Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Common things that you may have not known - a guide

PLEASE! First and foremost, if you will post anything, let it be usefull information, that helps players. This is not where to ask questions, click someones name and private message them, leave as much clutter out of here AS POSSIBLE!

Id like to start a new - Help for newbies/veterans alike, with weird and strange information about the game you may want to know. I will start with a few things, that I learned myself recently. please add along as much informative knowledge as possible!!!

☼ When combining armor to make better armor, some are better than others for Fusing - for example, Fuse (bronze 1 star) Fire/Wind and Water/Spirit for (gold 1 star) armor that yields up to 50 points for leveling, compared to 20 points for other 1 gold star armors. since these armors are not craftable, they become more valuable. (farm spirit and water armor chunks, then fuse them when you have fusion stones available)

☼When fighting in a level, you will notice that the first enemy will drop 1 experience ball, the next will drop 2 experience balls, and continues until you kill the last enemy, you DO NOT get experience, or any armor chunks until you defeat the last enemy. (so if you use a SPECIAL attack on the first guy, he drops an armor chunk, then the next bad guy picks up everything the first guy drops. when enemy 2 dies, enemy 3 will pick up everything)

☼Special attacks WILL YIELD special drops from every enemy, if its a regular minion, they drop low level items, if its a boss(which i suggest you save your special for last hitting) they will drop a Special Armor Chunk, crafting better armor. You must kill them with a special attack to yield the item.

☼ a great place to Farm(play the level over and over) for armor chunks is Skeletons Tomb (level 3, medusa lady). crafting makes a 1 gold star armor worth up to 20 upgrade points. if you kill her with a special hit she will drop 2 snakeskin armor chunks, it takes 8 to make one snakeskin armor, so hit her 4-5 times (come times she drops 1 star silver earth armor chunks) and you can craft. it takes no time at all to have multiple armors crafting from her.

☼ I personally have 4 blacksmiths (great for crafting 1 boss armor, and many leveling armors) and the rest training fields. for most players, this will be the best layout, because while you sleep, this bad boys are making you money.

☼check your Free offers daily, you can get a few gems a day, and upgrade your training fields to level 3, or use gems to beat the epic boss to get closer to craft boss armor.

☼when facing the boss - its cheaper to BUY 10 more points of epic boss energy, than to hit, fight again for 12 gems (assuming you can rehire new friends) - its also cheaper and easier to get epic boss armor chunks from fighting them in the summoning stone for 11 gems

☼when you start combining armors, check the WIKI and see what's the top level the armor can go. i re combined top level 4star armor thinking it wasn't that good from the initial stats.
    http://knights-and-dragons.wikia.com...d_Dragons_Wiki

☼ when you get to the last levels, try and craft the "elite 4" armors, level them up to 35 then craft them again to get plus armor, they are better than the epic boss armors before 2013 Xmas. (it seems the new epic bosses have gotten a little beefed up.)

☼ Make Friends!!! and LOTS of them. when it comes to adding people, go in a frenzy, max your friends list. add them from internet websites (again try the wiki) or try adding people by going into epic boss / arena standings and hit player profiles, and add player (i'd suggest not hitting number one players, they have most of their friends list maxed, hit the lower thousands). they will help you with 2 things - if they are low level, they will add to people you can attack for 20 arena points (check next point for why this is special) and so they will do your bidding in epic monster battles (also more people attacking will increase everyone's attack damage)(you can only use 10 every 24 hours, but everyone has different armor).

☼ALWAYS participate in the arena, since they upgraded it late 2013, you get a LOT of free stuff in there, lots of armors to help upgrade yours. it may not be great stuff at first, put the more points u get, the better the rewards get, and the more rewards you obtain.

☼find a friendly guild, with like minded people. it may take a few to find the right one, it took me nearly 2 months of searching, but once you're with people you like (and hopefully its full of people and not people who stopped playing months ago) you will generally have more fun in guild wars, and have a team to ask silly questions to who will hopefully help you out.

☼Collect many type of armor! just because you already have one armor thats good and has fire, don't get rid of that other fire armor just yet - when it comes to epic bosses, you want to have many! so possible more than one person can deal extra damage to bosses, and in adventure mode (your main screen where you see the levels!)

☼and Lastly that i have! always use up all your HP when you play, attack the levels as much as possible, the more you level, the better your characters will become. try adding a friend for help. (i did it smart, with 6 people, u only pick one, and then choose one friend, and have him carry you through a touch level, you can do this 6 times in one sitting!) - at my later levels, i only let one friend hop in with my 3 main fighters in epic princes castle. then they all died, i chose my other 3 fighters, and another friend, who carried me through. your aim is level 100 in the long run! (keep an eye on hoy many times you used friends in the last 24/h)

Like i said, please leave more useful comments below - PLEASE DO NOT leave comments, or questions. keep the clutter out. Thank you, and I hope to hear more facts that I have not come across yet.

