Transparency Required - an open letter to Gree

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transparency Required - an open letter to Gree

Banned
    Post Count

Transparency Required - an open letter to Gree

Don't be fooled by my Junior Member profile on the forum. I am no newbie. I have been playing this game for almost a year now and my faction usually ranks under the top 25 of factions. I never posted on the forum before because I never saw the need, although I have followed everything on here since I started playing.

I have spent thousands of dollars on my addiction to Modern War. Whatever your personal view is of people spending gold, it is irrelevant. It is my choice to do with my money as I please and if you want to comment on that, go troll elsewhere.

My point is, I have invested some serious money here. I have done so because I actually love this game and my team. And despite all the complaints here on the forum, I know the vast majority of you love it too, otherwise you would not be here reading my post. We all just want some things to change.

As someone with a vested financial interest in this game and as someone who cares about the future of this game, I believe I have the right to raise legitimate concerns without fear of being banned. I also believe Gree owes me, and in fact all of you, a comprehensive response on these issues and not an automated email in the hope that we will go away and continue spending. In fact, I am sure I am speaking on behalf of the majority of the Modern War community when I say what I am about to say.

Gree, you promised to be transparent. Unfortunately a lot of things seem to be going on that suggest you are anything but. In fact, some very questionable things seem to be taking place – or at least that is what we are starting to believe. This is all fine and well when people are not spending real money, but when you are dealing with consumers who pay you real money, it becomes a very different ball game. We have rights as consumers and above all deserve to be told what we are spending our money on. You, on the other hand, have a duty to treat us fairly. You are an international business, so you should know that.

I would ask Gree to reply in open forum to each of the following questions, as they go to the heart of whether we are all treated fairly. Give us comfort, Gree, that there is a level playing field so that we can move on and continue to spend money and play this game.

1. Players or Factions with connections to Gree: Do any players or factions have any connections with Gree that could give them an advantage over any other players? This would include, for example, players who are rewarded with gold, units, money or other incentives for providing assistance of some sort to Gree; factions who are able to request Gree to change top prizes during WD Events or otherwise cause Gree to intervene; or players who have any affiliation with Gree (such as employees or contractors of Gree who also have live accounts in the game and who participate in events). If so, how many players fall in this category and are any of them in any of the top 10 factions? If some sort of "reward" program exists for those who assist Gree, please provide details of this and how all players can join (I assume it will be open to everyone, not just a select few).

2. Information: Are any players or factions privy to any information about the game that would give them an advantage over other players? For example, are any players given information about upcoming events, releases, new buildings, the way in which quests will be run or other changes to the game before they are implemented? If so how can all players get access to this same information so we are not disadvantaged?

3. Access to Gree Support: Do any players or factions have priority access to Gree support or Gree developers? If so, can all other players obtain this same level of access? If not, what "categories" do you operate and what do players need to do in order to get this same access?

4. Access to Gree systems: Do any players have access to Gree systems or servers? If so, please provide details. What steps do you take to ensure your servers and systems cannot be accessed by players in an unauthorized way to manipulate the game in their favor and to the detriment of other players? Rumors persist that some individuals in the very top factions can access and change game data. Are you aware of these rumors and can you give us all absolute comfort that is not the case?

5. Lifespan of Modern War: Lots of us have asked whether all the recent changes signal your "last hurrah!" with this game. We are left wondering, are you trying to get the last bit of revenue from us before consigning Modern War to the scrap heap? Everything points to it: events have become ridiculously expensive and the stats inflation is simply not sustainable. Gree, tell us, do you plan to close down the game at some point? Do you have a date in mind? Can you give us an undertaking that you will inform all of the MW community at least three months in advance if you do decide to pull the plug, so we can stop spending and burn through our piles of gold? Or will you commit to refund all gold left unspent at the point that you close the game?

I hope to hear from you very shortly on this, Gree. I think we all do. If you do not see fit to reply, or delete this or ban me, so be it. We will all draw our own conclusions from that.

Thank you for your time and look forward to open dialogue on these issues.

