Things I had in mind while playing KA 1 year ago (yeah is one of those posts)

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I had in mind while playing KA 1 year ago (yeah is one of those posts)

Post Count

Cool Things I had in mind while playing KA 1 year ago (yeah is one of those posts)

I have started playing KA since around one year ago, and looking back I realize there were some game aspects that I had in mind while playing back then, now no more:

- Buying units - I did give importance to my army units. Ie more attack or defense strength. Buy some few expensive units or many cheap ones. Go for the Knights (9/9) with 180 gold or Gladiators (13/9) with 250. Reaching the 1.000 total attack strength of my army did took me some time.

- Casualty rate - The unit's casualty rate was also something to consider. Magic units were nice but they died like flies. I believe some people would invest in those units knowing they would give them the advantage to raid, thus paying it. Today everyone have indestructible units. We fight thousands of battles and nobody dies.

- Buying weapons - Weapons were already indestructible and I did buy a lot of them. It really pays off buying all those Mail Crushers with 14/21. Having 1.500 of them will give you a 31k decisive edge over your adversaries. No more you will be raided..

- Finishing maps, doing individual quests & tournament rounds - They probably have an end, and I wonder if someone did finish them.

- Building and upgrading - Invest in gold buildings and grow on profits, or choose to go straight away for army buildings and raid others for gold. I choose the first option and nowadays my army buildings aren’t even fully upgraded.

- Buying land squares to expand the kingdom – Today I still find amusing seeing those kingdoms that have the shape of a snake. I still go to the last tile and raid the Manor. Mine is a perfect square. I was planning to place my buildings in organized manner, with streets, fountains and forests, for all visitors to see, only to realize that those objects can’t be seen by anyone.
    (btw don’t try to hide your Manor in the middle of the forest).

Best regards and a good year.
    New Kingdom Age ID 198-289-971 198289971
    Old Kingdom Age ID 436-985-770 436985770

Post Count
    Had to laugh at this. I thought same thing as well. Also if iph is too high compared to your defence you can be raided successfully raided by someone with significantly lower stats than you
    Join the kingdom giants 789-864-115
    Join hero quest 884-824-165

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This isn't a game, it's an online jackpot :-)
    Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +23% causality reduction
    +23% health regeneration
    +38 guild member
    +15% energy regen

Spi

my id 494-341-102

our guild : 128-761-840

Post Count
    Love your post! Gets me nostalgic.

Before guilds, LTQs, etc., a free player could still obtain stats that were better than most with some careful, strategic planning (BD10, dragons, weapons & armor). On the flip side, all of those changes have definitely made the game more interesting.

Overall, even though the game has become more of a spending competition, and my placement in the KA world has dropped significantly because I simply can't keep up with the high rollers, I still find it entertaining enough to not delete it. And I've met some cool people along the way. So time well spent for the most part, as far as I'm concerned.

Although it is fun to remember the days when my free dragon army kept my news feed green for months

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sousas View Post
    Mine is a perfect square. I was planning to place my buildings in organized manner, with streets, fountains and forests, for all visitors to see, only to realize that those objects can’t be seen by anyone.
    I remember when I found out no one could see the trees, and cool way I built my kingdom. I ended up getting rid of all the decoration as it was only getting in my way, and no one could see it... I still have my graveyard, and a headstone for each friend of mine that has retired.....it is getting pretty big...

Post Count
    When the wars started i had 72 k stats now just over 6 million in stats only became gem player in last 2 months
    Join the kingdom giants 789-864-115
    Join hero quest 884-824-165

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I miss my dragon army. It took much effort to get it. It was a real accomplishment in this game, and now it is meaningless.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I started this game 1/2 year ago myself. During those times, there were different ways to play the game. Now, it seems that no matter how you want to play it, the only way is to spend a lot of gems and get as much powerful units as possible. With the possibilities of multiple upgrades, more gold payouts per raids, quicker energy/health regens, it wipes out other options. It just seems like everything is gearing towards being in powerful guilds and hitting top 10 all the time to get every reward under the sun.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AllFather Odin View Post
    I started this game 1/2 year ago myself. During those times, there were different ways to play the game. Now, it seems that no matter how you want to play it, the only way is to spend a lot of gems and get as much powerful units as possible. With the possibilities of multiple upgrades, more gold payouts per raids, quicker energy/health regens, it wipes out other options. It just seems like everything is gearing towards being in powerful guilds and hitting top 10 all the time to get every reward under the sun.
    You would be correct. The closer you are to being in the top guild the better off you are

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    You would be correct. The closer you are to being in the top guild the better off you are
    Until the top get bored or fed up with Gree, and then it all comes crashing down.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I remember those days. Played this game when it started but stopped for a while. I came back a day before guilds were started. It changed the game but I met some great people.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    "Man we really need the casualty defense bonus because losing that many dragons are killing me. They're so expensive. It takes me three hours of collecting to buy one unit."

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    "Man we really need the casualty defense bonus because losing that many dragons are killing me. They're so expensive. It takes me three hours of collecting to buy one unit."
    Who has units that die anymore?
    When I started I was told I had to quickly increase the boost building so units wouldn't die. I don't use units in fighting anymore that can die

Post Count
    Things I had in mind while playing KA 1 year ago...

This is a lot of fun during my down time in the winter. You can pay for gems...why bother?

I was not thinking...this is an addictive grind that I can't seem to shake off or find a reason to quit.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I started almost 1 year ago exactly, January 10th I think. I just hit 10.1 million in stats and it's a totally different game now. It took me forever to hit 100k, now I get that in 1 unit. It kind of made all the hard work in the beginning worthless. Maybe some new huge stat gold units would help. Defense buldings with several thousand defense instead of 20 would be kinda cool. But really being in a streak guild or a top 25 guild is the only way to be a big time player. At 10 mil I am one of the lowest stat players in my guild lol.