New LTQ System?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New LTQ System?

Post Count

New LTQ System?

With stat inflation and gold expense spiralling out of control to achieve these new Incredible Hulk stat weapons I have read and heard more and more comments from disgruntled players.

The current model is flawed and Gree are struggling to find the right balance. The players are getting sick of the bar being raised on the amount of energy to complete events.
    In the past if you missed a event and didn't receive the prize it wasn't a major, now players can't afford to drop one event as your stats will suffer.

Maybe just maybe, if we come up with some solutions one of the staff may look at the players and the concerns we are voicing..... Odds are very slim and we are all probably reaching out in vain.

Here's one thought I have had on LTQ. Make it obtainable for a free playing to complete the event if he spends a reasonable amount of time and energy on it over a 4 day period.
    If you finish it faster and within a time period the weapon has a modifier with it.

Example the main prize is say a 10,000 Att and def weapon.
    Finish as below
    1st day - the weapon could have 4% mod on it
    2nd day 2%
    3rd day - no modifier

Obviously to finish on the earlier days gold would be required for the average player to do so.
    The gap would be smaller between gold and free players and Gree still get gold spenders.

I also think 20 gold for a 1000 energy refill is a massive joke. 10 gold sounds better or make it a full energy refill.

Something needs to be done before it's too late for CC!
    Last edited by Touch Down; 01-01-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Southen Rebels - Rank 22
    Southern Rebels II - Rank 86

Banned
    In Heaven fighting for Jesus against Commies
    Post Count
    Just hope for Gree going bankrupt and CC sold off to some other gaming company that is not totally tone deaf.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    here's one way to structure prizes to help curb it:

level 1 500/500
    level 2 600/600
    level 3 650/650
    level 4 700/700
    level 5 750/750
    level 6 800/800
    level 7 850/850
    level 8 900/900
    level 9 950/950
    level 10 30,000/30,000

or something similar to this. make the last level very difficult to beat. this way only people that spend large amounts of gold to finish get the prize. cuz lets be honest, if you're gonna pay to play, you should get better stats. and the stats should be absurdly unbalanced for these heavy gold spenders.

Post Count
    suggestions suggestions

how about, make it somewhat like the collect 10/20 event?
    complete the ltq event in one day and get 50k prize. complete the event in 2 days, get 40k prize. complete in 3 days, get 30k prize and so on .. i mean, the event should be doable and everyone should be awarded something so that a free player doesn't feel like a fool at the end of the event.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    suggestions suggestions

complete the ltq event in one day and get 50k prize. complete the event in 2 days, get 40k prize. complete in 3 days, get 30k prize and so on .. i mean, the event should be doable and everyone should be awarded something so that a free player doesn't feel like a fool at the end of the event.
    That ain't a bad idea.
    Facta Non Verba

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    suggestions suggestions

I don't agree with a sliding scale like that. If events were doable by free players prepared to put in the necessary time and effort then they should be awarded the same prize as those who choose to use gold. Some gold spenders might cry about it, but tough. Spending gold is just a way of telescoping time - the same as energy glitching really, but in a company approved manner.

The OP made the crucial point that if a player doesn't complete pretty much every event they will lose ground on their rivals. Back in the day a player could spend a little and get a boost against their rivals -my own stats were never world beaters, but some judicious spending meant only the heavy gold spenders on my level could beat me before syndicates. These days players have come to expect an outlay of hundreds of dollars each cycle (excluding any war spending) just to effectively tread water. Is it any wonder under such circumstances that so many people did the glitches?

Gree have got to realise players are not just cash cows to be milked ceaselessly. I hope they will listen, but the management culture doesn't give me much confidence in a change.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I don't agree with a sliding scale like that. If events were doable by free players prepared to put in the necessary time and effort then they should be awarded the same prize as those who choose to use gold. Some gold spenders might cry about it, but tough. Spending gold is just a way of telescoping time - the same as energy glitching really, but in a company approved manner.

