Matchups: worst ever let's hear. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchups: worst ever let's hear.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Not every guild can win... I hope I met you guys next war

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Once again, something you should have realized before hand.
    You join a guild for some reason, you choose to if you want to stay for some reason, you choose to hit declare and fight other guilds for some reason. Did you lose every war you fought in, highly doubt it. Yet you only complain about the fights you don't win. Why should you win every time? You want to win, change your strategy cause clearly your current one isn't working otherwise you wouldn't be complaining. Also, stop complaining about splinter groups because it's anyone's choice who they go to war with. You always have options, start using them
    It's not what everyone wants to read, but I agree. Splinters are created to take advantage of the matching algorithm, which seems to way total attack the most. So a guild of 10 high stat players will meet a guild of 30 mid/low stat players and win. It makes it very tough for the smaller guild. Our starter guild which used to place around 550 or so gets slaughtered all the time now, and I'm not sure how to combat other than make low stat/low level guilds smaller as well.

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Kraut, we did use an option. We disengaged. Read my observation carefully. Not a complaint as I noted it is not prohibited by rule. I also did not say we expect to win all wars. You made an assumption that is in error. Read before passing judgment.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalsfanatic View Post
    Kraut, we did use an option. We disengaged. Read my observation carefully. Not a complaint as I noted it is not prohibited by rule. I also did not say we expect to win all wars. You made an assumption that is in error. Read before passing judgment.
    You say it's not a complaint but yet you specify a certain of group that you don't like because you can not beat them. If it's not a complaint as you say, then why mention this group at all? When you talk about how a group of players play the game has affected your enjoyment of the game it's a complaint, simple as that. Anytime you mention the negative side of something it's complaining, simple English.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Splinter guilds are not the problem, the problem is with the coding done by gree on how matching works, they altered it to begin with to help with matching, but they obviously dident foresee high stat people forming small guilds to battle weaker opponents, and should be looking for a way to balance it out again.

A simple fix would be to add in guild size into the equation, eg 1-15 members with 30+ mil in stats draws a similar match. Same for 10-25.. If they overlap a bit it would also help with matching times for these smaller guilds. If no match is found within 5-10mins then let the random equation take over...
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebes View Post
    That's dedication, hope you guys won the war!
    See Krayt's post a few above - a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    ... This war I select a group of individuals who I wanted to fight with. We decide what strategies worked best and it changes on the fly. Some wars we went out and crushed weaker opponents. Sometimes it was an even fight down to the wire. Then sometimes we finished opponents that crushed us in stats. But we fought as a guild and that strategy took us to 56-1. It's not who you fight, it's how you fight.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    Splinter guilds are not the problem, the problem is with the coding done by gree on how matching works, they altered it to begin with to help with matching, but they obviously dident foresee high stat people forming small guilds to battle weaker opponents, and should be looking for a way to balance it out again.

A simple fix would be to add in guild size into the equation, eg 1-15 members with 30+ mil in stats draws a similar match. Same for 10-25.. If they overlap a bit it would also help with matching times for these smaller guilds. If no match is found within 5-10mins then let the random equation take over...
    I wouldn't say the problem is with the coding. Most people have a general idea of how guilds are matched up. It's up to the guilds to respond to that matching system. There is no matching system that is going to make every guild happy. 50 wins and 56 streak prizes means there are a lot of guilds that will be taking losses. You know how the matching works (more or less), what the prizes are, build your guild to take advantage.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Has Gree ever stated the algorithm F*%ks you when you are high on streaks? Because it is pretty much a fact. We were 7/8 and got FUN5 (GG 60m?, everyone 30-40m def besides one 25m player). then for the next 1-5/8 we matched guilds with their highest player half of our avg attack.

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Valid, my point exactly, which Krayt seems to be missing. Gree's matching algorithm needs work to fix a competitive imbalance. That's all I was trying to get at. Perhaps not said well, but that's the crux of it, the algorithm has a loophole so to speak.

Krayt, I respect your opinion, but again you assume something not in my original post. I never said we could not beat these groups. I reread my post and I never mention not being able to beat them. You again assume something erroneously.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    Has Gree ever stated the algorithm F*%ks you when you are high on streaks? Because it is pretty much a fact. We were 7/8 and got FUN5 (GG 60m?, everyone 30-40m def besides one 25m player). then for the next 1-5/8 we matched guilds with their highest player half of our avg attack.
    Its proven over and over again in every war. This time we got Laughing Out Loud (56 streak guild) when we were about to finish 9 streak. Impossible mission. Krayts castle hit strategy only works if the other guild dont score enough early on. But if the opponent score 50k in 5-10 min you cant do much with castle hits The most anoying thing is that they already had the units for 50 wins and 56 streak. But still they scored 50k on us in just a couple of minutes.

