Conspiracy Theory to Ponder

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theory to Ponder

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Conspiracy Theory to Ponder

Is it possible that the host of this game know it is a dying game. They have new products already in the market and this one is the outdated model. The problem is, people have spent real money on a product and if the host was to just turn off the servers there would be thousands of people filing suit for taking away profiles from players that have been bought and paid for. With that thought in mind, why not continue to keep the servers plugged in but lower quality of service to the point that everyone leaves on their own. The customer gets so frustrated with the service that they just quit. The host of the game after a few months can safely turn off the servers with no fear of litigation from customers that have spent tons of money. Sure there may be a few stragglers that they have to compensate with a shinny new carrot, but the real threats to the game host have moved on and taken their losses.
    Just thinking out loud.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Have a good read at what happens.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...s-this-the-end

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU View Post
    Wow, I had no idea.

I can't wait until this game is a deserted wasteland. GREE has turned it to S#it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog11 View Post
    Is it possible that the host of this game know it is a dying game. They have new products already in the market and this one is the outdated model. The problem is, people have spent real money on a product and if the host was to just turn off the servers there would be thousands of people filing suit for taking away profiles from players that have been bought and paid for. With that thought in mind, why not continue to keep the servers plugged in but lower quality of service to the point that everyone leaves on their own. The customer gets so frustrated with the service that they just quit. The host of the game after a few months can safely turn off the servers with no fear of litigation from customers that have spent tons of money. Sure there may be a few stragglers that they have to compensate with a shinny new carrot, but the real threats to the game host have moved on and taken their losses.
    Just thinking out loud.
    when u read the TOS it says they can wihtout any reason remove u from the game without explantion..not saying i agree or disagree with it just stateing what it is,so im not sure how the law works on a lawsuit with the TOS reading clearly they can take the game away and yet we pay to play(some do i dont no more thanks to gree).

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog11 View Post
    Just thinking out loud.
    agreed 100%

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    when u read the TOS it says they can wihtout any reason remove u from the game without explantion..not saying i agree or disagree with it just stateing what it is,so im not sure how the law works on a lawsuit with the TOS reading clearly they can take the game away and yet we pay to play(some do i dont no more thanks to gree).
    something like that doesn't always stand in court

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by /bean View Post
    something like that doesn't always stand in court
    thats great news for us then

Gree, what the hell!

They just did this with their Mlb full deck game. They closed down the server and people cant play anymore.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I don't know if you guys noticed, but all of these games are pretty much the same game with different pixels. They aren't going anywhere. 5 games running the same code with different pixels would be a waste to trash. We will have been long gone from the game by the time it's dusty servers are yanked. Even if they did pull the plug I can see iTunes giving back ALL the money we spent so its nothing but a win win for us.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    they can take the game away and yet we pay to play(some do i dont no more thanks to gree).
    Right on - no more GREEd games of any content on any of my devices and advising all i meet to stay away [unless u never spend a dime and thanks for Apple iTunes who graciously refunded me all]

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    MW is too much of a big money spinner. It's bigger than KA but I can't speak for CC or Mafia Wars as I don't play them.
    The amount of money spent during wars and to an extent LTQs is too much for gree to abandon.
    What the game needs is a company that is fully behind it, committed to its customers and their opinions. That's the hard bit.
    A buy out would be the best way forward and fir the developers to be rigorous and accountable for mistakes made.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post
    MW is too much of a big money spinner. It's bigger than KA but I can't speak for CC or Mafia Wars as I don't play them.
    The amount of money spent during wars and to an extent LTQs is too much for gree to abandon.
    What the game needs is a company that is fully behind it, committed to its customers and their opinions. That's the hard bit.
    A buy out would be the best way forward and fir the developers to be rigorous and accountable for mistakes made.
    spot on mate..a buyout would be awesome..if anyone has ever dealt with itunes if we jsut had 10% of the customer service they got in apple.. we would see a huge turnout granted we did get a company with 100% behind the game(like apple is) then i think we all would be shocked to have someone that actually cared..gree wants out it seems to me so they are killig it and ruining what we all spent years investing in

Post Count
    I used to play a Gree game called "Zombie Jombie" when I first got my ipod. It was a game where you collected zombie cards and used them to fight other people, epic bosses, etc. It was also basically a "pay to win" game. Instead of gold, they had "brains" that you could use to restore energy and complete missions. At first brains were incredibly rare to obtain for free and you could also buy them. After awhile the epic bosses stopped happening, no new missions were available, and they made brains incredibly easy to obtain for free. No updates, no warning, all support just stopped. I personally spent money to get better cards so I could beat stronger players. After all of this the only thing to do was literally attack other players. My point here is that Gree has done what people are talking about here before, so don't be surprised if it happens to all of these games as well. Heres a link about the game http://product.gree.net/us/en/games/zombie-jombie

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    For me it's simple. Gree is here to make money. They understand the short life span of these games. Put those two things together and you get your answer. This game is on the way out with many players leaving. Unhappy with the service and the ever increasing gold intensive events. What we have here at the moment is a race to the top of nothing with large amounts of money being spent on medals. Ensuring that the elite players have to spend a large amount of money to get the big prizes in a short space of time.

This keeps the money coming in and the shareholders happy and the bonuses flowing. When this game is flogged to death Gree will turn its attention to one of its other games. Whichever one has the biggest spenders I would guess, then exploit them too. The developers will always be developing new games with new technologies ready to exploit the next bunch of people. It's a vicious cycle which the only regard it pays to its users is to how much money they can fleece out of you.

I suggest you walk away now because this doesn't end well for any of us. Gree counts on you not being able to walk away so is able to execute its evil plans, muwhahaha! Seriously though, time to walk away and remember what you have learnt. Good luck.