Unacceptable - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable

Post Count
    Why does there seem to be a Pattern occuring in these events.nearly every third event has to be re jigged half way through...and Gree pay these programers to do this..here a really simple guidline ..

Measure TWICE and CUT ONCE

its not hard to check before you release it...all this does is make GREE and its Employees look INCOMPETENT !
    Multi Billion Dollar company that makes stuff ups in nearly every event.
    Its only the players paying that still havent learnt not to spend (no pun) that you have survived this long.
    I will stick around as i deem the end is really close and this will be like a train wreck !

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I did not think it was a bug, and I am yet to be convinced that it was, but taking CJ at his word the following items are GREE's official position;

1. The event was drastically bugged
    2. Gree had insufficient employee resources to spot and/or rectify the bug for over 24 hours.
    3. The bug, if played properly gave participants a verifiable advantage to completing the quest easily without gems.

So far into an event with such a discrepancy in results for the player base, simply changing the code and saying 'oooops, sorry' is grossly inadequate of a response to a player base that you extract great sums of money from.

You are giving some players an advantage over others with no path to rectify this. May I suggest one, change the code back, eat this event, no player gains or loses compared to others, and install some sort of bugged event hot line for guild leaders so that such bizarre happenings do not go unnoticed for so long in the future.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    I did not think it was a bug, and I am yet to be convinced that it was, but taking CJ at his word the following items are GREE's official position;

1. The event was drastically bugged
    2. Gree had insufficient employee resources to spot and/or rectify the bug for over 24 hours.
    3. The bug, if played properly gave participants a verifiable advantage to completing the quest easily without gems.

So far into an event with such a discrepancy in results for the player base, simply changing the code and saying 'oooops, sorry' is grossly inadequate of a response to a player base that you extract great sums of money from.

You are giving some players an advantage over others with no path to rectify this. May I suggest one, change the code back, eat this event, no player gains or loses compared to others, and install some sort of bugged event hot line for guild leaders so that such bizarre happenings do not go unnoticed for so long in the future.
    Very well put, Shiloh.

All your manor are belong to us.

Consistent Contributor nicsonology's Avatar
    Post Count
    Peoples are funny… complaint maybe designed error when event starting, then complaint again when the error is fixed …. Wats the logic ??
    KA - nic - 714 078 305

Post Count
    I am surprised that you are all surprised by this. The LTQ not being tested was unacceptable. The delay in the fix was unacceptable. The response was unacceptable. The going back on their word about not changing an LTQ mid stream again was unacceptable. But, through all of this, many people were still able to complete it.

I trust CJ and Sirius. I want to believe that they are here for us, and I know that Gree is understaffed. However, I agree with Shiloh. If the LTQ is bugged and it's not caught quickly, they should announce that it is bugged and let it play out. Just apologize and get it right the next time.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vclone View Post
    I am surprised that you are all surprised by this. The LTQ not being tested was unacceptable. The delay in the fix was unacceptable. The response was unacceptable. The going back on their word about not changing an LTQ mid stream again was unacceptable. But, through all of this, many people were still able to complete it.

I trust CJ and Sirius. I want to believe that they are here for us, and I know that Gree is understaffed. However, I agree with Shiloh. If the LTQ is bugged and it's not caught quickly, they should announce that it is bugged and let it play out. Just apologize and get it right the next time.
    its good to see you Accept the unacceptable issue, its also good you Trust CJ and Sirius .....its even better when you just accept all the changes and dont complain and winge (not you), Gree is a Company that is suppose to Provide a GAMING EXPERIENCE ........if this company was just new i could understand , but its not ! so why put up with all the issues? If you pay you have a RIGHT to an "Acceptable" product from your provider...show me how Kingdom Age is an acceptable product ! i paid for a crappy glitchy game that was constantly changing halfway through events.....that was my choice and i fell for the glory that never happened !
    I chose to pay , i chose to gripe, i chose to quit
    its not Gree who should change .....its the players ! Gree will change when everyone goes away and doesnt spend, then they will have no issues cause they will have no games and last but not least NO COMPANY

Post Count
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon and say this is absolute garbage. Gree just should've ate this event and called it a day. Not only did my heroic 15 go from 12 energy to 155 the mob is still zapping all my energy like it did before the fixed the "bug" at least before I only had to way a few min to get the energy back up to hit now it's nearly impossible. On top of it when to kill off this last mob and it zapped my energy but the stupid thing didn't die or move it's energy bar. Earlier I tried to give Gree the benefit of the doubt and said "well at less to I was able to get this far" but I take it back. This is garbage. It went from easily attainable to a nightmare, if Gree didn't want to eat the event they could've at least split the difference. The fact they're saying they made it better for us is hilarious. Ya so we can spend money and gems and the final in heroic doesn't even have a bonus, I don't think so. Way to go again GREEdy.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I just find it funny that people even attempted in the first place. Sure high level players I can understand because the xp to your character wouldn't be much. For anyone under at least 125, why even bother. You look and you see a grand prize unit of 50k with no bonus, why even go after it. You know there is normal and heroic, so his many levels you want to increase just to get a 50k unit?

