Spnding Gold Wisely

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spnding Gold Wisely

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Spnding Gold Wisely

Unless you have more money than you know what to do with or are a completest and have to have every unit there are smart ways to spend gold (or not)

1. LTQ - currently not worth it. The latest LTQ has a 50K unit with no bonus and requires a vault of gold to complete (as have most of the recent LTQS). Better to wait for 24 hour LTQ (which in the past had awesome units with great bonuses). If it has no bonus skip it. If you are over Level 150 you may want to go as far as you can free. Gree has made these that even with prestaging you need at least a truckload and most likely a vault.

2. Box events - not worth it. You can drop vault after vault and not get the unit or prize.

3. WD event. The best way is to get in with a good faction and find out what they expect from you as far as WD points. If you are a super active player you can get away with less gold and still meet the point requirements. If you are in a streak faction which waits until final minute or 2 to attack you may need to cough up substantial gold to keep the streak alive.

4. FLTQ event. Far and away the best value for Gold and you may not need to spend any or very little for a great reward. The inaugural boss event which just ended handed out great units with no gold necessary except on the 15 minute 100 Boss which needed maybe 50 gold/player

5. Medal events. You need to complete all of the events to get the required amount of medals for a mega unit. Necessary gold for this is impossible to calculate.

6. Boss event - if you are under level 150 you can go pretty far in this event and some gold can get you an excellent unit. If you are over 150 forget it, you spend a 2-5 vaults to complete the event as the bosses keep getting stronger each event. Keep you level as low as you can for this.

Post Count
    7. Raid Boss event - very good event for your gold. Depending on the rest of your faction and their participation, 25 gold bars is well worth the 33% chance at a 5K+ unit, and since you can literally continue over and over at these pending donated folders, they are well worth the investment.

just wanted to add that in there.
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    thundarr,

Please be accurate with your assumptions.

1. As example the latest LTQ costs me 280 gold if i want to finish (with prestaging and +10 with Iran). That is something different then 1 vault.

How about prestaging and ernergy use during the LTQ. If a LTQ is 78.225 energy the most gold you need is 79 times 20 = 1580 (besides some misclicks). It takes 3 days so you can use energy for 3 days.

2. Box events, it depends on the free units and the bonus you get.

3. WD event, streak teams can get far with tactical play without the use of gold.

4. FLTQ, right

5. Combined of the above

6. Last time the boss was 25% easier than it was before

Post Count
    Thundar,

I applaud your efforts on how to approach the Spend in this game.

1) I tend to agree with you opinion on LTQ events. If they don't come with a boost unit they generally are not worth it. With that being said i'm not sure this is one i would agrue against either. Its middle of the road but if you prestaged and if you have a decent regen it might only cost you a couple hundred gold. (Also for those that are going for a decent amount of numbers many of the units from those are VERY high in stats) So overall i wouldn't advise anyone against this LTQ as compared to others but again it comes down to personal preference. I'm working on it for free right now and just hit 9/15. Also the XP is relatively low which is very good.

2) Box Events are Fairly Vauge. If its an auction event i would advise against it as they are pretty much designed for the top 3 teams with a couple from the top 10 who make a push for the top 50/250 prizes. Granted if your just goinig for the 4 medals it might not be a bad as the open rates don't change on these events. (Again though its relative)

10-Crate events were a great opportunity for free players to try and get 10...but i agree i have seen those spend 2-3 vaults in an attempt to open the last one and never get it. I've been suckered into spending gold on them and have been relatively lucky on the 2 that i did spend on but i would generally advise against it. (i believe these have been replaced though)

25 Crate Events i think have replaced the 10 Crate event. Why? Well first they will require gold...i don't think a free player can open 25 but they don't have the same issue where you can spend 2-3 vaults and not get a single open. They scale the open rate much better but its still a gamble. That being said players have a better idea of the gamble based on how their free openings are goingn and if the unit has a bonus you want then i would say go for it.

3) WD- Of all of the events to spend gold on this is my personal Favorite. Why because its a team game and we get to have fun! Also you can get multiple units with mulitple bonuses. But it depends on your goals. Every faction has different goals.

4) FLTQ events. These are generally great and just as WD they get your team to work together. I generally view these as Energy based events where the faction can pull together and finish. The problem is some factions have only a few gold spenders and then the burden falls on them

5) Medal Events. You can get some great units along the way. Don't get too excited about the final unit though. I can tell you the first Infantry Medals probably cost 35-40k Gold and it required you to be a streaking team as well. But even just participating in the events you usually do got you some nice additional units. (my reccomendation is to avoid being sucked into this until you know the requirements)

6) Boss Events. Its no secret that this is my favorite event. Unless you flew thru levels and are lvl 151+ and only 1 million attack this is generally one of the best events in the game. Even if you need to spend a vault the combined power you get from everything offsets the costs compared to other events.

