Thanks gree.........not - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks gree.........not

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    you guys decided to update server at your most profitable event??? This couldn't be done during a tuesday or something???

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofwale View Post
    you guys decided to update server at your most profitable event??? This couldn't be done during a tuesday or something???
    You need to read his post again.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Jesus. My synd was 8k IP off top 100. Bought a vault. Maybe used 200 gold before the app just ground to a hault. This is a completely unacceptable error gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    It's affecting everyone.

So here's the rundown as I've been made aware, regarding the server issues this weekend:

-Some servers need upgrading, we're doing that (that was not something we could do safely during the event, that would have been ugly)

-Several processes have been causing a good deal more server-client interaction than intended, and we're not clear on the cause yet. We killed a number of those processes on Friday (in cases where it was safe to do so) and we put logging in place so that we could identify and tune the others afterwards. That improved things somewhat but it was obviously still pretty laggy this weekend, culminating in the lag today at event end as everyone is on trying to get those last few points. The good news is that the logging should allow us to find what the heck is going on there and put a stop to it.

The long and short of it is that we apologize for the inconvenience caused by the lag and server issues; we know that it was past reasonable expectations this time and we're going to do what we need to to improve it for next time.

EDIT: I do understand the expectation that things will run smoothly; we would all of us (developers, engineers, players, support, etc.) prefer this. This is not always possible, but in those cases we will do our best to make sure that there is no repeat of causative agents going forwards.
    This was an issue last event too... read what the poster above said...

I have one word for GREE- PATHETIC

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    finished at 102 with 1303 gold in the bank. So mad i can't even see straight.
    BIG BOSS HOUSE - TOP 150 SYND RECRUITING - MSG ME

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's affecting everyone.

So here's the rundown as I've been made aware, regarding the server issues this weekend:

-Some servers need upgrading, we're doing that (that was not something we could do safely during the event, that would have been ugly)

-Several processes have been causing a good deal more server-client interaction than intended, and we're not clear on the cause yet. We killed a number of those processes on Friday (in cases where it was safe to do so) and we put logging in place so that we could identify and tune the others afterwards. That improved things somewhat but it was obviously still pretty laggy this weekend, culminating in the lag today at event end as everyone is on trying to get those last few points. The good news is that the logging should allow us to find what the heck is going on there and put a stop to it.

The long and short of it is that we apologize for the inconvenience caused by the lag and server issues; we know that it was past reasonable expectations this time and we're going to do what we need to to improve it for next time.

EDIT: I do understand the expectation that things will run smoothly; we would all of us (developers, engineers, players, support, etc.) prefer this. This is not always possible, but in those cases we will do our best to make sure that there is no repeat of causative agents going forwards.
    You need to majorly upgrade servers which you wont do any time soon because it will mess any event up
    We be clubbin: 75th
    Nightlife : 58th

Now Recruiting

Post Count
    And what about the folks who were one or two wins from accomplishing individual goals and got locked out the last hour of the event? To say this was past reasonable expectations may be the understatement of this very young year.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer McCool View Post
    finished at 102 with 1303 gold in the bank. So mad i can't even see straight.
    Happened to me last event too. Missed next tier by 100 points (despite our synd total on multiple devices reflecting we had more than enough to take next tier.).

Its a sham. No other way to put it

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I can get into the game but it crashes when I click on the battle icon. doesn't sound like a server issue to me... oh wait, I can get in now. time to start an LTQ!!! yaaaay gotta go buy some gold for this.

Post Count
    It's affecting everyone.

CJ.. FINALLY... what we have been asking for, for over a YEAR now.. communication...
    THANK YOU!!!!

Makes it much easier to swallow when you let us in on what is happening and what you are doing to rectify the situation...

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Server lag had been known all event.
    If you decided that late to leave it to buy the vault and push there is no one else to blame.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    If you decided that late to leave it to buy the vault and push there is no one else to blame.
    It had cleared up for the most part mid 2nd day. Now here we are, just like the end of last battle of the last war. Lag-ridden servers.

Bollocks

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    It has never been soooooo laggy as it was this last battle. and yeah.. if u were just inside the tier before the troubles started...u would be out of it without knowing and the other way around.. i say extend the tiers again..
    **The Crazed Outlaws-TcO (Top100)**
    Dunky 485-926-532
    232.1m/146.0m Att/Def
    32m IpH
    Life is what u make of it..

TcO Requirements:
    - min 42x IPH a week till maxxed bonusses.
    - approx 35k IP in wars (we dont fuss about 1k less or so)
    - Gold optional
    - Groupme preferred (we're a chatty lil bunch)
    - Have FUN! (be friendly, chatty and active)

Post Count

-Several processes have been causing a good deal more server-client interaction than intended, and we're not clear on the cause yet.
    Have you guys even looked at your packet structure? Its atrocious for a mobile app which should be prioritizing smaller packets and less info.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We're not clear on the cause yet (still), but thanks for all your money.