Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Changes to the game players would like to see

Ok this thread is to put any ideas for changes to the game interface

My ideas to start it off

Addition
    A Zulu hrs clock on display in the game.
    We find it useful when arranging things in the game when players are in different time zones but a clock in the game would make it easier to do and for players to arrang attacks on at a specific time.

1 map system over haul, to allow colour coded bookmarks, full screen mode, with a go to location mode just press the map to go to the location.
    Over lays so we can add bookmarks into groups say up to 10 layers so we can divide our book marks into groups with label edits so we can name the layers toggles so we can have as few or many of the overlays active as we want.

Have a layer which is editable by alliance leaders so they can add bookmarks to all players maps.

Have a system that can colour code bases in the main map so we can toggle bases to different colours for fast finding.

The ability of tagging a location, and the direction and distance been displayed in the main game HUD a bit like space games so there is a little arrow sat on the display edge indicating the direction of the bookmark and distance to it.

2.Change the way radars work I can see an attack from the other side of the map if its attacking my base with a radar but the base next to it cannot see anything.

They should be give a radius of effect based on their level so any incoming attacks within that radius regardless of which base, if within the coverage area they get full warning from the edge of the radar cover until it hits.

This makes radar more tactical and having multiple is to ensure coverage and redundancy against destruction.

3. Make army's that are detected by our radar be able to be attacked, by us or our alliance. We post the army location into alliance chat if anyone can they can intercept it. This is while in travel. This maybe a level 10 radar option.

4. Have a auto relocate for production so it automaticly travels to a destination after the build finishes. If we want it too.

5 pm messages not to clog up alliance chat, have it so we can chose if we want it to appear in alliance chat.
    Make sure speed up requests remain the alliance chat until we have helped or they have stopped been valid ie already been finished.

6. Overview screen for all factory's so we can change them in one place and at the same time send completed units to a selected destination. options for small groups of units to be made in numbered runs so we can select 1000 heli to be built but in 100 heli groups automaticly so we have to have the resources to build them all but we can get them in stages. I realize this is partly possible now. I just want a simpler system for it
    You could say their is a divide production mode that splits the 1000 helis over remaining factory's build que.

7. New unit spy's these can be dropped into bases with drone attacks these could have many different abilitys but I will leave that for commenters if they like the idea.

8. Auto repair option for the defence grid, this is optional, and would have a delay of say a minimum of one hour before it rebuilds it.

9 the ability to attack players capturing alliance members bases if we wish. So instead of just being able to re enforce them we can aggressively boot them and get BP.

Added on

I would also like to see improved factory controls.
    an auto mode where the factory repeats the last build until you have no resources so if I set 50 artillery to be built. it auto repeats that order or if I set 5 items to build it auto repeats the list. But again the full list has to have resources to be able to be auto repeated.
    A pause button for factory's if we are running out of fuel but don't want to waste 128 hrs of build time on the 1000 artillery that will drop and be destroyed, we pause the factory. ( I realize this has other uses ). This can maybe only be possible if you have a fuel shortage.
    The ability to shorten or lengthen the build job without canceling it out right, so that means we can change the number of units in production. I would exept either ways or both, so just shorten, just lengthen or both.
    Build time getting displayed for all items in the build List, not just the one in production, that could be displayed 2 possible ways. time to build for each item. time until it gets built including items in front of it in the list.
    My choice would be the running total time. So we can see the amount of time until each item will drop when we check on a factory.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 05-11-2014 at 02:03 PM.

All good ideas mate but you are forgetting the main point of this game. It is an iPhone ap designed to suck money from you not a ps3 game. Their currently model is earning for them so there is no need to try and improve it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    All good ideas mate but you are forgetting the main point of this game. It is an iPhone ap designed to suck money from you not a ps3 game. Their currently model is earning for them so there is no need to try and improve it. Good luck.
    It would be nice to say you were wrong but you aren't.
    Gree seems only intested in adding things that increase their revenue not player satisfaction but I keep trying lol. For what good it does me ;-)

Fitting with current gree business model...

