Matchups: worst ever let's hear.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchups: worst ever let's hear.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Matchups: worst ever let's hear.

My guild is just out of the top 500 .
    With out listing everything let me sum up my teams matchups like this . My most recent one (11:30 am Monday ) was against a 20 person team whose GG was 9.6 mil . My guild has 44 players . I have 2 players above 3 mil and 3 players 2.5-3 mil.
    Their lowest player was level 56 with 117 allies whose defense was just under 2.8 mil.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We were a top 150 guild and got Samurai Blood (top 3). That was painful.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I can imagine that being in a lower ranked guild you guys would hit a lot of splinter guilds. That being said- even at the higher ranks we see some pretty crazy matchups and some very impossible splinters with 30 mill stats for a level 60. I guess what I am trying to tell you is that there are always bigger fish and since there are bigger fish there will always be matches that are very tough. I will assume at more than one point in the war your team fought guilds that your team was able to hit and make lots of points easily... Its just part of the game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Horrid matchups. Had 9 matchups yesterday, where we just put our machines down and took a break. They were not all splinter guilds, some were just all powerhouses. On all of the other matches Sunday, we all lined up to hit one target, typically below lvl 50.
    We also matched up with a series of top 25's, (some top 10's), and splinter guilds on Fri, Sat, and today. Oh yeah, we are top 150. The matchups have been so bad that members have stopped showing up.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The splinter guild matchups were worse this war than ever before for us, and we got some top 10 guild action as well, and we are also only a top 150. I continue to be frustrated by this matching.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yea matching wasent very good, but what good dose it do to complain? Gree doesn't listen, and with 3000-4000 people(leader board points) spending gems, we few must be wrong.
    If we are all so un-impressed with gree why do we keep spending?
    Daily player

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    the matching was fine. we ran into guilds we crushed and some that crushed us. nature of the beast. the point of the post is which one was the worst.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    First off, running into more splinter groups. If you didn't see that coming this war you really aren't paying attention. Anyone who was paying attention would have know that there was more splinter groups because of the quality of the unit/bonuses being given based on guild rank.

Secondly, if you guild remained relatively the same members wise in the top 150 or better then your chances of meeting a top guild increased because of those same top guild splintering. Once again, something that should have foreseen.

As for match ups.
    So you belong to a guild and are going out to fight in wars. You have no problem if your guild goes out and crushes some other guild where you completely dominate them. But the very next fight that happens to you and it's not right? You choose your guild, you choose the people you decided to fight with, you choose how you were going to fight. The only thing you can't choose is your opponent but you can have an idea of who you want to match yourself up with. You wanna run with big dogs then don't complain when one runs you done (or several in a row).

I have been in various guilds in my time. This war I select a group of individuals who I wanted to fight with. We decide what strategies worked best and it changes on the fly. Some wars we went out and crushed weaker opponents. Sometimes it was an even fight down to the wire. Then sometimes we finished opponents that crushed us in stats. But we fought as a guild and that strategy took us to 56-1. It's not who you fight, it's how you fight.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think the match-up algorithms need tweaked, seriously. We ended up rank 12 and i think we had maybe a 3 or 4 win streak at best for the war(that's with declaring nonstop for the weekend). On the other hand, i now know half the names of the members of the top 3 guilds along with their stats...
    I would of gem'd a lot more but banging on castle walls when there is nothing to hit is NOT worth gems, ever. I should probably assume with just under 7mil attack at level 78 that i wouldn't be able to hit much of anything in top 10. I was hoping we would be thrown a few more bones as far as match ups though. Oh well, lesson learned.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Ebes, in one battle I gladly refilled 8 times JUST to hit a castle. Means to ends!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Ebes, in one battle I gladly refilled 8 times JUST to hit a castle. Means to ends!
    That's dedication, hope you guys won the war!

Consistent Contributor CTRC(SW) UMBRA's Avatar
    Post Count
    Worst War to date! Match ups where very bad. I don't know how they are configured, but we have a team of 48 and continually were matched with teams of +/-10 members (all below level 100) with stats at 10 million plus. The majority of our team is over level 150 with stats ranging 3-5 million in stats. How is this fair match up? This was not a fun event and we basically gave up and will put our GEMs toward other faction events.

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    I hear ya CTRC. We were continually matched against splinter guilds. They were a total mismatch. These guilds were 7-10 members, very high stats with very low skill levels. Clearly formed to prey on lower level guilds and avoid any competitive balance. Not prohibited by rule, but they sure take the fun out of a competitive event. Our guild decided not to waste either energy or gems and we just put our devices down.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebes View Post
    That's dedication, hope you guys won the war!
    If we didn't do it we would have lost for sure and with it the chance for 56 straight.
    We got 56 straight

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalsfanatic View Post
    I hear ya CTRC. We were continually matched against splinter guilds. They were a total mismatch. These guilds were 7-10 members, very high stats with very low skill levels. Clearly formed to prey on lower level guilds and avoid any competitive balance. Not prohibited by rule, but they sure take the fun out of a competitive event. Our guild decided not to waste either energy or gems and we just put our devices down.
    Once again, something you should have realized before hand.
    You join a guild for some reason, you choose to if you want to stay for some reason, you choose to hit declare and fight other guilds for some reason. Did you lose every war you fought in, highly doubt it. Yet you only complain about the fights you don't win. Why should you win every time? You want to win, change your strategy cause clearly your current one isn't working otherwise you wouldn't be complaining. Also, stop complaining about splinter groups because it's anyone's choice who they go to war with. You always have options, start using them