Sticky: Things I Wish I Knew When I Was A Noob by Radlonghammer
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-Radlonghammer

/thread

Actually, you can fuse basics for 50 eps, such as water and spirit for wavecharmers, fire and air for flamestorm, fire and earth for volcanic mantle, and a few others.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

the normal version of boss armors surpassed the 3*+ armors a while ago. 15 isn't that hard to do once you have played the game longer than a week, especially if you have decent friend help. Plus they don't have to be crafted, leveled up, then craft another one. Yes it takes 3 days to craft, but since they lowered the cost for crafting to 75k, they are even more economical.

The combos that yield 50ep armors 100% of the time are fire/air, fire/earth, spirit/air, spirit/water.

Castle note: you always unlock a 2x2 area when purchasing more space. Even though there are some spots that are not in a big square, you will get 2 of the rectangles.
    IGN(Android): EK/P1 TShell
    Guild: Epic Knight and/or Plus Ones
    Recruitment: Plus Ones is a sister guild of Epic Knight, one of the top guilds on Android. Contact M.Splinter on Line Messenger to join up!

Armors: Hellfire, Snowstorm, Sol, Beastmaster+(2), Necromantle+, Arclite, Silver Chromatic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tshell View Post
    the normal version of boss armors surpassed the 3*+ armors a while ago. 15 isn't that hard to do once you have played the game longer than a week, especially if you have decent friend help. Plus they don't have to be crafted, leveled up, then craft another one. Yes it takes 3 days to craft, but since they lowered the cost for crafting to 75k, they are even more economical.

The combos that yield 50ep armors 100% of the time are fire/air, fire/earth, spirit/air, spirit/water.

Castle note: you always unlock a 2x2 area when purchasing more space. Even though there are some spots that are not in a big square, you will get 2 of the rectangles.
    Not strictly true. They are starting to pull even about now. Not surpassed and not a while ago:

Abominable.....1934
    Asheras..........1926

vs

Swamp Shaman+...1936
    Infernal Lord+.......2075
    Dark Prince+.........2019

I'll grant you Roc Feathers but that one was a recommended skip long ago. EB reg is just now pulling even with the weakest of the suggested story armors. Granted, to my mind that does make either a valid path after you grow out of the original Big 4. I still think a new player is gimping themselves to work on EB armors until they have Big 4 maxed. I also think it's dishonest to suggest that either EB reg or Bigger 3 is "the only" way to go. Any more, it's player's choice at that point.

The trade-offs:

Bigger 4
    You are assured you will be able to get the + which still has a minor stat advantage
    You have to level the reg to unlock the +

*Some might list farming as a con here but in my mind you have to run those a lot anyways to level

EB Reg
    You collect mats from weekly boss so farming mats does not take hp from snakeskin farming.
    Different element options - you shouldn't spend many weeks in this phase so this is a minor point.
    Leveling the armor does not start over after the + is unlocked - this should also be minor. 3* unlocks at 20 which is about 100,000 gold in crafting/enhancing.
    Android
    IGN: Sifu
    Friend Code: WBC-FQZ-WHB

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Sticky: Things I Wish I Knew When I Was A Noob by Radlonghammer
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-Radlonghammer

/thread
    this also has 25 pages of garbage posts like yours. i was refreshing so you dont have to wade through it all, plus i did mention a few things that i had not seen before. i wish i could delete your garbage post.

Quote Originally Posted by sxespanky View Post

☼check your Free offers daily, you can get a few gems a day, and upgrade your training fields to level 3, or use gems to beat the epic boss to get closer to craft boss armor.
    About those offers... That's only true for a few regions.

You should add: "It's worth a try because you might be in the right region at the right time".
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

thx

thx, is very good

Your explanation of combining basic armors to make 50 EP armors is just terrible.

Part 2 about enemy drops is completely unnecessary.

If the snakeskins match an element it gives 24 EP you only have 20 EP down.

When fighting the epic boss, instead of buying energy to fight him again for 10 gems you should try to use extra special attacks for 1 gem. It can be a lot cheaper that way.

Instead if checking the wiki the spreadsheet is way easier, and it has armor leveling, building production, and leveling stats already on there https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2IxT1RNZVlvalE

And its already been stated but the bigger 4 are now worse than EB non+ and anyone that can farm infernal chunks can beat the EB 15 times
    Level 160+

Maxed Armors: Tectonic (x2), Blazeborne, North, Arborsteel(x2), Blaztestone, Santa, Druidic, Runic, Cyclone, Hellfire, Snowstorm, Arcane, Sol, Centurion.