Indefinite ap attack mission goals! These have now finished for me (20m ap last one). This means I cannot effectively play this game any more. This will be last build event, and once my hails, rails and hellfires are used up I will quit.
    Crime City: iseenodoom, Doom's mob (owner), syndicate #225 995 144
    116th Midtown, 78th Market Plaza

Modern War: Doomnosee, East Coast Elite (officer), faction #444 903 980
    103rd Brazil*, 103rd Greenland, 54th Egypt, 53rd China

Kingdom Age: Krabat, Order of Dragon Knights (officer), guild #592 797 474
    12th Dragon's Roost

Quote Originally Posted by doomnosee View Post
    Fitting with current gree business model...

Indefinite ap attack mission goals! These have now finished for me (20m ap last one). This means I cannot effectively play this game any more. This will be last build event, and once my hails, rails and hellfires are used up I will quit.
    Sad but true it happens a lot that's why players quit

But with most events rewarding BP regardless of how it is won and sometimes from players many levels lower, players will keep quitting, hence some of my suggestions to have a different worlds system to actively move player to worlds better able to cope with them with a multi world ranking system.

Or beginner worlds that players have to move from at pre set levels or commander levels what ever would work best.

Then for existing worlds gree needs to create an incentive system to get top players to move worlds, the best incentive would be stopping them entering events unless they move, so create a max level or max commander level or combination of the 2 for events so they can stay but with a disadvantage.

Gree would need to create a system to allow players to move with cores and commanders and give players a shielded bubble time in which they can rebuild their base
    For the more difficult worlds they increase the number of super bases or resources at the edges so players are not so badly disadvantage from moving worlds.

Gree needs something or as worlds decline players stop spending as they have no need to as they are on top as it is.

Any system that gives new players a chance and let's them feel competitive will encourage gold spending. Because at the moment as soon as players try for the centre in my world they get high level commanders destroying their bases. That is not a big problem as you don't need to get bases in the centre but it stops them feeling like they can compete. Because the gap is so great.

This all seems to fall on deaf ears, it would be great to here from gree if they are working on something may give hope to players to hang on for future updates.

Used my final rails and hails for a very satisfying 50m ap... and now I have finally quit :-)
    Crime City: iseenodoom, Doom's mob (owner), syndicate #225 995 144
    116th Midtown, 78th Market Plaza

Modern War: Doomnosee, East Coast Elite (officer), faction #444 903 980
    103rd Brazil*, 103rd Greenland, 54th Egypt, 53rd China

Kingdom Age: Krabat, Order of Dragon Knights (officer), guild #592 797 474
    12th Dragon's Roost

I will add another possible change.
    The ability of alliance leaders to move a players home base, the idea is to allow it only once when a player moves into there alliance but it has to be within a area/distance of the leaders home base and only in the outer area of the map.
    And the leader also can move it out of the area if they leave.

(I will add if they do allow the move they have got to allow it to move in sections so the player moving can rearrange the base so his mines and oil pumps are sat on the correct hexagons.)

This is to allow alliances to gather strength and allow a possible extra addition of the suggested radar upgrades where all members get warnings of attacks, if the area being attacked is covered by radar of any member. Or any member with a radar can intercept attacks of armies while it is still traveling. If it passes close to their base.

Another idea would be for leaders or high level members in an alliance to see login logs for members not details just how many days in the last month they logged in or as basic as. When they last logged in or how many days since they login to the game not what they did just if they logged in.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 01-14-2014 at 11:41 PM.

stop the pop ups

stop the pop ups

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    This is truth.

Post Update templates and bookmarks

I was thinking it would be more user friendly with the option to change the name of templates and bookmarks that the user has placed.