7) Raid Boss: Also a great Event. I can see how you would put this under a FLTQ as well but it was unique. It forces players to work together and do a min amount of damage. The prizes are great and it was created to be more balanced for the masses and its your Raw attack (so new players can come in and compete) Unfortunately i think the first one was a big detriment to the game as i know the top 3 teams farmed this thing getting thousands of extra units (someone mentioned a 15 million increase in stats...but that is another topic to be addressed going forward)

In the End,

Boss, Raid Boss, FLTQ, WD, LTQ, 25 Crate Events, Medals, Auction events is the order i would usually place them without knowing the details of the events themselves.
    VFF Legends

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thundarr View Post
    4. FLTQ event. Far and away the best value for Gold and you may not need to spend any or very little for a great reward. The inaugural boss event which just ended handed out great units with no gold necessary except on the 15 minute 100 Boss which needed maybe 50 gold/player
    Great input.. But I hardly agree with the gold amount you list for the past raid boss event. You must calculate it based on top 100 or even higher rank factions. Our faction is small and we enjoyed the event. Even with a lot great helper from other factions, our faction spend nearly 20 K gold in total (Damn the 40% off sale, we didn't expect to spend so much and should have bought all these gold during the sale!!! We spend doubled money on this ****). In this case, You can see how helpful these top faction members who reached out and helped low rank factions on saving their hard earned Money!!! I know there will be ppl who will jump out immediately and tell us how stupid we are on spending money in the game. But we did have fun, so mind your own business!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thundarr View Post
    Though I personally hate this event due to the xp and my lack of energy (had a "mentor" early on that said invest in atk and def not energy or stamina...DOH!) it is good for all factions. The high level low stat guy that gets hurt in boss and WD can make a huge impact. Most new low level guys are told from the beginning that atk/def skill points are all but useless. It promotes communication and teamwork to not "waste hits" As long as gree doesn't repeat the MASSIVE xp ones like they did during the race to lvl 300 I'll be ok with it.

LOVE the boss events. Both of them. Though my faction didn't get to "farm" hundreds (10s haha) of 6000 units it was a refreshing change (albeit I didn't sleep much). If they fix the farming in the raid boss, it will be spot on.

I'm under 151 but the tiers need to be fixed for those over that. Also, maybe make the lower tiers a tad more difficult at higher levels? I'm all for new guys getting to catch up and be competitive, but BLOWING by some ODBs with out gold seems a bit off.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansgek View Post
    thundarr,

1. As example the latest LTQ costs me 280 gold if i want to finish (with prestaging and +10 with Iran). That is something different then 1 vault.

How about prestaging and ernergy use during the LTQ. If a LTQ is 78.225 energy the most gold you need is 79 times 20 = 1580 (besides some misclicks). It takes 3 days so you can use energy for 3 days.
    Dang u can prestage fast.... Considering the data push was a day prior to the event.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I would note that your raid boss damage was raw attack. This means collecting 5 and 6 and 7 digit units in raw attack pays dividends on the raid boss, with or without bonuses.

JOIN THE STORIED, BEASTS OF MODERN WAR!

PM NOW FOR DETAILS!

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzol View Post
    Wow, what a load of bollucks. If only everyone playing modern war had such a strategic mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Full FRONTAL?! Must be a different game than I'm playing. Lol

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansgek View Post
    thundarr,

How about prestaging and ernergy use during the LTQ. If a LTQ is 78.225 energy the most gold you need is 79 times 20 = 1580 (besides some misclicks).
    The Entire mission without prestaging. I forgot and I am completing Normal mode AND Prestige, so far it cost almost a vault.
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Post Count
    Good looking out guys. Regardless of which of you is correct it is still awesome you guys are posting this for players using small amounts of gold.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

A little off topic, but...

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since it is about spending gold, I figure it is somewhat the correct place to ask this question since I can not make my own threads.

I recently spent 300 gold on accident to finish an expansion to my base, luckily I was refunded after contacting support. What do you know, I open my vault and accidentally spend about 1000 to finish that upgrade. I understand if I do not get a refund for this, since it was my fault, but is a simple "Are you sure you" question when you hit the finish upgrade/expansion button too much to ask for?

Just wondering why this isn't already in the game.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The only place I spend gold is on the boss event because it's the best route to go if you haven't already leveled up too much. Occasionally I'll spend for war.
    KELLHOUNDS top 50 faction
    recruitment thread:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...44#post1267044

Banned
    Post Count
    The current LTQ is worth doing, as it is doable for free or very little gold. Even though the prize is bad for the LTQ it is needed for the 40% ground defense boost unit. Which is a pretty good unit.