Lurker
    Post Count

Angry Completely Unacceptable !

QUOTE -----This was a bug-fix, and a necessary one. The balance for the event was set to a negative number (in a field that should only take positive numbers). That bug caused two things: lower initial energy costs, but RIDICULOUSLY expensive retaliation costs. As a post fix/pre-fix example, one of the mobs initial energy costs was 10 and the retaliation value (the amount that the monster hits you for) was set to 2567. That basically means that you could hit the monster for cheap, and then you were one-shotted out of energy. By fixing the bug, the mob was changed to require 200 energy as intended, but the retaliation amount was lowered from 2567 to 63.

Much bigger benefit that downside from the bugfix, is what I am saying. So no, this didn't become more difficult/expensive to complete, it became less so.

I do apologize that this was not addressed earlier in the day in terms of messaging the bugfix necessity and deployment.

I have been a player for over a year and this is one of the most RETARDED things I have seen done by Gree
    Have a nice day !

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Do you call KA a game? Have a look what real developers make on all platforms and you will see that this a just a sorry excuse to get more money out of your pockets.

Just tapping things is something you could teach a monkey, but at least he won't be that stupid to spend is real money.

Join the GREEDIGNADIOS, all founders all called on GroupMe, if Gree doesn't change it back to a real game as it was with Funzio...then the players will pull out the plug.

You're invited to my new group 'War boycot 31/Jan - 03/Feb' on GroupMe. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/6535558/
    Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +23% causality reduction
    +23% health regeneration
    +38 guild member
    +15% energy regen

Spi

my id 494-341-102

our guild : 128-761-840

Post Count

You gone too far

Hell yeah Spi! I'm already there :-)
    You gone too far this time, GREE. Moving the goalposts during an event is not cool. You fell on your sword.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Davian Hax View Post
    Hell yeah Spi! I'm already there :-)
    You gone too far this time, GREE. Moving the goalposts during an event is not cool. You fell on your sword.
    Signed the Greedignadios.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Fair enough, I suppose it is fair to say that this did result in higher energy costs if you were playing in that specific way, but that was side-effect rather than intent. You are entitled to believe what you like.

EDIT: The zero response was due entirely to the fact that we're down by a few community people this week (Sirius is out for a few days, for a start) and the focus has been on another forum by necessity. As you might notice, not a lot of posts over here this week.
    You guys have been understaffed a long time now, maybe do something about it.
    But please dont say things like not a lot of posts here last week, while we havent seen you here in multiple weeks. I know your not support, but there have been issues where a member of your staff could have replied. Where were you? I know in another forum.
    Again i ask you has kingdom age lost the interest of Gree and when will you pull the plug? That is a fair question for all players and an answer is the least you can give.

Thank you and keep up the good work you also do.

PS unban Rastlin and Ratma please. If i were you id listen to them more.
    KA 513742975

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hahaha, do you think they will tell you when they pull out the plug? You can still play Monster Quest, even when this game is dead.

Keep spending money, keep complaining, keep Gree laughing their way to the bank...

Why would they hire extra support, as you keep spending whatever they do or don't
    Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +23% causality reduction
    +23% health regeneration
    +38 guild member
    +15% energy regen

Spi

my id 494-341-102

our guild : 128-761-840

Lurker
    Post Count

Fraud is unacceptable.

I completely agree that what has taken place is unacceptable. CJ can try to justify what Gree pulled with the "Tidings Of Solstice" quest as much as he wishes, but the truth of the matter is that Gree has committed a blatant act of fraud.

By offering a product (the quest) that included an exchange of money as an available part of the product, Gree legally contracted itself to a set of terms and conditions with those players who chose to begin using Gree's quest-product for the duration of their use of the quest-product. By suddenly changing the initially-set conditions of the quest, Gree has performed a variation of the illegal business-practice known as "bait and switch" - the variation being that Gree switched the conditions of completing use of their product instead of the prices contained within their product.

I was offered a set of conditions in order to complete the quest, and the conditions of play were subsequently switched to a higher degree of difficulty than I'd previously been under. I was on level 13/20 of the heroic-level of the quest when Gree changed the initially-set conditions of their product. With the strategy that I was using under the original conditions of play, I would have easily completed the quest in about two more hours. With the new conditions, at my current level and stats, I won't be able to complete the quest at all without buying and spending gems. I am therefore directly accusing Gree of illegally using a form of "bait and switch" fraud in an attempt to coerce me to spend money that I would not have otherwise needed to spend in order to complete my use of their product.

No matter whether all of us can agree about the illegality of what Gree has done, I think that all of us can agree that what Gree did was grossly unethical and highly dishonorable - especially dishonorable after their promise to not make changes in active-quests anymore. In my opinion, the only way that Gree can reclaim their honor in this matter is to declare this tainted-quest to be null and void, and then do a data-push to place the reward for completing the quest in every Kingdom Age player's inventory.