Stop adding comms

I wish Gree would stop adding new commanders or have the option of swapping commanders within your alliance, as we all have comms which can be levelled up but I find it hard getting matches, for a perfect comm we need at least 8 matches.... U guys need to do something as the top alliances stay top and we can't get any farther in game, lots of players are leaving cos of this... I run Iron Skies in w9 and want to continue to, without ppl leaving!!! Also sort out the 34 and 38 NPC'S cos there aren't enough for everyone to do the missions AGAIN all the top 3 alliances have snapped them up!!! We all can't spend real money on games like these!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    I wish Gree would stop adding new commanders or have the option of swapping commanders within your alliance, as we all have comms which can be levelled up but I find it hard getting matches, for a perfect comm we need at least 8 matches.... U guys need to do something as the top alliances stay top and we can't get any farther in game, lots of players are leaving cos of this... I run Iron Skies in w9 and want to continue to, without ppl leaving!!! Also sort out the 34 and 38 NPC'S cos there aren't enough for everyone to do the missions AGAIN all the top 3 alliances have snapped them up!!! We all can't spend real money on games like these!!
    The reason they add new commanders is to give people something to strive for. Without that, people would quit.
    As for 34s and 38s, total bloodbath would ensue to get more of them. Winner? Top 3 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    The reason they add new commanders is to give people something to strive for. Without that, people would quit.
    As for 34s and 38s, total bloodbath would ensue to get more of them. Winner? Top 3 again.
    That's only partly true, the more commander types their are, the harder it is to get matches, the harder its is the greater the temptation is to spend gold which is the driving force for every thing gree changes in the game as for the 34's and 38's their are up to 50 players per alliance so even if their was 2000 big bases that's only big bases for the top 4 alliances if each player has 10 super outposts 200 players 2000 super bases top 10 alliances 5000 super bases. The limited number is deliberate it forces you to spend on gold to get better commanders to try and compete. Again Gree's main goal.

Gree needs to realise that gold players with their level 90 now 100 commanders are making normal low level gold spenders quit. When they realise they will never compete.

you can get hit by a player using a L 90 commander against your best L50 commander and not get any unit kills at all, and that's not because we don't understand DG 's or unit types or commander boosts and how they work but because their commander boosts their units 1000% after a few of them you realise you will never compete without spending heavily on gold. You except that and enjoy the game as it is or quit.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 01-28-2014 at 12:48 PM.

None

I'd change:

Limit waves sent from a base to 1 for every 2 levels of CC. Folks would be forced to fight more instead of move units away from incoming attacks.

Double morale point drop when capturing bases with no commanders and no units.

That league play would introduce League Points. Similar to battle points but zero sum, whereas my gain of points is your loss and vice versa. With tiers, where reaching a certain number of points grants you minor but useful benefits like an additional 25 units per wave, a few extra % points of resource income, extra leadership points per absorbed commander, etc. The highest 10 players could even have titles such as The Strategist, The Warmonger, The Tactician. Since its zero sum, AP trading would get you virtually nothing. You'd have to fight and not lose as much to climb tiers...and fight to stay as well

Added Trading Center functionality/use for money. A little wishful thinking, but...Training Academy for commanders? Pay an amount of in game cash to send your commander for training. Lose use of the commander for a certain period of time depending on XP needed, get it back leveled up. All that would change is reduced tedium of hitting endless renegades.

Thanks for reading. Kanser, world 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanser View Post
    I'd change:

Limit waves sent from a base to 1 for every 2 levels of CC. Folks would be forced to fight more instead of move units away from incoming attacks.

That league play would introduce League Points. Similar to battle points but zero sum, whereas my gain of points is your loss and vice versa. With tiers, where reaching a certain number of points grants you minor but useful benefits like an additional 25 units per wave, a few extra % points of resource income, extra leadership points per absorbed commander, etc. The highest 10 players could even have titles such as The Strategist, The Warmonger, The Tactician. Since its zero sum, AP trading would get you virtually nothing. You'd have to fight and not lose as much to climb tiers...and fight to stay as well

Added Trading Center functionality/use for money. A little wishful thinking, but...Training Academy for commanders? Pay an amount of in game cash to send your commander for training. Lose use of the commander for a certain period of time depending on XP needed, get it back leveled up. All that would change is reduced tedium of hitting endless renegades.

Thanks for reading. Kanser, world 4.
    Thx for your ideas

Your first 2 seem connected

I would not like to see the first as sometimes you need to move units and it would effect attacking and defending
    And running from a enamy that is more powerful than you are good tactics.

But the second double morale point drop if no commanders or units.
    I would not say no to the double rate out of hand but it was a lot faster when the game launched and it was extended after players complained it was to quick you could log off for a few hours and you lost a base.

If players only needed a commander in then yes, but what about this.

a three speed system, so as is now if defended, that would cover that base from quick capture for 24hrs so no false starts one players starts a capture then pull out and a new player finishes it off. To cheat the system.
    Medium speed commanders in occupation only.
    Fast no commanders and no units. If units are added it goes back to as is now.