Post Count
    Good questions
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Would like to know the answers
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Consistent Contributor Maddog's Wife's Avatar
    Post Count
    I would like to see official answers the the above referenced questions. Thank you for asking them, Change.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Bump for answers

Lurker
    Post Count
    It would be truly amazing to see how huge the impact would be if the leadership at Gree would address these questions. I think many others feel as I do, the game and community are wonderful, but I am hesitant to continue to invest money due to concerns about how long the game will be around.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Already Answered

Gree is not a new company. Modern War is not its first game. Look at other games they had that are no longer around for answers. This game, and all others, are not intended for long term play. A few years at most. The company is continually investing in "the next big thing". Research and development. Paying programmers for a product that is not yet earning any revenues. When a game begins to lose money, they must end it, so that their new projects still in development can continue to release. Each game also requires servers and customer support. In past Gree games, they have shut down with notice ahead of time. However, their stance on the gold issue has always been that you spend it or lose it. No refunds, no exchanges, nothing. My advice... buy only what you need for this month, do not stockpile.

I sympathize with the amounts of money spent on accounts. I have done so as well. However, it saves me a great deal of frustration having a slightly different view of my "investment". I equate the money I spend in Modern War and ither games as an entertainment expense. The same as if I were to go to a movie or a football game. If the movie is not a blockbuster or your favorite team loses, you are not entitled to a refund. I do not consider those investments, they were more like rent, a way to enjoy my time for a few hours. That being said, you may have seen me post in forum before about getting what I pay for, or getting my money's worth. Both of those gold true. If you went to a movie and the sound was not working you should expect to receive a free ticket to another showing because you did not get the entertainment you paid for.

I am 100% in support of transparency. All consumers have a right to know what they are buying and to get what they paid for. But Gree will not answer your questions. For anything they say can and will be used against them. Good luck though, sometimes miracles do happen. Perhaps being the one-millionth customer to pose the question you'll be rewarded with an answer.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    They will never answer these question.. They running a business.. No one discloses the business strategies.. They really just dont care.. But still you might get lucky to have answers.. In that case you will be extreme luky with all due respect..

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    What answers????

Banned
    Post Count
    @MadAtWorld: I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick here. I am not trying to get back some of the money I spent on the game. At some point I will quit or the game will be shut down, and I won't get back a cent. It is money spent on entertainment, gone forever and I will have nothing to show for it. What I do want to know going forward, though, is whether we are all playing the same game, or whether there are people or factions that have an unfair advantage over 99% of the other players. The answer to my questions may hasten my and other players' decision about when to stop our spending on this particular form of entertainment, or may give me the assurance I am looking for to continue to spend.

@Aks: You also misunderstand. This is not about Gree's business strategies at all. I am asking a seller to explain its product to me, the customer. If I pay to enrol for a competition, I am entitled to know whether my entry fee buys me the same chance as any other competitor or if others have an unfair advantage over me. This is basic consumer law all over the world. If the competition owner refuses to answer I will infer from that there is something it wishes not to tell me, so I will not spend. And if it lures me into spending by giving false answers (or if it omits to tell me something that it knows will influence my decision - and more about that later) then it has a case to answer.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Rumors of this games death are greatly exaggerated. That said, it is hard to develop a user base like mw with recurring revenue. Gree has tried, all their recent games have been flops. Cc, ka and mw are their ONLY successful titles with significant and recurring revenues. Their Asian business is a disaster thanks to the court ruling, you would think they would be taking more care of one of their few hits. They are trying to stabilize and grow revenue but are getting to the point where they are getting blood out of stones. For those of you who need a lesson, this company is valued on a revenue multiple basis, they higher the growth rate the higher the multiple. One bad quarter and the multiple goes down. Given Japan is flat , they are trying show growth from the us. The problem is if they are not careful revenue will go down. It's sort of like state taxes, there is an optimal point to raise to before aggregate revenues begin to decline as people move. This has not yet reached terminal velocity but they are pushing the limits.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Bump for good luck.

Great questions, but I doubt we will see any real answers...Just denial mixed in with more smoke and mirrors.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I have read in the forum before some time ago a SUP member admitting he had met in person with senior person within Gree, but I can't remember the thread. He was answering a number of questions thrown at him.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thank you for your email. We have passed your concerns on to our programmers. We now consider this issue closed.

Post Count
    Highly doubt we will see any answers, but would like to bump just incase.