.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    My point wasn't that splinters have it rough but rather that they are the best strategists in the game.

Shiloh, Of course it is the reward system. But I would also argue it is also the challenge that motivates - the 56 is one of the most difficult things to do in this game. period.

And also, regardless of the reward system, good players will always find a way to beat it IMO.

completely agree with that last comment

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It is the prizes that drive splinter groups, from this last war how many people can say they increased their stats by over 1 million. My guild can....

More than ever now, guilds have to decide who they want in their guilds. Founders have to cut out dead weight because the dead weight hurts you more than ever. It's not splinters that are hurting you, it's members that do not participate. We all know roughly how guilds are matched up, so dead weight is just making it harder on your guild. Especially in guilds top 300 and back, dropping a couple million in stats of dead weight makes a world of difference

Lurker
    Post Count
    Attacking the castle shouldn't be the only workable strategy.

Post Count
    splinters are driven by the accomplishment of winning 56......the rewards are great...BUT .....IMO....its the greatest achievement in the game right now and it does take more than just gems to get 56 wins......

strategy ... effort.....sleepless nights.....yes gems too.....leader board watching.....there are MANY things that make a splinter successful

KA: 630-568-270

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I love how people think splinter groups have it so easy.
    While splinter groups have better than average stats, that is only advantage they have. Splinter groups have fewer members than most of the guilds they will fight. So they have to communicate, coordinate their attack or out spend their opponent. While most splinter groups have an easier time to get to 50 wins, streaks are still hard to achieve. One key lose over the course of a weekend is the difference between getting 56 and falling short.

That said, you don't like being in a top 500 guild and meeting splinters? Top 50 guilds are running into splinter groups, top 1250 are running into splinter groups... Splinter groups are going to happen. It's dedicated players that want to play with serious players. I have no problem with that and prefer that than going back to top 300 or worse guilds where half the members are never around...
    Why are you defending gree? I might be wrong but that's how your posts to me. And all guilds have to communicate and coordinate not just splinter..I would not think it's any different from one guild to another.
    Not sure how much pvp you have done in the past. But with every game I have played that involves pvp, balance has been a big factor. Companies will nerf, buff, then nerf players time after time to keep the balance as even as possible.
    To me that should be no different hear, if there is a problem with the code and matching then it should be tweeked.
    Do I believe we should just roll over and live with it, no we need to be vocal,if we don't then nothing will get changed.
    So far all gree has done to players is buff our stats, more so the higher the rank in wars or the more gems you can buy.
    No form of balance can come out of this..fine..so they need to look into their coding on matching to even it out, if the first tweek they did made splinter guilds start to form, fine..but don't stop there, tweek it again, keep monitoring how it's working and tweek when needed.

When guilds came out did we join guilds to do ltq's in one then change to a different one to fight in wars? Should we have to break apart our guilds into smaller splinters for war? Was all the work spent gathering donations for guild bonuses and building the best base we can, a waste of time?
    Or did we join a guild to have fun with others, build the best guild base we could and fight in wars as a team?
    The current coding goes against a lot of what I just said.
    I don't expect to win them all, never have. But I do expect a chance at victory. Not finish scouting and learn we have no targets but for a castle.
    If participation from guild members is a issue for you, then your guild founder and officers need to address it and remove said people and find new people.
    Last edited by Valid or; 01-14-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    Daily player

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I never meant to diminish the accomplishment of splinter guilds, I, being in the non elite crowd simply think they compromise the wars for the rest of us. IMHO, the war would be better off with no matching algorithm at all. We ranked 121 this last war and had as much chance scoring on SB as a guild ranked 1250.

It's no surprise that to me it's this way because it's more gems usage overall and that's better for Gree. Out of curiosity, what to top guilds do when 6-12 of their strongest players splinter off? Do they just sag in the rankings?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    You say it's not a complaint but yet you specify a certain of group that you don't like because you can not beat them. If it's not a complaint as you say, then why mention this group at all? When you talk about how a group of players play the game has affected your enjoyment of the game it's a complaint, simple as that. Anytime you mention the negative side of something it's complaining, simple English.
    I don't see it as a complaint at all. It's an observation based on his experiences.

I don't see him saying anything but pointing out the significant difference in game play from what it once was. Teams reasonably equal fighting it out and having fun.

