A letter from a number of Factions - Page 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: A letter from a number of Factions

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wait wasn't there some posts deleted from this thread?

47th Armenia, 58-3 12/12 completed

I agree completely with stated in the letter. I know a lot of members of the factions I have been in feels the same. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by lightning strikes; 01-11-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Can a way be created where faction member performance doesn't disappear as soon as event is over? It doesn't have to be available forever but maybe for next 24 hours so officers/members can more easily view complete results for evaluation.

Like on boss event each days results go away as soon as goal is reach. Whoa, who did what? Will never know for sure.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    CJ, another easy fix is to ensure you don't fight the same faction twice during the three days. Fine, I can meet sup1, sup2, sup69 and more - all part of the game. But please keep me from being the goat who drew sup1 again and again.

Second, I'm sure you can create a script to confirm whether min gold was spent on an event by a player to get a prize. I just hope you guys have the gold under control....

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Watch the leaderboard for movement of the top 3. When all 3 are moving, declare. This won't work 100% of the time as sometimes they are almost finished and gree can make ya wait 5-10 minutes. By using this method, I doubt you see them twice in a war let alone once. If you are top 100, there is no avoiding it. My faction placed top 15 and we fought every single top 25 at least once and the lowest we fought was like 62nd. Only 2 teams were below top 50. The match ups work for top 100. I have a hard time believing these people complaining in here that they faced Sup1 twice and they are top 500. They might have faced their streak team or their minis. The top teams don't get gimmes. We earn our points! (Or shall I say we pay dearly for our points)

Quote Originally Posted by DFI View Post
    CJ, another easy fix is to ensure you don't fight the same faction twice during the three days. Fine, I can meet sup1, sup2, sup69 and more - all part of the game. But please keep me from being the goat who drew sup1 again and again.

Second, I'm sure you can create a script to confirm whether min gold was spent on an event by a player to get a prize. I just hope you guys have the gold under control....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldilucks View Post
    Watch the leaderboard for movement of the top 3. When all 3 are moving, declare. This won't work 100% of the time as sometimes they are almost finished and gree can make ya wait 5-10 minutes. By using this method, I doubt you see them twice in a war let alone once. If you are top 100, there is no avoiding it. My faction placed top 15 and we fought every single top 25 at least once and the lowest we fought was like 62nd. Only 2 teams were below top 50. The match ups work for top 100. I have a hard time believing these people complaining in here that they faced Sup1 twice and they are top 500. They might have faced their streak team or their minis. The top teams don't get gimmes. We earn our points! (Or shall I say we pay dearly for our points)
    I've been on both sides of the coin... top 250 and played SUP1, TKO, Gunners and SUP2 twice all in the same war.

Also been #18 and played every top 25 team at least one time, with the lowest ranked team at #99, and 3 total teams outside the top 50. Unfortunately we drew SUP teams 7 times throughout the war. I don't really complain about it as we were in the top 25, but no where CLOSE to top ten ballpark stats and gold wise... frustrating... but what are ya gonna do?

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    What puzzles me is people ranting about matching a team once in a war and nothing on the recent disclosure and pictures on the thread that was closed regarding health hacking (which directly devalues everything spent on wd) and gold hacking. If that is indeed correct, that is the most disturbing thing I have seen since the whole durt espionage campaign nine months ago. All I hear is radio silence. I, for one, am not convinced those pictures were photoshopped.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by honest Abe View Post
    What puzzles me is people ranting about matching a team once in a war and nothing on the recent disclosure and pictures on the thread that was closed regarding health hacking (which directly devalues everything spent on wd) and gold hacking. If that is indeed correct, that is the most disturbing thing I have seen since the whole durt espionage campaign nine months ago. All I hear is radio silence. I, for one, am not convinced those pictures were photoshopped.
    Link? I missed this one apparently...

Or did it vanish lol?

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It magically vanished... It showed someone had hacked the "reward" for mastering a map to include an amount of gold similar to what I just purchased last week. Needless to say, it did not sit well with me.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The top teams all already employ that strategy. You get stuck when you wait 5-25 min for a matchup and sup just finishes during that time and you get them again. We all know they get priority in matchups, so while you wait, they declare and whamo, you get sup. If this hasn't been your experience, I feel you have been extremely lucky. Or I just have a smelly finger.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Watch the leaderboard for movement of the top 3. When all 3 are moving, declare. This won't work 100% of the time as sometimes they are almost finished and gree can make ya wait 5-10 minutes. By using this method, I doubt you see them twice in a war let alone once.
    I surprised by this from some factions. Tell me this please, how long must you wait to see ALL THREE are moving along on the leaders board? 20 - 30 mins?

Then you declare and wait between 5 and 30 mins for a pairing.

50 wins = somewhere between 15 to 25 hours of waiting that is self-imposed.

Then those factions come here and complain about delays?

Sometimes we out-smart ourselves.

Post Count
    It magically vanished... It showed someone had hacked the "reward" for mastering a map to include an amount of gold similar to what I just purchased last week. Needless to say, it did not sit well with me.
    Unfortunately this game has more holes in it than a Swiss cheese. GREE plug one and another one is found. It is a cat and mouse game and the cat is losing this one badly. The game was not designed with security in mind from the ground up and implementing security retrospectively simply cannot be done without a complete re-write. At least they have a security team now, albeit a little late. ALL games are hacked because security is very lax or non-existent on games as they focus development on the game itself with security as an afterthought. Classic one is that they announced that the energy glitch was fixed in MW, yet this is simply not true. Another reason why one has to be aware of freemium games with in-app purchases as the money spent on them can be enormous yet some people just simply exploit the weaknesses in the game and why I prefer the old model whereby one pays once up front. So to ever believe that all the security holes have been plugged by GREE... don't let them pull the wool over your eyes because this will never be the case. However, GREE will try to actively ban the hacker accounts, but the hackers simply create new ones and so the cycle continues ad nauseam...

Just remember the old adage... If man made it, man can break it
    Last edited by Dutchie; 01-12-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU View Post
    I surprised by this from some factions. Tell me this please, how long must you wait to see ALL THREE are moving along on the leaders board? 20 - 30 mins?

Then you declare and wait between 5 and 30 mins for a pairing.

50 wins = somewhere between 15 to 25 hours of waiting that is self-imposed.

Then those factions come here and complain about delays?

Sometimes we out-smart ourselves.
    I think you are mixing the issues. Nobody is complaining about self imposed waiting. It's after you hit the button and many minutes pass.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Every faction and single player will agree this!

Post Count
    I saw that pic, I thought it was a picture taken before Gree patched the gold hack over a year and a half ago. If that's recent then it is very serious.