Unacceptable - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable

Post Count
    Fools, poltroons, dolts!

Thou dankish dread-bolted varlots!

Unbelievable, adapted my playing strategy for the quest, and suddenly it's changed?!?!

And let us not forget the inept developer (s) and game designer (s?) who seemed to have appeared from a learn to code by correspondence course. Cannot get odds correct a la boss 100 rewards gee how hard can it be to code odds for 33/33/33?

If it weren't for the friends I have made here I would be playing gow full time.

My rant overdue from 2013...

with a nod to the bard...

Mickaleus

Lurker
    Post Count
    Let me join the others in this thread in expressing my outrage over Gree changing the requirements of a quest mid swing, literally, and screwing dedicated players who have jobs and lives.
    How do you think we afford to buy your gems Gree?
    My lvl 19/20 heroic target went from requiring 19 energy per swing to 195!!! Absurd.
    Fix it or prepare to lose ever more players Gree. We all grow tired of your endless manipulation and failures all designed with the only purpose being to drain us all of hard earned cash.

Post Count
    HAHA... this does not surprise me... i was hoping they might have gotten off to a glitch free start.....wrong...sorry players and forum members...easy way to fix...follow the line to the door .....change game....problems fixed !..if you only stay for your "Friends" bring them with you...i am

Post Count
    Dispicable Gree
    ALWAYS RECRUITING PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

KINGDOM AGE - The People's Front of Judea - Guild invite code:- 337598906
    War rankings:- none of your business
    Contact me in game:- Shluggy 844-438-529

LEGENDS AT WAR - Red Dawn Elite - Guild invite code:- 531659486
    War rankings:- top something or other
    Contact me in game:- Castiel 507-004-554

This was a bug-fix, and a necessary one. The balance for the event was set to a negative number (in a field that should only take positive numbers). That bug caused two things: lower initial energy costs, but RIDICULOUSLY expensive retaliation costs. As a post fix/pre-fix example, one of the mobs initial energy costs was 10 and the retaliation value (the amount that the monster hits you for) was set to 2567. That basically means that you could hit the monster for cheap, and then you were one-shotted out of energy. By fixing the bug, the mob was changed to require 200 energy as intended, but the retaliation amount was lowered from 2567 to 63.

Much bigger benefit that downside from the bugfix, is what I am saying. So no, this didn't become more difficult/expensive to complete, it became less so.

I do apologize that this was not addressed earlier in the day in terms of messaging the bugfix necessity and deployment.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    This was a bug-fix, and a necessary one. The balance for the event was set to a negative number (in a field that should only take positive numbers). That bug caused two things: lower initial energy costs, but RIDICULOUSLY expensive retaliation costs. As a post fix/pre-fix example, one of the mobs initial energy costs was 10 and the retaliation value (the amount that the monster hits you for) was set to 2567. That basically means that you could hit the monster for cheap, and then you were one-shotted out of energy. By fixing the bug, the mob was changed to require 200 energy as intended, but the retaliation amount was lowered from 2567 to 63.

Much bigger benefit that downside from the bugfix, is what I am saying. So no, this didn't become more difficult/expensive to complete, it became less so.

I do apologize that this was not addressed earlier in the day in terms of messaging the bugfix necessity and deployment.
    Factually incorrect and intellectually dishonest reply.

Since your energy can not drop below zero, the hit back was irrelevant as long as you baby sat you device. People were blowing through this quest with the original parameters, many have completed it already, and now the quest is back to only the rich will complete it.

I am not buying this was a bug, as people posted about it(including me) within an hour of it starting and we got ZERO response about it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Not easier at all. Nobody waits until their energy is full to hit a mob with huge recoil and initial energy of 10 versus 200 is clearly a lot easier: hit, wait couple minutes hit the next. Come on CJ I KNOW YOU WORK FOR GREE BUT YOU AINT STUPID AND NEITHER ARE WE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Factually incorrect and intellectually dishonest reply.

Since your energy can not drop below zero, the hit back was irrelevant as long as you baby sat you device. People were blowing through this quest with the original parameters, many have completed it already, and now the quest is back to only the rich will complete it.

I am not buying this was a bug, as people posted about it(including me) within an hour of it starting and we got ZERO response about it.
    Fair enough, I suppose it is fair to say that this did result in higher energy costs if you were playing in that specific way, but that was side-effect rather than intent. You are entitled to believe what you like.