Line ID: bluntman57

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntman View Post
    And its already been stated but the bigger 4 are now worse than EB non+ and anyone that can farm infernal chunks can beat the EB 15 times
    I already showed this isn't true. They could be called equivalent, but claiming either is better is false. It's personal preference at this point.
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I already showed this isn't true. They could be called equivalent, but claiming either is better is false. It's personal preference at this point.
    Glacius non+ 1050/1050=2100
    Drake non+ 1139/918=2057

Infernal+ 2075 dp+ 2019

I understand that it depends on preference of elements, however it is cheaper to make the non+ than it is to make infernal or dp and level it to 20. For new players its also easier to get EB non+ than it is infernal+ or dp+

Because of this i have to disagree with you, the EB non+ have better stats. Its also easier to get. I still would recommend new players to get the big 4 before worrying about EB non+ however i think infernal and dp are both a waste of money and EP from here on out.

Edit: in your previous post you showed stats on older EB armors, they have now surpassed those 3*+ armors
    Level 160+

Maxed Armors: Tectonic (x2), Blazeborne, North, Arborsteel(x2), Blaztestone, Santa, Druidic, Runic, Cyclone, Hellfire, Snowstorm, Arcane, Sol, Centurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntman View Post
    Glacius non+ 1050/1050=2100
    Drake non+ 1139/918=2057

Infernal+ 2075 dp+ 2019

I understand that it depends on preference of elements, however it is cheaper to make the non+ than it is to make infernal or dp and level it to 20. For new players its also easier to get EB non+ than it is infernal+ or dp+

Because of this i have to disagree with you, the EB non+ have better stats. Its also easier to get. I still would recommend new players to get the big 4 before worrying about EB non+ however i think infernal and dp are both a waste of money and EP from here on out.

Edit: in your previous post you showed stats on older EB armors, they have now surpassed those 3*+ armors
    The Glacius wasn't showing in the armors data sheet or the recently added tab when I checked it. Drake was showing but not with the stats. Glacius was a bit of a 1-off because it was the final armor in a progressively scaling event. That makes Drake the first reg that is actually higher with no gimmick. I am assuming your numbers are correct because I have no reason to doubt you. Still, I think we should wait and see if the stats continue to creep beyond a set of event armors and a sample size of 1 other than those.

As to difficulty and cost, I addressed both of those concerns because I believe you are completely correct to consider all aspects. I honestly discussed those aspects and why I think those are minor issues. Again, both paths are viable at this point and neither should be called a clear superior choice. Giving the new player/question asker all the info so they can make their own choice seems to be the only correct answer for the time being.

Thank you for providing those stats on the last two armors! For what it's worth, I believe due to Gree's trends, that the EB armors will continue to creep and EB reg is likely to be a clearly superior choice in a month or two.
    Android

I agree totally sifu. Sorry if i was coming off as rude, after rereading i saw it could come off that way.
    Level 160+

Every guide is great on this own and I personally feel this one isn't an exception.
    Luckily it didn't cover anything I didn't know but I do feel this could most definitely be VERY helpful for a lot of people playing the game!

Thank you for the time and effort into creating this with your knowledge of the game.
    Personally I feel it's a very easy read because you summed everything up instead of just making a wall of text, I find this always to be one of the major turn-offs while reading a guide.

- The biggest tip I'm really missing is that every player should completely finish the quest line in order to obtain nice rewards. Plus once per week as the Arena weekly battle restarts everyone will get a new set of limited quests which will give gems in the end.

- Another pointer which you could explain are the + armors vs. regular armors, this will definitely help out the newer people!

I found this guide to be very meh compared to rad's but still good people care about helping others. Tips:
    - Loads of things you write about are personal preference like the choice between bigger4 and eb reg and the amount of armories.
    - Snakesking and other 1* craftables matching give 24 EP not 20
    - The stuff about the experience balls is very unclear and maybe unnecessary
    - Your first part on 50ep armors should include fire/earth and spirit/air, also very unclear for new users and you should include fusing silver star armors gives you as chance of 2stars so fusing those is great if you have them. Also a comparison / tradeoff between this and snakesking / silver star leveling to 11 is needed because most players dont have the money to use fusing bronzes
    -use the spreadheet instead of wiki
    -buying 10 energy isnt cheaper than using power attacks and summoning may cause you to not get rewards you do want.
    -"elite 4" = bigger 4. More terms i dont like: "Special Armor Chunk" and such only make it unreadable
    - remove typo's and improve grammatical quality cause its very hard to read actually.

or just use rad longs guide
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --