Cuba and the bay of pigs

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuba and the bay of pigs

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Cuba and the bay of pigs

The following will let you know just how appropriate the title is...
    Awarded Units

♦ Black Death Soldier ♦ General Command Ship ♦ Warlord Siege Tank ♦ Black Dragon Fighter
    ♦ Hard Case Humvee ♦ Super Ultra Mega Tank♦ Illuminati Helicopter ♦ Brazillian Warlord Helicopter ♦ Cataclysmic Destroyer ♦ Faction Raider ♦ Guerilla Striker♦ Seawolf Class Destroyer♦

My ID is 852-458-827

Lurker
    Post Count

How the lion was slain by a rat

I have been playing this game from the early days, initially as a Spartan with Ripper, then a Penguin with Ferr and until now as an officer in TKO.

This is my first posting in this forum. I thought some people might be interested in recent events as I saw them unfold in Cuba.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the friendships I have made and the camaraderie our team has shared. I have turned a blind eye to the numerous and often expensive glitches thrown our way by Gree and gritted my teeth coming in 52nd and 53rd in those expensive crate events. I have also ignored the constant raids on my base by our friends at SUP and took them as just part of the game – I never hit back once.

The game is called Modern War, and war needs enemies. The Ferr and latterly TKO attempts to unseat SUP have been fun to be part of. It’s been great being the underdog – we have tried our best with honour and a sense of humour. I have had no hard feelings toward SUP – without them the game wouldn’t be as fun – although their spying tactics have been unpleasant.

For over a year now at Ferr and TKO we have raised an eyebrow to SUP continually sending spies and saboteurs into our camp. It’s a below-the-belt tactic SUP seems to enjoy – we have never done it - it’s unethical and immoral. All the SUP spies amounted to little more than a thorn in our side.

Then Cuba comes along…

We decided to split into two main groups to maximise our chances of getting all the streak wins and called ourselves Christmas related things – I was Dancer and Panzer was Mrs Claus for instance. We wanted the streaks to ensure the big investment we all made in getting all the medals before paid off. Going after the medals made us spend a lot of money – a bonanza for Gree. Our power team – which I was in – had 25 of us with the lowest defence level of 30 million. Few could touch us which was key to get our streaks when coming up against our much loved foes – SUP and GSF. This is where things started to go wrong.

A player called Poone Pounder joined us and changed his name to SUP Hunter. Ripper and others had vigorously interviewed him and he had become a member of our family on our communication programs, sharing personal stories and so on. He was one of us. Soon into Cuba he changed his name to Sup Rules and started declaring so we would be matched with SUP1. We matched against GSF and won. Since we were too strong for SUP2 and GSF he reduced his allies to 20, making his defence 13 million and an easy target for SUP2 and GSF. He continued to declare throughout Cuba, always trying to match us so we would lose while he communicated with his spy masters in SUP. He proved to be a most effective saboteur and traitor – the definition of a rat. He made us lose our streaks and miss the 50 win prize by one battle. He amassed over 27,000 losses for us.

His and SUP’s actions would have been fine (albeit morally bankrupt) if we could act – this is a war game. However we were powerless to stop him declaring and could not boot him from the team. We had to sit and watch the destruction.

Most of us are so sickened by this tactic and the fact that Gree condones it that we are retiring from the game. The list of retirees includes some of the strongest players in MW. it’s a very sad day.

If Gree had even a basic sense of what is right and wrong this underhand and truly unpleasant behaviour would not be tolerated in the game. They clearly don’t. They have duped me and my comrades out of a great deal of money since the medals started and we refuse to be conned any more.

So the rat had his day in the sun and has successfully ruined the game for some of its most active and loyal players. I am sure he is thrilled by this outcome as his masters at SUP are too. With us – SUP’s only viable competitors for so long – gone or extremely weakened, they can happily carry on fighting themselves and paying Gree for bigger and richer prizes to use on who knows whom.

Joanne TKO

Lurker
    Post Count
    Fix the Declare button Gree!! Officers only!! It's that simple..that's all we ask. A lot of people wasted a lot of money on these medals just to be duped by SUPs below the belt tactics. It's a disgrace

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I've never made the decision on to dislike sup or not, if this is true they should be kicked out or face some kind of punishment. But this person could just be rogue and not necessarily following sup officers. You need evidence of that too. Also do you have screenshots of this SUP Rules from the Cuba wd.

Consistent Contributor Maddog's Wife's Avatar
    Post Count
    I wondered about this post when I saw it. Guess now I know. Seedy and underhanded tactics. I am sorry this happened. Perhaps the exodus of giants in the game will change it, however I shall not be holding my breath.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...8515-SUP-Rules

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Some DO care

Gree may not care... SUP may not care... and there may be those playing the game who do not care and would say that this is war, anything is fair. My response to that: this is a war GAME. We all come here for the enjoyment it should bring. Games should be a test, of skill, time, dedication... There is no reason and no excuse to play without Honor and Integrity. My personal rule is that I compete within the bounds of the game and expect others to accept the the same, as I do. I raid, and do not cry when I am raided. I attack fiercely in war and revel when my team wins. And suffer disappointment at a loss. But accept that I must merely try harder next time. Our faction splits during WD. In battle, I would not do to another team what I would not do to my brothers on our other team, compete fairly. In the end, I feel I do not have the right to rob someone else of their enjoyment of the game through unfair action. So let me pose a question: I have played several games that have died because too many players left to sustain it. If we make this a place Thats no longer able to be enjoyed, full of liars and thieves, scoundrels and saboteurs, this game will end and we will be at fault.