EDIT: The zero response was due entirely to the fact that we're down by a few community people this week (Sirius is out for a few days, for a start) and the focus has been on another forum by necessity. As you might notice, not a lot of posts over here this week.
    Last edited by CJ54; 01-02-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Post Count
    Any chance you can hop over to the Dragon Realms forum and address problems there?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Thumbs down

I'm sorry but while I understand the need to rectify a bug, your statement about fixing it making it easier / cheaper to fix is way off base.

The final mob in Heroic was set up to need 21 energy / hit, with 5400ish retaliation. Which is irrelevant if I only had 25 energy to start with.... At 5 energy / minute regen I could hit every 5 minutes (or 7 minutes for those with a minimum +3 recharge). At 6-7 hits per mob (I have decent hero strength) I could drop one 40 minutes if I paid attention. 7 mobs for the level and I could finish the level while watching a movie or two. Painlessly and, more importantly, *free*. Entire level: Under 5 hours recharge if I paid attention.

I have no idea what the mob is set to now, so will go with 300/hit and 100 retaliation for the sake of this argument. At 7 hits per mob, each mob now needs 2700 energy (6x(300+100) + 300 final hit), 7 thereof needing ~19000. We have suddenly jumped from 5 hours to 63 hours of energy regen at 5/minute. I am intentionally not including the potential savings of 100/hit from the retaliation and babysitting over 3 days is a lot different than babysitting over 5 hours.

Therefore, given the example numbers above (again, I don't know what they really are, but they it is the relativity that is material): what I could do for "free" with time on my side suddenly is out of the window with the last level alone needing 2.5 days of recharge.

Hence, I call out that based on the above, your following statement is both misleading and false
    So no, this didn't become more difficult/expensive to complete, it became less so.
    Last edited by Schar; 01-02-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    For once im actually going to defend Gree(WOW).

IMO you can complain when you lose gems (like i have done many times myself), but to complain because you didnt get the full cheat is not very valid. Event is designed for over 7 days so pretty time consuming, those who could exploit the bug the first day were lucky. For the rest of us i guess its just to do it the way it was intended to work in the first place. And next time pay better attention

137-831-990

Articulate Author
    Post Count

I disagree

The parameters of the event should be locked for the event. Some players completed the event in a much easier and less gem intensive fashion. Now the rest of us are playing by a different set of rules.

It is a MUCH more difficult event to complete now. Regardless of the bug in the event, gree should have just let it go so the playing field was fair.
    MW: 687 187 029
    MW: 493 124 485

KA: 387 537 422
    KA: 710 265 070

Post Count
    First of all, as a few have already pointed out, we do NOT save time or energy. Even beginning at full energy, the old way we'd get a few hits in, zero out, then get a hit every 1-5 minutes. The new way, we need hours.

But really that is not what we find unacceptable. What we find unacceptable is a PROMISE to no longer make changes to and event once it has been going on for many hours. Because that is FUNDAMENTALLY UNFAIR to make either the fast players or the slow players be given a huge advantage over the other. THAT is why we are upset. Because changes in the middle of the event disenfranchise either slow or fast players depending on whether the change makes it easier or harder. That is WRONG to do to one half of us or the other.

All your manor are belong to us.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well everyone knew it was a bug and everyone had the same time to finish it before it was fixed. Thats a level playing field to me.

I know you now will argue that many was away the first day so they didnt get to use the bug but hey thats just how life is. Im sure there are many away this whole week that cant make to finish this event at all. Should we give them an extra week?

137-831-990

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    First of all, as a few have already pointed out, we do NOT save time or energy. Even beginning at full energy, the old way we'd get a few hits in, zero out, then get a hit every 1-5 minutes. The new way, we need hours.

But really that is not what we find unacceptable. What we find unacceptable is a PROMISE to no longer make changes to and event once it has been going on for many hours. Because that is FUNDAMENTALLY UNFAIR to make either the fast players or the slow players be given a huge advantage over the other. THAT is why we are upset. Because changes in the middle of the event disenfranchise either slow or fast players depending on whether the change makes it easier or harder. That is WRONG to do to one half of us or the other.
    If that promise was made, i agree its dead wrong.

137-831-990