Nice break in KA

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice break in KA

Post Count

Nice break in KA

Thank you for the great break in activity. I did not go on to KA this past weekend much at all. I got 3 scratchers per day and did a little raiding. I even spent some time with my family in real life. My wife did not yell at me once this weekend to say "put the phone down" or "please pay attention to me" or "you are not getting anything done today!" So, I seemed to have earned the brownie points for war next weekend.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Not a good sign for Gree's revenue stream letting people realize there's other things in life outside of this game...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Not a good sign for Gree's revenue stream letting people realize there's other things in life outside of this game...
    wait, what?? What is this "outside of this game" that you speak of?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    what is this "family" you are speaking of?
    Hi guys

Consistent Contributor Master Stormzs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Lol,^^^^^....maybe they will realize they need to do something different.
    KA Reitred/Quit 4-Feb 2014
    MW Quit 18-Nov 2013
    CC 574-547-566

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Thanks to the constant barrage of gem-sucking events, this game is losing people faster than new members join. Most of the new accounts are just minis anyway. Yet Gree's solution is to keep upping the gem requirements to milk everything the can out of whoever is left.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Is this really a good sign for the longevity of the game though?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU View Post
    there will be a time where wars will be only with minis... just think about that
    Hi guys

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Sadly.

^^^^

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU View Post
    That is the real question I provoked here. As much as I have enjoyed a break, this is not good for the game. As people get bored with the lack of KA activity, they will find another outlet for their addictive behaviors.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks to the break, I tried Games of War....its very good. Not sure yet if I will leave KA......it could get boring too you know.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chups Crow View Post
    Thanks to the break, I tried Games of War....its very good. Not sure yet if I will leave KA......it could get boring too you know.
    Tried it too during this break.. Quite fun but a lot of kids playing it. Its even more time consuming than KA. I dont know.. For me I prefer KA. Suits my playingstyle and the time I have.
    Victorious Warriors (merged with TheGoodLife 6 times 50 wins)
    Rank 33 in Battle for the Barrens

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I took a break too. Didn't do any of the events since last war and will miss this war. Have not given Gree a dime for gems. It's been a great break. There's too many events and wars. Like others have said it's no longer a game. It's just an income generator. The break has me reevaluating my priorities.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

A Lab Rat's perspective.

That's a very interesting and valid point Danthorne,

While a game can be good because it is social driven, can it be over-taxing on time that in turn drives people away from something they would otherwise stay involved in. Is too much of a good thing a 'turn-off'.

While these mobile games are relatively new, people will be attracted to them because it's different.

But as we suspected, as things settle down with mobile games, there will be a much lower price point and (something quite new) a time point.

So, the game is designed around having you involved often or be left behind. They have not yet found the balance between revenues, cost of running, price point, time point, the need to be involved constantly (the time point) and also the interest level.

Those things will be analysed and over time better judgements will be made as mobile games progress. I guess we are the lab rats for future game designs.

Further to that, are the demographics of the gamer changing. I have read a commissioned report recently that indicates the demographics have moved significantly from where we 'thought' these games were being used. The demographics is another game changer.

It's interesting to compare the social aspect of youth games where abuse is rife and compare it to adult games (a different demographic) where the social aspect is more social chat & friendship.

Therefore can mobile games do one or more of the following:

1. Focus on the wrong demographic.

2. Have low interest level including low social aspect and demographic.

3. Have a price point that is too high.

4. Have a time point that is too high.

5. Revenues too low.

6. Running costs too high. Including running too many of exactly the same game just with different characters.

7. Do they focus on Pareto's Law (80/20), found to be a misleading simplification. Mobile games have not been around long enough to analyse properly, so are they basing revenues on a misleading marketing law. Goodhardt's law may be closer but there could be something quite unique in the mobile game market as there is across other long established markets.

8. Focus too much on the wrong buyers. Buyers are not always what they seem (Anschuetz 2002). The heavy buyers get lighter and the lighter and non-buyers get heavier.

Those weaknesses can be turned around into strengths however.

Is there a need for a long term game or should they be disposable. How does that effect the company name and therefore the marketing. How does that in turn, effect the share market price and capital raising.

Just my 'lay' perspective which may be quite wrong.

regards

The Lab Rat
    Last edited by Ysae Kaeps ASU; 01-06-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for the break Gree), also try GoW, for myself only 👍👍 than....
    Casualty Rate -14%
    Health Rengen Time -14%
    Upgrade Cost -23%
    Building Upgrade Time -23%
    Guild Member Increase +26

The Great One (TGO)