What I see is your own vested interest as a streak team player who takes advantage of that. I see you as being negative towards the OP. On your own definition of complaining, you should not have responded at all in a negative way.

I see he has every right to properly put issues on this forum as he sees them. That is one of the primary purposes of a company possessed forum. To identify customer sentiment and issues as the arise.

You are not without other negative posts either. What is OK for you is not so for others unless it advances your own vested interest.

Is it positive or negative? Negative to whom?

To not say something contrary does not advance us. We would never challenge any norm and your 'world would still be flat'.

For many, it's not 'the world according to you'.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddiekska View Post
    Just asking for clarification. I've been in a top 25 guild for a while, we are fairly coordinated 24 hours through, and yet running into a top 4-9 guild can kill our streak very easily.
    So a regular guild of say 50 people have half of the people playing (as you said), that would be 25 active members throughout a day. Perhaps this is double the number of people in a splinter guild? Even so, most of their stats are much lower than that of the splinter guild's average member. Taking down a GG requires two PA's at least, in that case, thus two players down for the count from the normal guild. I guess I still have issues seeing how splinter guilds have it so rough.
    I was a one man splinter this war. Yes my stats meant I was untouchable for all but maybe 2/3 guilds I faced, but facing guilds with 30-40 players against 1 gives them a distinct advantage. I can get roughly 250 points a hit, they can easily make that up castle hitting if they organise to have enough people on.
    I failed to get the 56 streak, finished with 53 wins. I would of completed it but on 3 seperate occasions at the end of certain streaks I was locked out for the last 5-10 minutes and couldn't get the win. Yet I got in as soon as each battle finished.
    If gree can't screw you on matchups, they'll find another way like a 5 minute lag.
    Last edited by PedroPimples; 01-14-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraiders View Post
    splinters are driven by the accomplishment of winning 56......the rewards are great...BUT .....IMO....its the greatest achievement in the game right now and it does take more than just gems to get 56 wins......

strategy ... effort.....sleepless nights.....yes gems too.....leader board watching.....there are MANY things that make a splinter successful
    Somehow I agree to you, it's not easy to be part of splinter guild. Everyone have sleepless night, need a lot of dedication and gem. I'm not in a splinter but we will usually pass splinter, simply we can't beat them. My lvl 156 toon can able to hit their lvl 50-70 mini or we just hit castle and hope the next match is a good one. Out of 50 matches, we face around 10-15 splinters. I think it's still ok as we're got an hour break to do whatever we need in RL.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I was a one man splinter this war. Yes my stats meant I was untouchable for all but maybe 2/3 guilds I faced, but facing guilds with 30-40 players against 1 gives them a district advantage. I can get roughly 250 points a hit, they can easily make that up castle hitting if they organise to have enough people on.
    I failed to get the 56 streak, finished with 53 wins. I would of completed it but on 3 seperate occasions at the end of certain streaks I was locked out for the last 5-10 minutes and couldn't get the win. Yet I got in as soon as each battle finished.
    If gree can't screw you on matchups, they'll find another way like a 5 minute lag.
    Hey, were you the one who left a note on my wall about me taking down all your boost buildings during war? We could make a great tag team partnership if you can forgo the past and tag team with me for 56 wins next time. How about that? PM me.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Pedro, if you would have completed the 56 streak had you not been locked out then I can only assume you recovered from the lose my guild gave you. You were on war where we couldn't hit the guild but castle hitting against got us a win at the end...

As for the comment about being negative. I didn't say you can't be negative, simply direct it where it belongs. There is no point in getting made at one/three/five or players for joining together because they feel that together they can achieve something that a group of 50 can't. Is there a problem with match ups, sure but what's the solution? Is there something that will make everyone happy, doubt it... Today ten people complain about match ups, it changes and ten others complain, they change it and ten others complain.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I had 6 losses, 3 were unimportant and at beginning of streaks, didn't put up to much effort in these, took tactical losses. 3 where at the end of streaks, the last of these meant I no longer had enough time.
    Not one team put enough points up against me that should've beat me if I got in and tried. Think the highest was about 6/7k. Teams with 30-40 people should be able to strategise and do better than that, even if it's free and only wall hits.