Perhaps Gree will turn a blind eye to what this player has done. Which is sad. Perhaps SUP did send him and celebrates his accomplishment. I say to them: if you must ask for first place to be handed to you, you are not worthy it. If untrue and SUP did not condone or instigate this action, I would expect a resounding denial. Regardless of what Gree and SUP choose to do, the rest of use also have a choice: turn a blind eye and pretend it didn't happen and let it happen again... or watch each others backs.

Joanne, this was an injustice. Thank you for the warning. With names being so easy to change though, he will be in GSF next war, or another top team. I urge you to forward his alliance ID if any of you have it to every player and member you have, and each of them again, so the root of this problem has no home to start again.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    CRAZY! they must hated you guys a LOT to do this kind of things!!
    - 794 486 316 -

You’ve tried the rest, now join the best – VFF Alpha: serious enough to remember it’s just a game

Post Count
    i remember seeing that 20 ally guy..jsut wish we all could stand together here to have a change in MW from grees eyes..but the medal event proved to be a huge money maker for gree in fact so well they are doing it again...and now the ppl that plays with small or medium gold use are not even makeing progress towards WD..the game has changed so much that gree only wants heavy gold spenders in the game makeing the majority of MW useless..only way we can get a stat gain now is with alot of money..no units on crates..boss event is now putting a ton of medals there...soon gonna jsut be the one man faction or stay on a streak team so i dont have to use gold to get my stat gain..my $ my not be alot but if everone thinks this way then the little money becomes huge $ when we all are combined

Post Count
    I saw "sup rules" and I can confirm there was chatter of what was happening. I saw he had 20 allies and he helped everybody that went against their faction.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Angry SUPigs

This is not war. Even in war there are rules of engagement.

This is a game where people spend large sums of money they earn. You and your leadership need o be litigated against and Gree needs to fully support that litigation.

And us numpty's didn't know that was happening.

That's taking things to a new psychological fixated level SUP leadership.

Ban them all and remove any rewards for that nonsense Gree or be seen to be tainted by it in acceptance. That behaviour could not possibly fall in nine with the game terms and conditions or the general meaning of them. You cannot allow this team to suffer a financial loss by that behaviour and further, strong summary justice must be seen to be applied.

Sup are supposed to be the leaders here. What the heck were you thinking? Your leadership has to go for good from the game entirely.

The sad bit is, here I was thinking Sup were most honourable and fair. The reality is they are just low devious cheats.

How dare you effect the effort and $pend of that team. I hope your leadership is litigated against.

Break them up Gree and dispose of those disgraceful SUP deviates.

Now who is actually going to be banned, removed, deleted.

Post Count
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Missile-Crisis

^^Same idea towards OP subject.

That is just pathetic, you need to blacklist him. Give his ID code to everyone and make sure he doesn't sabotage another mighty faction. If this is true, RIP TKO
    Last edited by Mastert55!; 12-30-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Post Count
    The first medal event may have made them money but how many feel like they were given a bait and switch and will never do it again. I for one won't because the goals aren't clear upfront and the faction prizes requiring 9/9 wins in a row and 50 total make it unsinkable for almost every team. I assume 1500 indiv wins was also intended and not programmed correctly but at least that is within a players control.

As for poone pounder, I think his post proves the point above. It is rediculous that gree condones this act which make many of us gold spenders quit therefore effectively ending this game and their revenue stream. In the end, Gree is killing themselves and this game we all used to love playing.

Post Count
    It would be clever, albeit underhanded, if it wasn't done by SUP. they must be getting really bored if they are resorting to tactics like this. It's often talked about that gree has employees playing in SUP, and if that's the truth, then it's that much worse. But hey, I continue to pay...er play the game like the rest.

Articulate Author Paisthecoolest's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wow. Just wow
    Health Regeneration: -30% (7/7)
    Ground Attack: 35% (7/7) Ground Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Air Attack: 35% (7/7) Air Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Infantry Attack: 35% (7/7) Infantry Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Sea Attack: 35% (7/7) Sea Defense: 30% (7/7)
    Building Output: 35% (7/7) Building Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Guild +40 (20/20) Old Skool Pigs: 156958010

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I'm not a lawyer but couldn't this violate modern wars license agreement?

14. Disputes between You and Other Users

You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service and other parties that you come in contact with through your use of the Service. Funzio reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor and manage disputes between you and other users of the Service. You will fully cooperate with Funzio to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including, without limitation, granting Funzio access to any password-protected portions of your Account. Funzio hereby disclaims any and all liability to you or any third party relating to any dispute between you and other users of the Service.

If so at least a refund could be issued.