We have been screwed like this in every single war on higher streaks. The worst is still when we got Band of Smart Alex after 49 wins and had one battle left. Every war we get an impossible splinter or a FUN-guild when we have a 8 or 9 streak incoming. I can guarantee its no coincidence, however I have never seen Gree admit it.
    Victorious Warriors (merged with TheGoodLife 6 times 50 wins)
    Rank 33 in Battle for the Barrens

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by alonibb View Post
    Its proven over and over again in every war. This time we got Laughing Out Loud (56 streak guild) when we were about to finish 9 streak. Impossible mission. Krayts castle hit strategy only works if the other guild dont score enough early on. But if the opponent score 50k in 5-10 min you cant do much with castle hits The most anoying thing is that they already had the units for 50 wins and 56 streak. But still they scored 50k on us in just a couple of minutes.

We have been screwed like this in every single war on higher streaks. The worst is still when we got Band of Smart Alex after 49 wins and had one battle left. Every war we get an impossible splinter or a FUN-guild when we have a 8 or 9 streak incoming. I can guarantee its no coincidence, however I have never seen Gree admit it.
    actually gree has admitted to it just in a round about way....this was posted by CJ in another thread

[/QUOTE]The first and third are true and always have been (we've mentioned as much multiple times) but the second speculation is not. We do tweak things between events (we tweak just about every event, whether it is collect 10 or boss difficulty or drop rates or whatnot, to see what works best). And in collect-10 or collect 20/25 events (but not leaderboards), getting one of the special items decreases the chance of getting the next one. But it does not vary from account to account or take any other factors into consideration; everyone has the same percentage chances as everyone else who is at the same step of the event.

EDIT: Nor does it have to do with level or anything else like that. It's just a flat percentage based on how many of the tokens you already have.[/QUOTE]

please pay particular attention to the part that says "(we tweak just about every event)" translation....we put guilds together that are near the end of their respected streaks to maximize gem spending

KA: 630-568-270

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    When we got our 56 streak, the last guild to end each streak was actually really easy for us. I was preparing for something hard to get in each of those but it never happened. Our hardest fight was number 53, which we thought we were going to lose. The other other tough fights varied but I will say that the biggest reason some were close was because of participation. When a guild of 40 meets a guild of 5, the 40 should win. The thing is that each fight comes down to how many in your guild participate to your guild strategy...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    i'd like to see guilds matched up by member quantity, total raw atk/def divided by overall levels ... which would make everyone almost equal...then we'd see strategy involved...right now the streak guilds are 800 lb gorrillas crushing top 500 guilds...not a lot of strategy my friend.

have laughing out loud, band of smart alex and the rest spend three days combatting each other...same as the top 10 guilds then you can talk about strategy.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by garen argon View Post
    i'd like to see guilds matched up by member quantity, total raw atk/def divided by overall levels ... which would make everyone almost equal...then we'd see strategy involved...right now the streak guilds are 800 lb gorrillas crushing top 500 guilds...not a lot of strategy my friend.

have laughing out loud, band of smart alex and the rest spend three days combatting each other...same as the top 10 guilds then you can talk about strategy.
    You have no idea how wrong your statement is. The single best players - strategy, stats, and everything else in this game either splinter or are in the top 3.

Splinter guilds take so much more strategy, coordination, and intelligence than being a run of the mill top 500 guild with 30 members and only 3 online at once. wake up buddy, you need a reality check.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I love how people think splinter groups have it so easy.
    While splinter groups have better than average stats, that is only advantage they have. Splinter groups have fewer members than most of the guilds they will fight. So they have to communicate, coordinate their attack or out spend their opponent. While most splinter groups have an easier time to get to 50 wins, streaks are still hard to achieve. One key lose over the course of a weekend is the difference between getting 56 and falling short.

That said, you don't like being in a top 500 guild and meeting splinters? Top 50 guilds are running into splinter groups, top 1250 are running into splinter groups... Splinter groups are going to happen. It's dedicated players that want to play with serious players. I have no problem with that and prefer that than going back to top 300 or worse guilds where half the members are never around...