The OP made the crucial point that if a player doesn't complete pretty much every event they will lose ground on their rivals. Back in the day a player could spend a little and get a boost against their rivals -my own stats were never world beaters, but some judicious spending meant only the heavy gold spenders on my level could beat me before syndicates. These days players have come to expect an outlay of hundreds of dollars each cycle (excluding any war spending) just to effectively tread water. Is it any wonder under such circumstances that so many people did the glitches?

Gree have got to realise players are not just cash cows to be milked ceaselessly. I hope they will listen, but the management culture doesn't give me much confidence in a change.
    I'd love to go with the suggestion that gree allows the same prizes for free players. but then any reason to spend gold? the way this company manages stuff, i don't think there's any chance gree would allow what you are suggesting sm ..

Consistent Contributor Gunflame's Avatar
    Post Count

I hope something happens.

Energy based LTQs . . .

> There are always too many in one cycle
    > The format becomes extremely boring and bland due to it being repeated over, and over, etc.
    > Non interactive

Maybe I am bias to how boring it is to do a mission in CC. I am tired of the structure though. I'm not trying to be inherently negative, but it seems like events have lost the "life" I felt they once carried. Prizes areso large now that someone who was a fun and competitive rival with me could soar above me in a couple of days. I'm not sure where your trying to lead me and this game Gree team, I really don't. I wanna enjoy this game, because it has enjoyable social ties attached to it, but the repetitive and bland gameplay makes me feel like not much care and ambition goes into this game unless its something that needs immediate fixing.

To setup layers in the game will lead again the game to the wrong direction it headed. Right now, if you don't spend gold, you are worthless in this game. By spending gold, I don't mean a small amount of gold, I mean half a vault to one vault per cycle to catch up with the stats inflation.

Most of the online game balance is built upon the fact that free users could complete all levels of LTQ or a reasonable level(9/10) if they time it perfectly. So a final price is obtained by spending a little bit gold(like 100 to 200 gold e.g.) Gold users could speed up the process if they don't have time or don't want to put up time to do the calculation -- they get it for a price, fair enough.

If a LTQ can't be completed without at least 500 to thousands gold required, free users will sit out and eventually quit the game. The game is really not who plays the best, but who had most amounts of gold. Then why we should compete in this game then, we have a real life competing on the money already. I thought the entire purpose of gaming is to escape the reality and get some fun in the virtual world.

Btw, not to mention the observation that

The items you purchased using a vault of gold might worth nothing in 6 months. If Gree wants to squeeze the last bit of money from people and shut down the game, that's the way to go.

Banned
    Post Count
    I like how now that the energy glitch is fixed, all of a sudden people have a problem with 3 LTQs per cycle.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish Master View Post
    Most of the online game balance is built upon the fact that free users could complete all levels of LTQ or a reasonable level(9/10) if they time it perfectly. So a final price is obtained by spending a little bit gold(like 100 to 200 gold e.g.) Gold users could speed up the process if they don't have time or don't want to put up time to do the calculation -- they get it for a price, fair enough.
    I Agree 100%.
    At the moment it is costing hundreds of dollars to finish some events. It should be obtainable with a small amount of gold.
    If you have 10% of accounts spending a lot of gold to finish Gree would get x amount. They could achieve the same turnover if 50% of accounts were spending a little amount of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by indians View Post
    I like how now that the energy glitch is fixed, all of a sudden people have a problem with 3 LTQs per cycle.
    Glitch or no glitch the stat inflation and the cost are getting over the top.
    Gree are making it a punishment playing this game instead of fun. The drain on the customers real life resources is wearing everyone down.
    Last edited by Touch Down; 01-02-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Southen Rebels - Rank 22
    Southern Rebels II - Rank 86

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Completely agree Wish Master. This game is not a premium product but a mass market one. It's still advertised as free to play, but everyone knows they're screwed going free unless a new player knows someone in a top syndicate (or successful streak splinter) that they can ride the coat-tails of for a cycle or two.

If Gree are only interested in the super wealthy, they should market their games as such.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    $5 a month and lose all gold spenders? cool idea

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I like the monthly membership, they can even do it where the more months you pay for you a bit of a discount just like the gold, oh and give military discount!
    One shot, one kill, ready to die, but never will!